1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, May 13, 2024.

1. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

2. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Utter fantasy.

It will be in 20*31* , and the squad will be comprised solely
    of academy pipeline players, except for captain VDV
    (who will score a hat-trick to win the title) ,
    on the day that ENIC declare the new WHL debt is paid off.

< ITK >

remembercolinlee likes this.
  3. RRich

RRich Well-Known Member

Seems a bit far fetched.

It will be in 2038, a team comprising of Winks and Tarrico’s sons and nephews

4. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

5. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just thought I'd mention Walker, as I'm not sure if the TV coverage shows it.
    He still comes over to the fans in his corner before kick-off and applauds them.
    It's a simple, easy gesture, but not one that every ex-player does.

6. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

Apparently the bee in Ange's bonnet after the game was caused by seeing certain players, most of whom are quite senior (Son, Romero and Maddison have all been mentioned), laughing and joking around with the City players and with Pep in particular after the game.

Ange returned to the dressing room to find a pretty relaxed, even jovial atmosphere and this caused him to snap.

Fully aware of the rivalry and what winning the game could have meant re Arsenal, Ange was nevertheless shocked at his players' laid back attitude to being beaten and thereby losing their final chance of CL football.

This is what led to his explosive pressure conference.

7. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

There’s been multiple rumours about it to be honest so it depends on what you may want to believe. Could even be a case that all of them are true, hence the “inside/ outside” quote from Ange.

Apparently some staff were laid back over the result in the lead up to the game and someone even said to him jokingly about throwing the game to which he took major offence too.

There’s also the vid of Ange having a go at a supporter. It’s claimed the supporter was having a go at Ange by either saying to throw the game or why didn’t he go this strong against Arsenal/ Chelsea, a further rumour then claims the supporter was ejected - which if true, is pretty disgraceful, especially as Ange said earlier in the season fans are entitled to their opinions and vent frustration.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  8. The RDBD

So you are saying he will be going full Fergie between now
    and FT on sunday, to ensure his team does not lose ...

9. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Should of laid into them instead of the fans. He can do one tbh.

I saw us play Fulham in the cup, Burnley and city in the league, Sheffield utd, Luton, Brighton, Fulham, everton, West ham and Brentford in the prem... that's 10 games in total. That's the better part of £400.

That doesn't include my membership costs, my girls coming, their memberships, travel costs, programmes etc.

He burnt his bridges with me tbh...like I said, he can do one

10. Citizen Kane.

I totally disagree with fans being ejected for that sort of thing. There were a few videos doing the rounds of fans being thrown out because they were cheering for City and booing whenever Spurs did anything promising.

Whilst I'd have given them a right mouthful had I been near them for being so childish, as long as ppl aren't being offensive or aggressive there is really no justification in ejecting them just because you got upset by what they were saying.

BobbyD and remembercolinlee like this.

11. Citizen Kane.

So you want him sacked ?

12. remembercolinlee

Nope...just right pissed me off.

Were the fans who turn on Sanchez last season at the match v Bournemouth showing a winning mentality and therefore being the right type of supporter?

(Not asking you btw)

Like I said the other night .... the fans applauded the team off after losing 4-1 v Chelsea...didn't hear him complaining of our lack of a winning mentality by applauding a thumping .

We've been excellent fans and it's **** that our manager has a dig at us.

13. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

And yet you are still happy to line the pockets of this clubs biggest root and branch problem of over two decades, Daniel Phillip Levy.

14. The RDBD

Well some of us were happy to "line the pockets" of
    Irving Scholar and Alan Sugar. so ...

(support the club something something
    and not a chairman something something thick and thin)

15. remembercolinlee

No...I choose to go and watch spurs play football. I don't get your point tbh. It comes across at point scoring ... as in people who go to games are the problem.
    That's as baseless as me saying I'm a better fan than you cos I go.

I go cos I love the atmosphere, I love the escapism of it, I love the noise and unpredictability of it, I love the ups and downs, the singing, the nervousness, the explosion of joy, taking my kids, going with mates, chatting to strangers, forgetting about whatever bothers me for a few hours, feeling I belong somewhere and to something (other than my girls and Mrs RCL) and am lucky enough to be able to afford to go.

16. Left on the Shelf

Left on the Shelf Well-Known Member

And rightly so. Although I have a feeling the pervasive feeling around some of the fans 'rather lose than let Arsenal win the PL' leading to a graveyard atmosphere on Tuesday had something to do with it as well. That pissed me off as well tbh. So I can only imagine how the guy who is trying to create a winning mentality in the club thought of it. <doh>

We're meant to be a serious football club and that surely means trying to win every game. I don't think we may be ready for the CL but that's not the point.

Mind you, some of Ange's comments were quite odd! <laugh>

17. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Thing is it’s been quite rich of Ange to be talking about poor mentality and always wanting to win no matter what after he chose to make 10 changes to the XI in the League Cup against Fulham.

18. Citizen Kane.

Objectively, I agreed with every single word Ange said.

But subjectively, it is almost impossible to treat his comments with respect. Where was that righteous fury after the Fulham game? The Newcastle game? The West Ham game etc?

Which is why despite the fact that I agree with him, I think it was as much a projection of guilt as it was justified outrage.

19. remembercolinlee

Got no problem with him saying stuff about those in the club...my beef is the insinuation that the fans are part of a problem when we have fully backed the team since he first arrived.
    Our fans have filled the ground week in week out despite success on the pitch.

20. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

Some fans, including some on here, openly stated that they wanted us to lose in case Arsenal won the League.

That goes against everything I stand for as a Spurs fan and I am not surprised it upset Ange. It isn't the same as choosing a much changed team if he genuinely thought they would win.
    He seemed more sad than angry in the press conference though.

Diego likes this.