1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Damn missed out on another game against City

Roo likes this.
  2. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

If Dele had been wearing a Pool shirt, he would have (at the very least) been let off with a dive and probably awarded a penalty. Mo Salahdive is the biggest diver in the PL, yet never gets booked for it and is usually rewarded with a penalty kick, which is purely down to the shirt he wears.

3. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

They`ll walk past Everton.

KingHotspur and Lovearsenalcock like this.
  4. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it because it was a good football match, I would rather we had won, but it was so much better than the matches v Liverpool, Brighton and Chelsea which were frankly appalling, and we will win more matches playing like that than we will playing like we did at Brighton.

5. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

I was certain City would get Barnsley or Bournemouth in the draw

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  6. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

I hope someone gets Barnsley.

They deserve something out of this

7. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Pass map time, and I think I may have located the problem...

please log in to view this image

I'm trying to work out which looks most bizarre: Bergwijn being on average approximately three yards further up the pitch than Davies, Lucas playing as a CM, or Son playing as the left-sided forward when he was the only player up top

No wonder Winks had such a mare when he came on, none of the positions of any of his teammates make the slightest bit of sense

8. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

This shows Hojbjerg as the metronome a lot of us are seeing him become. Not sure why our solitary pacy CB is positioned so deep. For me the biggest take away from this is how little Doherty contributes to our attack.

humanbeingincroydon likes this.
  9. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Yeah that’s exactly why Winks had a mare...nothing to do with him being ****.

what position got in his way when he fluffed his lines and lost the ball for their winner? Matey took a pop at goal and it went for a throw in...embarrassing stuff or was it a pass to Son but Sonny wasn’t on the wing so it went out of play?

10. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

This signing kills any idea that the current management set-up (Levy included) are going to replace Aurier, Dier, Toby, Sanchez, etc. with hugely better players, whilst there's little money to do so.

If there's no management change, why should the outcome be any different?

11. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

That’ll probably be the last we see of Winks for a while anyway I’d imagine, 3 years too late but it’s a start. He’s barely been making the squad on match days and with the only remaining domestic cup game being a final, it’s hard to see where minutes will come by for him outside of injuries to Ndombele, Hojbjerg and probably Sissoko too. He may get a chance against Wolfsberger in one of the legs but with Europa now getting serious I’d imagine Jose won’t be doing too much rotation in those unless we get a good lead in the first leg.

Social media has really gone in on Winks though these last couple days. Even as his biggest critic I’ve found it surprising just how many Spurs fans are now of the opinion he’s lower Prem/ Championship quality, for many years it was probably 70:30 in favour of him, then 50:50 and I’d now say a huge majority are completely done with him as a player. A Spurs fan has even done a compilation video on Twitter - which even I find is quite pathetic - of Winks’ 30 mins the other night with clown music in the background. That person clearly has too much time on their hands and plus, why would you actually go through the trouble of making a **** comp video of your own player? I don’t watch any highlights of Spurs losses so **** sitting down on the PC and going through that 30 mins again with the aim of cutting it down to a poor highlight reel.

12. humanbeingincroydon

Three guesses which Twitter video you've been watching...

The real question for their winner was where the defence were, as it's not as if he lost the ball on the edge of the area and Bernard blasted it in, as there were several sequences of play between him losing the ball and the goal - just as there were between Dele's misplaced flick and Stoke's goal back in December that the ubermensch was being called out for blaming Dele over

Or, you know, how the hell anyone thinks it's normal to hold Winks responsible in spite our conceding four goals before he came on

13. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

ENIC have hit their ceiling, they don’t have the minerals to do the next stage...it doesn’t change the fact that it is what is required. It’s not as though we have adopted a serious project to unearth talent ala Ajax. We are still behaving like a typical club, buying selling with the odd squad fillers coming through the ranks...but we don’t sign beyond a certain level. Plenty players that would have had us doing much better this season regardless of the manager but we didn’t get them in. We all know who these players are the ones where many of us give Levy a pat on his back for being a stubborn **** and not chasing them hard enough.

Changing managers is the easiest change...doesn’t mean it’s the right one.

Diego and Billy The Spur like this.
  14. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I watched the game.

Diego likes this.
  15. humanbeingincroydon

So did I

Specifically, I remember us going from 1-0 up to 3-1 down due to two utterly horrendous defensive lapses and what will surely be noted as one of the worst penalty calls of this entire season in the space of seven minutes, but for some reason nobody's posted a video of those highlights online with circus music playing behind it...

16. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

What's the odds of Spurs defence keeping a clean sheet at City?

17. humanbeingincroydon

Depends on how well they can build a human pyramid in he goalmouth

18. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Depends. Lincoln City? Not bad. Leicester or Manchester? Not so much.