1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Watford

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Oct 17, 2019.

1. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Saturday 19th October 3pm
    Premier League
    Tottenham Hotspur Stadium​

Another international break has passed us by and we're back to our rather choppy domestic campaign.
    The last game was something of a disaster, as we lost our captain to injury and were utterly outplayed.
    Our visitors are currently bottom of the division and winless, but they'll see this as an opportunity.
    It's no secret that we're having problems at the moment and their manager may have used the break wisely.
    Two sides in desperate need of a win, but can we be the one to get it?

Watford's disastrous start to the season saw Javi Gracia's time at the club come to an end.
    Reaching a cup final and securing a comfortable mid-table finish doesn't count for much any more.
    3 losses and a draw in the opening four games and he was resigned to the ever-growing Watford scrapheap.
    That the club went back to it to find his replacement probably didn't sit too well with him, either.
    Quique Sanchez Flores returned from short stints in Spain and China to take the helm.

If the new/old manager was supposed to have an instant impact, then his appointment hasn't worked so far.
    Two draws have sandwiched two losses in his four league games, which include an 8-0 humiliation by City.
    A narrow win in the League Cup has been his only bright spot, but beating Coventry didn't save Gracia.
    Watford's inactivity in the summer transfer window may mitigate things with the fans.
    The board don't seem to care though and they've got very itchy trigger fingers.

This fixture came at a difficult time for us last season, as we'd just gone out of both cups and were struggling.
    Kane was injured, Son had just come back from international duty and our form was poor.
    A depleted attendance meant a poor atmosphere, which only became worse as we went behind.
    Cathcart headed home before the break to end an uninspiring half.
    The second half was better though, as Son scrapily leveled before Llorente stole it at the death:

The visit to Vicarage Road was almost the reverse, as we took the lead before throwing it away.
    Both teams struggled to create chances and we got to the break with the deadlock deservedly intact.
    An unfortunate Doucoure own goal gifted us the lead fairly early in the second half, but Watford reacted well.
    It was no shock when Deeney headed home their equaliser from a free-kick.
    That Cathcart replicated it a little later from a corner was even less suprising:

Lloris is out for the foreseeable future and Lo Celso and Sessegnon are in consideration for selection.
    Their fitness and sharpness isn't up to standard yet and Eriksen faces a late test on a dead leg.
    Deeney and Success miss out for the visitors, while Prodl and Capoue are doubtful.
    Neither side has any suspensions.

Lineups for each side's last league game:

Spurs: Lloris; Sissoko, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Dier, Ndombele; Lamela, Eriksen, Son; Kane.
    Subs: Gazzaniga, Foyth, Sanchez, Skipp, Winks, Alli, Moura.
    League form: LDWLWL.

Watford: Foster; Janmaat, Cathcart, Prodl, Kabasele, Holebas; Cleverly, Docoure, Peyreyra; Welbeck, Gray.
    Subs: Gomes, Dawson, Chalobah, Hughes, Femenia, Deulofeu, Sarr.
    League form: LDDLLD.

Referee: Chris Kavanagh. VAR: John Brooks.

TV: Not televised.

How would you like to line up for this one and what would you change from the Brighton game?
    Who would you play at right-back and how would you balance our bench?
    Which system and tactics would you use and what are you expecting Watford to go with?

Tilly'sowner likes this.
  2. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

3. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

I have had just about survived the week from some kind of purgatory... I have been kicked, punched, spat at, snotted on and worst of all was called an ugly fat ****...I mean ... seriously well build with a classicsl profile is my description of choice...anyhow, enough of Mrs RCLs tantrums...but due to my sorry assed mind I am taking NO responsibility for the following...

This week brings a team who haven't won away from home in 9 months, have lost to colfuckingchesfuckingter and have lost their last 2 games by an aggregate score of 10-2 up against a team who have lost 8 nil, ain't won all season and suffered the biggest loss in an English cup final in over 120 years...
    Never before has a premier league hashtag for a match been so appropriate......

#totwat... :bandit:

To top it all, in honour of the game the day it takes place has been renamed twataday <grr>

His performance as the England left back has finally alerted the rest of football to the simple fact that how Rose sees himself is very different to reality.

Through Rose tinted glasses...

giphy (82).gif

The reality

giphy (83).gif

There has been a lot of utter rubbish spoken about the disharmony in the dressing room this season.
    The truth about the cause of the disharmony has emerged in a scret video filmed the day after Vertonghen had been to Auriers for dinner...
    giphy (79).gif
    No wonder Eriksen had the arse with him <whistle>

Spurs fans have had one bright spark this year who goes by the name of Sissoko...
    giphy (84).gif
    ...shame his aim is a bit

20191018_125526.gif

Pochettino has said that the Jsnuary window needs ignoring as he is happy with the squad so if you do not wanna see @Spurlock have the mofo of all meltdowns I suggest you all be like thison the transfer thread

giphy (20).gif

The smart money is on me crying sll the way home on Twaterday night while my teenbeast repeatedly tells me her mother is right.

<wah>

4. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Gazza will be along to kiss and console you in a short while. <ok>

5. remembercolinlee

3cbf62304a15522c96537b19069a5710.jpg

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  6. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Disappointed to hear no piss socks were thrown tbh.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  7. remembercolinlee

1500312815_leonardo-dicaprio-angry.gif

Dier Hard likes this.
  8. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Anyways I’m glad the international break is over, felt weird not having Spurs ruin my weekend.

So what’s gonna be the main talking point after tomorrow’s 3-0 loss?

Kane gets a season long injury.
    Gazzaniga gets possessed by the bad flappy side of Lloris.
    Sissoko finally scores... in our own net.
    Eriksen skews a corner so badly it ends up giving Watford a corner down our end.
    Aurier adds another to his red card collection.
    Toby still continues to think he’s Titus Bramble.
    Winks does a sidewards pass that smacks Levy in the West stand.

Voting closes tomorrow 2:59 pm.

9. Tilly'sowner

Tilly'sowner Well-Known Member

Seems Eriksen and Son are not available. Son featured in a gruelling match versus the other Korea, and Eriksen has a dead leg. LA Celso and sessegson are fit but not yet ready for selection. Hopefully they will feature on the bench.

This is one that spurs should win but the banana skin is always there against the likes of Watford.

As long as Ireland triumphs tomorrow, I don't care! But I'm watching Poch's tactics tomorrow. He cannot afford to screw this one up.

10. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

Fixed

Dier Hard likes this.

11. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

<laugh> <applause>

12. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

Cheer up all, it could be worse. No seriously. If Dean was the ref it would be worse.

Billy The Spur likes this.
  13. remembercolinlee

Aurier and Rose starting...

*sigh*

Citizen Kane. likes this.
  14. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Watford needs charity. Remember Spurs,charity begins at home!

15. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

At a guess, we're playing 3421 like we were towards the end of 2015-16

...that or we decided that Rose is such a liability at left back, we're playing 4231 with Verts at LB

16. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

1-0 Doucoure

17. This is about as low as I have seen us since Ramos, just before Redknap took over.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  18. Alfie Conn

Alfie Conn Well-Known Member

Another defensive/Rose balls up

19. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

Well this is an utter omnishambles isn’t it

20. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Just listening to this instead