1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham v Watford

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Mexican Hornet, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Think they said it hit his shoulder which doesn't count as handball apparently!

I agree there was no intent and tnink the non penalty frustrated our fans more .

remembercolinlee likes this.
  2. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Dele did nothing your players don't do mate. Your players are physical and so was he...I get the frustration at conceding so late but don't get your issue TBH.

People were rightly complaining of the chronic time wasting that Foster started at around 20 minutes that continued to the end...every goal kick and throw in took forever...players rolled around holding their faces to get the play stopped...but imho while Foster should have been booked it ain't why we nearly lost and TBH a team trying to win their first game of the season are going to try everything they can to see the game out.

You played well today but disagree about the Dele stuff TBH.

Markthehorn likes this.
  3. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

We have been robbed by VAR so many times this season
    Two penalties not given and two equalisers that could/should have been disallowed
    As for Del Alli he have cheated against us in the past and he is one of those players you love or hate, I just cant stand him and hate it when he plays for England
    Not rational I know but there it is

brian_66_usa likes this.
  4. remembercolinlee

TBH mate I could say the same stuff about Watford players but like you said it just is what it is.
    As for VAR it don't work.
    We could have had a penalty for a goul on Rose v Leicester, I still do not understand how Son was ruled offside in the same match, and we were denied a clear penalty v Newcastle and v Arsenal when Dele was thrown to the floor.
    But we could have conceded a penalty v City, their goal was also ruled out and it sounds like you could have had a penalty today (honestly do not see it as I was the other end of the pitch).
    I used to think VAR was a good idea until I was at a FA Cup replay v Rochdale 18 months ago. The whole game was dominated by farcical VAR decisions. We won 6-1 but the match was spoilt by the rubbish that occurred.
    Imho VAR has gone nothing to improve football this season and nor have the rule changes.

5. duggie2000

Football fans wear their hearts on their sleeves, at least the ones who go to the games
    Man City fan will,l be upset with their disallowed goal at the start of the season and the terrible penalty that Liverpool were given
    Liverpool would still, be top but the gap would be much smaller
    Had we been mid table we would have not have got so upset today as a draw at Spurs is a good result but we seem to be harshly dealt with in our current position
    Anyway good luck fo the rest of the season, apart from your next game against us of course

Markthehorn and remembercolinlee like this.
  6. remembercolinlee

Ditto mate

7. Markthehorn

Well the main trouble with VAR is the refs in the video replay booths seem very reluctant to over turn any decisions!

We might as well just save the money and have the on field refs being in charge and making whatever decision they do ..

Are they picking on the assistants by pulling them up for any little offside which is more understandable to miss ?!

remembercolinlee likes this.
  8. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Can you show me where, in the Laws of the Game it says that the shoulder is not part of the hand/arm?
    Basically if it moves it has the potential to be handball: from the finger tips all the way up to, but not including (because it doesn't move) the collar bone. The shoulder moves the arm, ergo...
    I've seen this "shoulder isn't handball" nonsense a lot today and it's beginning to cheese me off. Sorry.

9. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Only seen the MOD highlights, and I cannot for the life of me understand how we did not get a penalty. If we didn't have VAR I can accept that the ref didn't see something and it is just one of those things, but access to replays removes that excuse. It just doesn't seem to be working.

10. Markthehorn

Only reporting what I heard - like you say does seem a strange ruling .

Hornet-Fez likes this.

11. Hornet-Fez

Sorry, Mark, I didn't word the start of my post very well. :emoticon-0148-yes:

I've only seen the vox pop of those who really don't understand the laws <doh> hold that opinion, not anyone in the game. Unless I've missed something?

Markthehorn likes this.
  12. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Just seen MOTD too and they choose to focus on Alli after the game! We have our performance of the season (especially from a defensive point of view), Kane, one of the best strikers in the world (as they keep calling him) doesn’t get a sniff and they focus on Alli! Matt Rowson on BHappy scores every Watford outfield player a 4 or 5 out of 5, Doucouré has his best performance for months and they focus on Alli! For once our defence is superb and it’s something they’ve criticised all season and they focus on Alli! Arrghhh!!!

Markthehorn likes this.
  13. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

I agree, it wasn't a penalty.

14. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

I seem to remember in the world cup the ref trotted over to the touch line and did the VAR decision himself it might be better as the committee of goons watching the videos in every angle in their cubby hole seem to be blind!

15. Markthehorn

Do you mean wasn't handball or was a penalty?

The FA thought it would take up less time if they didn't have the pitch side monitors but they probably thought the VAR officials would actually have the guts to over rule the on field ref .

16. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

I think Scullion is saying it wasn’t handball, surely? Looking back, the non-pen is more frustrating.

Markthehorn likes this.
  17. Hornet-Fez

It was handball, especially given the new advantage law so they were wrong twice, and it was most certainly a foul on Gerry... got nothing on the ball and got enough of Gerry.

18. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

There was a 2nd penalty appeal where the spurs defender handled the ball which wasn't given and I think that was what he was talking about. It was a shot that rebounded onto him.

19. Hornet-Fez

That certainly wasn't a penalty.

Markthehorn likes this.
  20. duggie2000

The Watford players were not complaining about the Alli handball but Kanes foul on Kabasele
    VAR did not even check that
    Once again little Watford are punished for not being one of the top six