1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Vitesse

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Oct 19, 2021.

1. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

2. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

Our lot are so bad there is not excuse. The problem is that this ref is so bad it actually does give them an excuse. I do not have words for how bad this ref is.

3. Left on the Shelf

Left on the Shelf Well-Known Member

First half he wasn't that bad. He just took his ****, biased reffing to a whole new level last 45...

4. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

1-0 FT. Awful performance but with an even worse display from the officials.
    Bank account checks, please. <ok>

5. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

I see why he picked a second string line up but he’s gonna look a plonker if Spurs lose on Sunday anyway

6. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

****ing appalling.

Leave that useless prick of a manager out there with Dele and Winks.

7. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

I thought he was pretty crap in the first half, but I generally do! <laugh>

He was so bad that the manager's gone over to slag him off.
    I don't think I've seen him do that before.

Left on the Shelf likes this.
  8. You’ve been Tanguyed

You’ve been Tanguyed Well-Known Member

It’s like this lot are happy playing in the B team! Where’s the ambition to impress or do they not care as they still get their over inflated salary?

9. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

That was shocking, particularly from some experienced players with plenty to play for, the likes of Dele, Winks, Bergwijn should perhaps get a pass for being his first game back but he was well off the pace. Hard to slate Scarlett too much (and Markanday) because it seemed like they barely had a sniff.

Hard to say just how bad the ref was too because I don’t have the vocabulary but that truly was one of the worst officiating performances I’ve seen for a long, long time. No consistency and missed some shockingly obvious stuff.

IF we win on Sunday then I can swallow that performance but Nuno’s laid his cards out and has to hope the players deliver for him against West Ham. If they don’t then the atmosphere will get ugly again.

10. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

Vitesse celebrating like they've won the champions league gives you the perfect measure of just how pathetic this clown tournament is.

Our presence in it is nothing short of a stain on our club's long and proud history.

11. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Nuno out.
    Nuno out.
    Nuno out.
    Nuno out.
    Nuno out.

12. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

Not at all bothered by the result but there are huge question marks over Lo Celso and Gollini. Both disappointing once again.

Dele and Winks just get worse with each passing game and the sooner they leave, the better.

13. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Not for the first time this season, I find myself asking if UEFA realise that nobody will take the ESL seriously if they use it as a dumping ground for officials they don't think are good enough to handle a Europa League dead rubber

Two ****e refs against Pacos, a ****e ref against Rennes, and a ****e ref tonight - the law of averages alone should not make this a possibility

14. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

Its a real bind. Make 11 changes and get a result like this and everyone’s furious. Go half/full strength and knacker the players ahead of what’s going to be a very intense game at the weekend, with two games next week as well? Don’t know the right answer tbh.

vimhawk likes this.
  15. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

lol you hate 90% of the players out there and think they're ****. The other 10% are kids. Should Nuno be getting more out of them, or do you think we need to prioritise the conference league more?

Personally I couldn't give a **** about these games, give those that aren't getting games a go and mix in some youngsters suits me. I'm just furstrated that the senior players aren't stepping up at all. There's nothing to be scared of at the moment.

crackerman jack likes this.
  16. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Buy a decent, balanced squad?

17. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

One suggestion: make eleven changes without the name Dele crossing your mind at any point

Would this evening's result and/or performance have been worse if we gave either White or John a baptism of tepid water in the pivot and played Lo Celso as a No10? Scarlett might have seen the ball at some point other than the kickoff, at the very least

KingHotspur likes this.
  18. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

You would expect Tottenham and Roma to be the red hot favourites for this tournament. Looking at their performances this evening, neither look too interesed. As it is, I'd love it if Maccabi Tel.Aviv won this competition as I would love Israelí clubs and their national side to begin making an impact on the international stage. Vamos Maccabi.

vimhawk likes this.
  19. Alfie Conn

Alfie Conn Well-Known Member

Disappointed but not surprised by that score , I feel sorry for Scarlett as
    the kid has not had a sniff throughout the Europa tournament, this can't be doing his confidence much good,
    The ref was ****ing terrible as was Winks,Dele and Bergwjin, Bergwjin had a slim excuse due to his fitness as he was blowing at HT
    Not convinced by Gollini, looked at the team and thought ok if we click but then saw the bench and decided to go walk the dog as it would not be good for my blood pressure
    If we turn over WH on Sunday it will prove Nuno right if not ................

20. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Say what you want about their play acting, say what you want about the ref being poor, our performance was worse.

5 attempts against such poor opposition is awful.
    1 attempt on target is shameful.

In the final 12 mins after they scored (and 5 mins added on time) we managed a total of ZERO attempts.

That is simply unprofessional.

Sanchez, Rodon, Winks, Lo Celso, Davies and Dele are internationals who have played in major international tournaments.

I have no idea how ANY of those who played tonight can ask to play on Sunday.

Bergwijn was not as terrible as Dele...just.

Gil did nothing of note.

The keeper does nothing to inspire me so God knows how the team feels.

That was the car crash some feared and others expect bit most were saying yesterday they would rather see the reserves played tonight... just not sure anyone expected them to be that poor, that spineless, that unprofessional, that unmotivated or demonstrate that they didn't give a toss.

Dele, Winks, Sanchez and Bergwijn should never play for us again...nothing personal against them but they should get the Danny Rose/ Aurier treatment.

Lo Celso needs to be sold ASAP...for any amount. Utter waste of money

Gil, Rodon, Tanganga and Scarlett should be kept well away from those above...they will be destroyed by the stentch of their failure.