1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Dec 3, 2018.

1. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think that Winks generally struggles with the 4-3-3 that we used last night and I don't know why we keep trying it.
    We ended up with him and Eriksen playing roles that didn't suit either of them and nobody protecting our fullbacks.
    The slight change from a 4-2-3-1 throws everyone off and results in a performance like that one.

3. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

<laugh> I remember those Coulibaly-Drogba comparisons. Just wiki'd him, he's at Partick Thistle now.

Yeah granted, Winks hasn't had the best of luck with injuries, although that in itself is a concern but I've not seen enough of him when injury free (even if re-injuring his ankle was on his mind in periods) to think "yeah, he's got a bit about him". I don't think he's gotten any better since his debut, his style is too reserved and safe for what we need from our CMs. The only time I'd find him useful is if looking to see out a win with one-goal margin, he'd help at keeping possession and running the clock down.

4. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

5. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I don't think any of the initial TV replays showed that final slow mo one of Hugo getting his fingers onto Hojberg's strike, all the others made it very difficult to tell if there was a genuine touch, that final one clearly shows the ball changing trajectory, ****ing phenomenal save. That really is Hugo at his very, very best.

6. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

He's the king when he plays like this. Amazing!