1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Nov 18, 2021.

1. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

So he had possession in an attacking position 24 times, once every 2.75minutes.
    Crossed 7 times one providing a goal.
    Passing accuracy of 78% as winger allways going to be lower than others as he has to provide the vital last pass, not just to you to me as others can do in more defensive roles.
    Stats, it's just how you look at them.

xbpod, blonogasoven, Infidel and 2 others like this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Did you feel he had a good game? If you break down his percentage it was 60% success pass rate in the opposing half. I was pleased for him with the cross but if that hadn’t been put away he created absolutely nothing else from an attacking sense

I accept we have injuries I know our options are limited but Harrison has been poor for too long. The team did pretty good if you judge them over 90 minutes but Firpo and Harrison were easily the worst two on the pitch

Maybe I’m just being harsh on him and disappointed how we looked so different 2nd half

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  3. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

No, I don't think he's been playing well for a long time, compared to last year.
    Seems we are all clutching at straws waiting for our injured players to come back, and they will, but others will get injured.
    As much as we all like the youngsters to come through, our bench is really weak, even with a fully fit squad.
    I really hope we buy a quality 8/10 in january, we are allready in a relegation fight.

i am not questioning the commitment of any of the players or Bielsas tactics or methods just feel we need a bit more quality in certain areas, as is obvious roberts is not the answer.

4. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Bamford is a massive miss at the moment, Geldhart worked his socks off but second half to little effect and ultimately ran himself into the ground. Forshaw was impressive when Spurs were not pressing, however under the cosh second half he was off the pace somewhat.

Add in the missing Ayling, who runs up and down all day long and it's not difficult to come up with valid reasons why our perfomance dipped second half.

5. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Gutted not to get anything from that, on balance of the 90 minutes, we deserved a point.
    We do lack quality in the last third, too many wrong options taken in and around the box is costing us all season.with that we'd be at least 6 points better off.
    Meslier should never have gone out chasing the ball for the first, if he was centre of goal, that was not going in, unlucky deflection for the second.
    Performance wise, we've been much better recently but need to start turning the Performances into points.

Loved that back heel from Gelhardt on the bye line in the first half.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  6. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I usually give marks out of 10 to players for games that I manage to watch in full. This was a tough one.

Let's just say first half all the players were 8's, 9's and 10's.

2nd half all the players were 3's, 4's and 5's.

Another game that should have been finished at half time.

7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

See I think we have to question some of the signings and ask have we spent wisely, have we purchased the right players in the right positions, have we ignored or refused some we shouldn’t have

8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Facebook Supporters Group… A few are saying the same thing, they’re a little concerned with Phillips after his interview on Sky. Phillips apparently said he didn’t know why he was playing at CB, he seemed like he was holding something back in the interview?

Did anyone else see it and if so can you shed some light or thoughts?

Obviously he was man marking Kane so I find it a little strange he would say he didn’t know why he was asked to play the position

9. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

… didn’t see it, but bizarrely I thought he was outstanding at centre back and unusually average in midfield

wakeybreakyheart and ristac like this.
  10. milkyboy

James was the exception to the above. Thought he was very good all game.

didn’t turn our dominance before the break into clear chances.. again.

we seemed to hit the communal panic button after the break, also something we have previous with.

NostradEmus and foolee like this.

11. milkyboy

we did look leggy though… possibly an illusion caused by them pressing us and putting us under pressure. All those neat triangles of the first half turned to tired looking heavy touches.

We definitely miss paddy… thought joffy had a few nice touches in the first half and I like the shoot on sight attitude he showed in the second, but though he worked really hard he wasn’t really able to influence the game or hold the ball up when we needed it. You wouldnt expect that of a teenager making full debut… but objectively, you’d rather he was getting minutes coming on fresh to replace paddy against tired defences than starting.

LeedsRover1 likes this.
  12. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

Morning all. It was better than I expected. Conte said he changed it at half time which is why he's a great coach. With all the injuries I think Bielsa's hands were tied. Add Ayling, Raphinha and Paddy to that team and I think we'd have won it but we'll never know.
    If this injury crisis continues we're in trouble this year. I can't remember if we've had a full squad this year yet.
    As has been said, Spurs had quality on the bench, we had the car park attendant.

13. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

Post match interview he was not his usual smiling self. Looked a bit fed up with it all to be honest. Thought he marked Kane out of the game myself.

ristac likes this.
  14. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

It was mentioned on talkSPORT breakfast show this morning. Haven’t seen it, mind you it was only o’hara and gabby that brought it up. They thought he checked himself halfway through so as not to criticise Bielsa.

Makemstine Roger and ristac like this.
  15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Along the lines of what a few others said, I wonder if something has changed for him playing for England and mixing with City lads