1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, May 4, 2017.

1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Yep, get him trained up and maybe next year you can get rid <ok> :grin:

2. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Wembley have their own programme sellers. We can't even get him working the gate.

Up his insurance and fiddle with the brakes on his car?

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  3. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

4. "Thanks for that Brian"

Today's a trialists' game for Southampton players. I'd be amazed if they took on Citeh and the others for Van Dyke. If the others bid £50m or thereabouts, that should mean that they look elsewhere. Liverpool need too many players to be spending that on a centre half.

It would be a lot cheaper for them to recruit Les Reed and cut out the middle men.

The Changing Man likes this.
  5. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

So Friday was ****.

Down visiting family in Devon as they own a restaurant here, staying with my Auntie and Uncle. Leading towards their bathroom is a low drop in the ceiling - completely forgot to duck, smashed my head, cut it and was dazed for most of the day, then had to watch us lose to West Ham in the evening.

Was only able to catch bits of the game as I was watching it on my phone in their restaurant, looked a real drab of a match to be fair, neither side done much but the spammers got the win. Suppose it was somewhat written really, first game against us at their new stadium, the lucky stars were always going to be in their favour.

So yeah... Friday can **** off.

6. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

I knew Friday was going to be a bad day when I got woken up by the cat being sick all over the bed at half three in the morning.

SpursDisciple and bigsmithy9 like this.
  7. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

Great minds suffer rude awakenings alike, DH. The light of my life and I went on a quick vacation the week before last, driving straight south 650 miles to the coast at Charleston, SC. On the way back we stayed in a very nice mansion B & B. There was also a very low passage on the way to the bathroom. We're the tall couple. We managed it without incident all but three times. I won't bore you with the details of who failed twice. I will mention that after the final incident I remembered a piece of sage advice from my father: "Try not to make the same mistake more than twice." Luckily, while I ended up on the carpet after an attempt to improve the low passageway, I managed to avoid any worse afereffects than a lump. Or two.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  8. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Quick vacation? 650 MILE DRIVE?!
    Christ, what car do you own? <laugh>

9. DeLorean??

10. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Join the club,mate. I had 7 cats at one time............one left.Old age...like Arsenal!

11. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

Nah, takes the white lines off the road. You have to consider if I go somewhere like Mexico, I lose two days total to very unpleasant air travel. Losing two and a half to long drives which I enjoy shines by comparison. Nothing says vacation like playing mouse and trap with West ByGod speed traps.

12. Citizen Kane

Always fascinated by the American perception of distance and reasonable travelling times. I had a mate's wedding out in Cleveland a few years ago and made arrangements to stay at a mutual friend's while I was out there. Only found out after booking my ticket that he lived in DC and was planning to drive over for the wedding. No traffic, still took us well over 5 hours and I was shattered by the time I got to the venue.

The only reason I would ever consider driving 650 miles is to return Sissoko to Newcastle and stop off at every pub on the way home to celebrate.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  13. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

Talking about driving I was asked today to take 4 chelski fans to the bridge tonight I declined and told them to walk. <laugh>

14. Rocky blue army

I'll be your co driver....anything to get rid of sissoko <laugh>

Citizen Kane likes this.
  15. Citizen Kane

I'd push him all the way there in a wheelbarrow if needs be.

Roo and Rocky blue army like this.
  16. Rocky blue army

I really can't think of a time when I really didn't want one of our players over the last 49 years but I hate to say it sissoko is a waste of money .I thought that years ago about willie young until he scored against west ham if memory's serves me right john Duncan scored as well at Upton Park and there was a floodlight failure as well got home about 1 am but we won happy days

17. Citizen Kane

Adebayor is definitely up there but at £5m was well worth a flutter, even though that flutter turned into a rash that just wouldn't go away until we paid it to leave. Darren Bent runs them close as I never really rated him but in his case it was more the timing of his signing that made him unwanted.

18. "Thanks for that Brian"

Some players just rub you up the wrong way. For instance, Dicker Zokora drove me mental. He was a 'replacement' for Michael Carrick but only in the way that a cork screw replaces a motor car or an apple replaces a wardrobe.

The bloke couldn't tackle, pass, head the ball or shoot. If we'd lost the 2008 League Cup after he ****ed that one on one, I would be doing time for murder right now. Grrrrrr!! Grrrrrrrr!

19. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

But the distances just don't seem as far in the States. In 1999 I did a five week driving trip round all the 48 contiguous states and averaged about 500 miles a day. Most days the driving didn't seem stressful at all. I guess that's partly due to wide roads, good scenery, less road works and less traffic.

20. Rocky blue army

The thing with adebayour was he was good on loan but **** when we signed him permanent but we all knew that would happen