1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

We'll be stupid if we don't, mate. It'd be suicidal to our top four hopes, I really would fear for top four if all we have is Sissoko fit and on form. He's been class the past month or two but he cant be relied upon for a whole season, his style means he'll need a rest every 3-4 games because he covers so much ground.

Even if we can't get a priority signing like SMS/ Rabiot/ de Jong/ Ndombele, there's still plenty of options out there that can definitely add something to the side.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  2. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

I agree we might sneak it but we desperately need reinforcements, as DH says Sissoko won't keep this up forever and as much as I love Winks he has been really inconsistent. January is an awful time to recruit real quality especially these days but serious questions need to be asked if Levy won't open his chequebook for the right player in this circumstance.

Dier Hard, Lovearsenalcock and D.G.C. like this.
  3. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yeah DM can take a back seat, even if we sold Wanyama, we still have Dier and Sissoko who can play a defensive role if need be and I think someone like Foyth could play there if we were desperate. CM is a different matter though, Dembele is finished and Winks isn't good enough. It leaves only Sissoko and as I just said to Spurly, for as good as he's been, his style makes it hard for him to be able to be consistently great for more than 3-4 games due to the amount of ground he covers.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  4. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That was rubbish.

A patchy first half with a wonky team, followed by a storming start to the second, only to immediately take our foot of the gas at 3-0.
    Trippier and Rose seemed to tire very quickly and I assume that they've been rushed back.
    Walker-Peters can definitely fill in at right-back, so at least one of those is unnecessary.
    I have some sympathy for our former first choice left-back though, as he had no cover and nobody making runs ahead of him.

Moura on the left. Why? What's the ****ing point?
    It doesn't work, he improved as soon as he was switched, scored and then got subbed off, despite not needing the rest.
    He's happier on the right and Son's fine on either wing, so what's Pochettino thinking? ****ed if I know.

The replay of Moura's goal getting pulled from the Wembley screens due to the handball was bloody stupid, too.
    We scored. We don't care if one of their defenders palmed the ball beforehand. Moronic.

5. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

I have no idea who we can get though, especially given we need to be thinking about our HG player numbers. The issue of it being January is massive. One option we have in the event we sign nobody could be to drop Alli a bit deeper, he has the attributes to play in a more withdrawn role IMO, though obviously we also have to consider the fact that its not a permanent solution and would potentially impact our play going forward as he is so influential there.

6. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Back early....well, there was nobody there. Where was everyone? 33,012 - we'd better get out of there pretty damn soon or we'll be down to singlr figues!

Thank **** for Hugo! TBBM said they'd score when we clocked off after the third goal and how right he was! Had they got one a bit earlier, I could have been ranting and raving about attitude and heart.

However, they didn't get one until too late and that's why we pay Hugo the big bucks. He was bloody fantastic.

I've had a couple of beers. You can probably tell?

7. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

Should have been better shouldn't it? 4-0 would have said to me that we're flying but 3-1? Where were all the chances we made against Chelsea tonight?

8. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

1) thought we played well until we went 3 up but then took our foot off the pedal and struggled.

2) thought that Son was excellent but run out of steam in the last 20 minutes.

3) Moura worked hard and deserved his goal.

4) Foyth did well in parts after a nervy start.
    5) Lloris was great. His distribution has seriously improved and he is mixing it up ... going long and short so it doesn't invite pressure.

6) we were very lucky ... they hit the woodwork 3 times.

7) Dier was convinced their goal was offside...was it? Could not tell from my seat.

8) Southampton played really well and deserved a point imho.

9) we will need to battle and show more composure against Leicester or they will cause us a lot of problems on Saturday.

10) Rose is ****e...would never boo a spurs player but the sooner the mars bar eating, lard arsed DoF goes to United to get paid what he's worth the better.

11) Wembley is worse than Rose... seriously dislike that hole.

13) congratulations to spurs for celebrating the rainbow laces campaign by lighting up the arch and by inviting an England Hockey player and olympic gold medalist, Helen Richardson-Walsh to speak at ht.

9. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

I've read that he was a bit offside, but it looked miles off to me. Haven't seen a replay that shows it.

10. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

So it should have read 3-0.

11. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

I meant to mention Ward-Prowse. Looked really good. We should nick him in January.
    Homegrown, already played under Pochettino and he can actually take a good set-piece, which would be novel.

Roo likes this.
  12. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Clearly offside, but they deserved a goal so not complaining too much.

13. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

You're too nice..'they deserved a goal' **** them

I deserved a perfect prediction

bigsmithy9 and The Changing Man like this.
  14. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> paultheplug got a perfect prediction. Deserved dosen't play a part in real life Spurlock, you know that.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  15. Allledleykingsmen

Allledleykingsmen Well-Known Member

Morgan Gibbs White is the player we need. What a serious talent the boy is.
    Trouble is wolves are loaded and won't sell him.

Roo likes this.
  16. paultheplug

paultheplug Well-Known Member

I feel really bad about that. I’ll get the next one wrong to make up for it<laugh>

17. I’m claiming copyright infringement for 1-8 and 10 <grr>

<laugh>

18. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

I thought my point 12 was very original made <laugh>

19. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

That reads wrong it wasn't intended as a pop at you Paul.............................Lucky Bastard!

paultheplug likes this.
  20. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

It was the best one.

remembercolinlee likes this.