1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tottenham in the Summer Transfer Window - 2014 Edition!

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Moorpheus19, Apr 18, 2014.

1. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

Back to Africa I would think, coaching.

2. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

I think his contract is up in the summer anyway, so whatever we get is a bonus.

3. The Mighty Thor

18 months yet, which pillock signed him?

This morning NewsNow is stating that Rodriguez hasn't played since April and it would be a huge gamble if we or Man City bought him. I said this last week and haven't changed my mind, let's NOT buy him.

4. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

A Chelsea work colleague of mine is under the impression Schurrle could be used in a deal to take Reus to Chelsea, that's according to his "contacts".

We have Yedlin coming in Jan or Summer - Can see it being Jan seeing as we've struggled at RB this season.

In the season he had under Harry he was amazing for us, clocking up a good number of goals and assists while being a focal point and key player for the team, Harry's probably the best manager for Ade.

5. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There were reports of this last week in the papers. I think that Bild mentioned them both in the same story, but going to different clubs, then it slowly morphed into a swap deal of sorts.

6. The Mighty Thor

I like the sound of Paul Mitchell.

Roll on January to get it over with, we are being linked with everybody and I'm tired of it.

7. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Seeing as Moorpheus hasn't started a January Thread yet (*hint hint*) I thought I'd post on here. Although I'm a bit concerned I've not seen my transfer buddy in crime on here for a while, Roo, things won't be the same without his daily rumours! Come to think of it, I haven't seen the man who criticises the constant rumours either - Boss. Anyone know what's happened to the two? Maybe Boss is embarrassed he's no longer the top Fantasy Football expert anymore :p

Anyway, rumours lingering of a possible player plus cash deal for Jackson Martinez (Soldado being the player).

Hector Moreno's name has bounced up, he was impressive for Meh-hi-co in the World Cup but is apparently recovering from a broken leg.

Jay Rodriguez was again linked.

I'd probably take all three, it'd mean one CB (Vlad) and one winger leaving unless Poch sees Rodriguez as a striker which in that case wouldn't surprise me if Ade went. Though when it comes to bringing in a CB, although Moreno looks/ looked very good, I think we could do with a Prem-proven player, someone like Ashley Williams would be great for us I think, if Shawcross wasn't such a dirty c**t I'd have him at Spurs too as he's a very solid and consistent defender.

8. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

According to sources in Italy, we've arranged a January deal for PSG midfielder Adrien Rabiot - if true, that could be a great deal as he looks like a combination of Modric and Carrick, which is the player our midfield needs.

As for departures, the main rumours are loan moves taking Paulinho to Brazil and Chiriches to Italy. There was talk of cash + Dembele + Townsend for Schneiderlin, but if we signed Rabiot that's probably not going to happen. After that, it's easy to speculate: Naughton's going to be surplus to requirements when Yedlin arrives, and Dembele must be nearing the exit if we are bringing in Rabiot/see him as a makeweight in a deal for Schneiderlin.

9. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

I could see Paulinho, Ade, Chiriches/Kaboul (or both if we bring in a CB) and possibly Dembele, and maybe even Townsend too leaving permanently or on loan this January, plus the finalisation of Holtby's move away. Its going to be a busy window I reckon if we can find buyers and fund the replacements for our players.

10. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

11. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw that in the Mail. Think the info might be a bit out of date as Townsend had worked his way into the team before getting injured and Lennon(pretty sure he was mentioned too) was keeping Chadli and Lamela out of the starting line up.

Dembele, Ade and Kaboul would be first out of the door for me. They don't suit what Pochettino's trying to do and don't appear to making much effort to try and do so either. Say what you like about Paulinho but in the last few games he's really looked like he's taken what Pochettino wants the players to do on board. Unless he's just trying harder to get a move I'd keep him along with Bentaleb, Mason and Stambouli. Unless we get some really good offers in I'd be inclined to keep the rest and maybe loan out Dier to get him some regular Premier League games at centre back. Oh and I'd sell Naughton too if we can get Yedlin to come in January. I guess that would be a busy window if you threw in a couple of new signings - a centre mid, striker and maybe another centre back.

12. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

Apparently Yedlin has his Latvian passport and is going to be coming in January for sure, which surely is the writing on the wall for Naughton unless Walker's return from injury is catastrophic.

13. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'd like to see Yedlin go out on loan for the rest of the season, preferably to a Premier League side.
    Get a run of regular English football under his belt before he's put in at the deep end for us.
    You'd expect Walker to reclaim his place when he's fully fit and we've got other options there now, plus a lack of homegrown players and a full squad.

14. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

The quality of the Wail's journalism is best summed up by this phrase in that story: "Paulinho, in action against Chelsea on Wednesday night, has fallen out of favour under Pochettino"

If he's playing, how has he fallen out of favour?

15. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

16. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

17. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

I don't know what's going to happen because I see Levy as being very stubborn about selling players for less than he paid for them, and most of the players we want to sell would fit into that category. We need another striker, and two if Ade leaves, and we need at least one right sided midfielder.

18. The Mighty Thor

Gossip is Ade and Soldado for Martinez. I need time to think about this one.

But what I do not need time for is Bony, if he misses chances like that for Swansea then he'll miss chances like that for Spurs and I feel we'd end up with another frustrating forward. Could of course be that we are a jinx team for Swansea but I'm not willing to risk it.

19. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

Still rather have Bony than Soldado,he might miss chances,every striker does,but not as many as Soldado has since we got him,still can't believe the one against Besikas

20. The Mighty Thor

What about Kane's against Asteras but Bony strikes me as inconsistent tots. I'm trying to imagine Bony and Kane together but I cannot.