1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Real Madrid

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Oct 16, 2017.

1. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Obvious is subtle concealment by comparison
    to how our Jamie is behaving nowadays. :)

2. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

We also sold Jamie Redknapp.

3. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

We also paid him a massive wage when he was barely capable of breaking into a jog.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  4. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Massive shout out to young Mr Winks who played with a composure and awareness that belied his youth. I can think of 2 misplaced passes the entire match. This guy has a massive future ahead of him.

Also shout out to Llorente. I've felt since the day of Poch's "youth revolution" that the squad was crying out for a Davids or a Gallas to help the youngsters keep their heads clear and feet firmly planted on planet earth. I was delighted when we signed him and what he showed last night was more than we ever saw from Janssen. It's as simple as that. Also don't know if anyone was watching when the players were in the tunnel (Brian you obviously didn't see this), but there were a fair few nervous faces in there. And who was clapping his hands, shouting words of encouragement? Llorente.

Shout out to my man Moussa. Gets better every game. That break away when Aurier cleared the corner to him, then he flicked it over his head and ran on to the ball was top quality and something we need to see more of. Never thought I'd see myself say it but I'm glad we signed the great lump. Also glad at the air kick he did late on just to remind us he is still Sissoko at heart <laugh>

Magnificent game and yes - 3 pts will seal qualification, but I'd like to see us go for top spot. We saw more than enough yesterday to suggest that at full strength we can beat this lot. Let's go for it. As a great man once said...

It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low.

5. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

Except Dortmund haven't been playing like a team who look capable of taking a minimum of 7 points from the remaining 9 - especially not against opponents like Real Madrid and Spurs.
    If the one point comes against Dortmund, then it will obviously be enough.
    If it comes elsewhere, it should still be enough.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  6. Totally agree. As per my comment above, he was worth his weight in gold last night and will be really important for the rest of the season. :emoticon-0148-yes:

7. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Spot on regards Llorente and Moussa S. Squad is maturing nicely...but you already knew that from how everyone is trying to dismantle it on our behalf.

8. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

Exactly. These sort of comments go hand in hand with those like "Tottenham have to win something..." You never hear anything similar said about Liverpool, like Coutino needs to leave Liverpool in order to win something. Sure Liverpool have an impressive trophy list in the past, but has any member of the current squad actually won anything with them?

9. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Jordan Henderson won the Season Killer Cup with them back in 2012, all of which begs the most important question: is one League Cup in five (nearly six) years actually enough, or are the pundits full of **** and looking for any excuse to stop the interlopers from finishing ahead of their teams due to being much better than them over the course of several seasons in a row?

...and it has to be asked why they were so accepting of the interlopers from Chelsea and Man City.

10. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

1.Spurs have the best young squad in the PL
    2.Have spent the least on transfers.
    3. Have the greatest representation of English players in the top 6 by far.
    4. Have the best young manager in the league.
    5 Have two of the best young forwards in the PL and both are English
    6.Have the best defence in the PL.
    7. Have the best points tally over the last playing year.
    8. Soon to have the best Stadium in the UK.
    9. Best training centre
    10 A top record on bringing academy players into the first team in recent seasons.

Anything else?

Why would you want to play anywhere else except you might get 7 million a year instead of 5 million

Get over it pundits, you'd think they would be behind the team that does more for 'English' football than any other team in the league

11. <laugh>

12. Well said! <applause>

13. The RDBD

Of course not.

Because which of Spurs or Liverpool since 2010 are
    closest to winning something major and sustainably ??

14. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

On the train back to Valencia remembering a great night. We got in just in time to see kick off. I got searched 4 times. Once coming out of a toilet?

I'm glad to hear that you could hear the fans at home as I can't remember a better backing over my 48 years supporting Spurs. When we scored it was pandemonium. One of those games where you're hugging people you'll never see again, like they were your family.

The minutes after Kane and Eriksen nearly scored until the final whistle were ridiculously tense. I promised a god, that I don't believe exists, all manner of ridiculous things to let us get at least a point.

Mauricio Pochettino waited until everyone from both sides had left the arena before acknowledging us in a near empty stadium. The roof nearly came off. He deserved it as did every single player. It's a shame they were off the pitch fairly rapidly but that's the modern way, I guess.

We were the kept locked in for very nearly an hour after the game. The singing kept up at the same level as during the game for the whole of that time. My voice and the Mrs (who is not normally that vocal when she attends games) are wrecked.

A great trip.

15. The RDBD

And that is why I love the travelling faithful
    most, out of all our support.

16. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

I am certain that since Pochettino took over, last night was the first time I have ever completely agreed with his team selection and line up. I could see the logic of his thinking and planning. After Saturday, it was completely correct to give Aurier the nod over Trippier and it was also correct to leave Son out. And fair play to Poch, he got it spot on.
    A great night, a great result and an important result, more so as we were not at our best for much of the game. What we did have though was balls, team spirit and work ethic in abundance and we deserved what we achieved.
    One of my gripes with Poch has been that imo, he hasn't always seemed to appreciate the message to other clubs that getting a big result can bring. For example, going all out to win the FAC semi last season. The fact that today everyone is talking about Spurs, shows some idea of what impact a big result can have.
    Credit where credit is due. Well done Pochettino, that was great management.

COYS

17. The RDBD

Meritocratic/sustainable wage structure ??

Get more bang for the buck then the top 5 PL clubs
    (by wealth) do ??

18. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

We might need to bang a few more bucks to keep them all though.

19. The RDBD

Yeah, right.
    We all know the reason you wrote the above, and here it is :

LOOK AT THAT SUIT !!! < Spurcat >

20. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

And shaved (well, within the last 12 hours anyway)

O.Spurcat likes this.