1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

You would think conti had won the league

2. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

i was pleased with James, Phillips was immense Firpo not up to standard time to try someone else, players gave their all shame at least the had my blood pumping first half

ristac and southernwhite like this.
  3. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Things we did right.

It was a balanced team, especially with James playing more on the right wing.

That could enable Raphinha to play more centrally.

Gelhardt is very talented, and needs a lot more game time.

Good to see Klich only get an hour, then replace him for fresh legs.

4. Makemstine Roger

<applause><applause>

5. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

We are starting to be our own worst enemy, 1st half very good,2nd poor we don't seem to be able to keep the intensity like last season, obviously missing key players hampered us today but to be honest I didn't think at half time we where going to lose that if anyone thinks we are not in a perilous situation now they need a shrink

6. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Don’t think they deserved it over the 90 minutes, but we lost the midfield after the break… and looked leggy by the last 20 minutes. Lost to a miskick and a deflection.

Ultimately their chances all came from us losing possession or individuals losing their physical battles. We made it too easy for them after the break

Irishshako and Makemstine Roger like this.
  7. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

we didnt deserve to take 0 points from that but we have. It's not a good time at the moment and injuries are killing our season. next month I see not much different full squad or not. Can't fault the boys they gave all but they had that little bit of class on the pitch which we sadly had taken from us with a bit lady luck on their side.
    Going to be a tough ride till January. I think we have enough to stay up but when we continually putting out patched up teams every week its only going to be a struggle we having no lady luck on and off the pitch. Spurs are no better than us on that performance especially with so many out but we go home with nothing. Sadly injuries again are killing our season not saying we be in the top 10 but we defo would have a few more points on the board which we desperately need as i still see us floating around the bottom 5 come new year with who we have to play.

8. Makemstine Roger

bit harsh mate but everyone has an different opinion disappointed we didn't win, but i never had any confidence before the match, and when the goal went in wow thought we had it in the bag , the match was like a rollercoaster ride lots of ups and downs shame it finished on a down

9. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Going down with signings like firpo. The guy is junk and another orta waste of money. I honestly have no faith in orta the spunka of millions. List his success and i can name four more shyte players he has signed. Yhese u23s are not the answer and gelherdt should hsve buried that shot that hit kane. Sorry guys but when bielsa made us worse i saw one thing... The championship. Thanks a lot cheapo rads. Oh and phillups gave some **** ball away today.. But hey he's leeds so is allowed. Not one of this squad can hit a shot at goal.

10. CreativeMenace

CreativeMenace Active Member

Good chance it was going in without Kane's hand - same distance as the pen he scored against San Marino

11. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I agree that ball played hand at point blank range. My main issue is that Kanes hand wasn't exactly clamped to his side. He was doing jazz hands. I'm not sure that was a natural position when defending. They teach keepers to come out like that.

Whitejock and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  12. wakeybreakyheart

He played at it

leeds down south likes this.
  13. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Before the game, the Spurs players were saying how they’ve never had a week like it, the fitness training Conte put them through was gruelling.

Conte has banned ketchup, sandwiches and bad dietary food. After the first half I thought Spurs were out on their feet, we are going to have a comfy second half as they’ve nothing in the tank.

Towards the end of 90 minutes we looked leggy and tired Spurs looked far fitter

Jammy 07 likes this.
  14. wakeybreakyheart

Bielsa trains us too hard.

Irishshako likes this.
  15. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Like the army<cheers>

16. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

A pretty good effort from the lads today, second half though Spurs upped their tempo and we didn't play with enough quality to see us through a difficult period in the match. Once that first goal went in you knew we would struggle and so it proved.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  17. wakeybreakyheart

What about the daft subs?

18. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Klich and Forshaw faded badly and needed replacing, what else could Bielsa do with so many players out injured ?

Maybe Conte had a plan and that's why they sat back so much first half, it's likely he knew we'd be weaker as the game wore on.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  19. wakeybreakyheart

But its said we are fitter.... The bielsa myth?

20. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Jack Harrison superb cross for the goal but his stats were poor…

Particularly with Harrison as he looked rather lightweight on the left. He lost possession more times (24) than any other visiting player, meaning he handed possession back to Spurs once every 2.75minutes across the whole game.

Furthermore, he failed with his six other crosses, managing an accuracy rate of just 14% and similarly, a passing accuracy of 78% was the second-worst of any outfield starter, as per SofaScore.