1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Vitesse

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Oct 19, 2021.

1. crackerman jack

crackerman jack Well-Known Member

Well how about they all stop being such a bunch of pussies and prove why they shouldn’t be the b team and make a point to start games. I’m not having this woe is me attitude it’s ****ing pathetic for supposedly international players

2. crackerman jack

crackerman jack Well-Known Member

100% agree

remembercolinlee likes this.
  3. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

That’s the thing, most of them simply aren’t good enough to even be able to do that. The international status thing is overplayed too, the two England internationals for instance are arguably the two worst senior players at the club, in competition with Doherty.

If there’s a small silver lining to take from yesterday it’s that it should give Paratici, Hitchen and Levy a huge rocket up the arse and make them realise that beyond our first XI (which isn’t perfect either) we have next to nothing and that players they’ve blocked departures for in the past really do need to get the **** out the club this time around… we can hope for that anyway.

crackerman jack likes this.
  4. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

The man has got no chance here if DH is using Winks for point proving

Nuno is doomed

5. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

More like we're doomed whilst he's in charge, lol.

6. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Just think, five years from now we won't be participating in this useless tournament

Nor will anybody else...

7. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Thursday 4th November 8pm
    Europa League Group Stage
    Tottenham Hotspur Stadium​

Another poor result in the league and that's that for Nuno Espirito Santo.
    He didn't get very long, but he also didn't impress with either the results or performances.
    He's replaced by former Juventus, Italy, Chelsea and Inter manager Antonio Conte.
    With only a couple of days to work with prior to this match, I'm not expecting anything revolutionary.
    Can our new Italian coach get off to a winning start or will the Dutch take more points from us?

It's only been a couple of weeks since we faced each other, so there's not a lot to add.
    They've played two league games in the meantime, losing the first and winning the second.
    The Sunday following our match saw them face Go Ahead Eagles at home, which they lost 2-1.
    Saturday's game away to Heerenveen was a win, but it was far from convincing.
    The hosts had a man sent off after 10 minutes, but took the lead before losing to a 92nd minute goal.

No injury news yet, but it seems likely that Gil and Sessegnon will miss out again.
    Reiziger appears to be the only absentee for the visitors. Neither side has any suspensions.

Spurs: Lloris; Royal, Romero, Dier, Davies; Hojbjerg, Skipp; Moura, Lo Celso, Son; Kane.
    Subs: Gollini, Doherty, Tanganga, Rodon, Sanchez, Reguilon, Ndombele, Alli, Bergwijn.
    League form: LLWWLL.

Vitesse: Schubert; Doekhi, Rasmussen, Bazoer; Dasa, Tronstad, Gboho, Hajek; Fredericksen, Openda; Darfalou.
    Subs: Haveren, Houwen, Yapi, Cornelisse, Oroz, Domgjoni, Vroegh, Huisman, Gong, Von Moos, Buitink.
    League form: WDWWLW.

Ref: Marco Di Bello (ITA). 40-year-old banker. Has reffed Conte when he was Inter manager.

TV: BT Sport ESPN.

How would you like to line up for this one?
    Would you stick with much of the same lineup from the Man Utd game, tinker a little or change it completely?
    Which system and tactics would you use and what are you expecting Vitesse to go with?

Tilly'sowner and SpursDisciple like this.
  8. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

I am expecting a different team and probably what Conte thinks is out best XI, what that means I am not sure yet.

One thing we will need is a decent ref, the one we had the first game bought all of their theatrics and gave us nothing.

I am looking forward to this with far more interest than I was on Sunday!

humanbeingincroydon likes this.
  9. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Have we had a decent ref at any point in the ECL?

10. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

We need to win and Conte will wanna get off to a strong start so I doubt we’ll see a heavily rotated team.

Be interesting to see what the formation will be. We all know what he favours but with two days to work with the team can he implement a new formation and style (well… not that Nuno had a style) in such a short space of time?

I think we can expect to see Romero, Emerson, Reguilon, Kane and Son start though, they’re who I think Conte will build around (plus Hugo).

The Huddlefro likes this.

11. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

There are plenty who have played in a back 3 before. Romero, Dier, Rodon, Davies, Doherty, and several of the midfielders and forwards (including Kane and Son) will have played in formations with 3atb extensively in the past. So it shouldn’t be too much of a shock. I suspect the off the ball work will require more drilling in terms of how and when the midfielders and forwards press.

12. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

I would have wanted a stronger team against this lot anyway as they are cheating bastards. Yes I know we weren't very good last time, but they still didn't deserve their win for reasons referred to in my last sentence.

13. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Still not arsed about the Europa Clown League but Conte will want to get off to a good start so will probably pick a strong team.

Just hope nobody gets injured.

14. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

It's a trophy and i'm pretty sure you get coefficient points for progress and wins.

Dier Hard likes this.
  15. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

That alone is all I care about.

remembercolinlee and Diego like this.
  16. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

Kane to play as a striker in the box and not midfield/wide/defence

17. KingHotspur

Spurs can’t afford any major injuries so why risk the likes of Lloris, Kane and Son.

Don’t get me wrong, if they get to the last 8, then yeah go all out for it and play the best team, but right now it can’t be considered a priority.

Diego likes this.
  18. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I see your point there but really. would you notice if Kane got injured?

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  19. KingHotspur

Kane has been poor but a lot of the problems with Spurs have been the lack of creativity in midfield and the slow boring play.

Create more chances and the goals will come and there’s few better at converting than Kane.

Diego likes this.
  20. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

While I agree, Conte isn’t going to have a huge amount of time with the players in the coming weeks because of the international break, so time together on the pitch learning what he wants is going to be key. We do not want the dry run to be against Everton this weekend.

Plus getting out of this group is important for coefficient points and progressing in the tournament may provide a route to silverware and a route to a better European competition. We need to win the two home games against the stronger teams, I don’t care who we send away to Mura. But I expect close to full strength this week and a little rotation for Rennes.