1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Apr 25, 2017.

1. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

I guess it a stupid question he's a gooner

2. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

The double sub at half time was a bold move but it paid off. Obviously Wanyama was walking on thin ice and Moussa picked up a sprain (hope it's not too bad) which forced Poch's hand but at the same time, he identified that we weren't playing out from the back and were allowing Zaha and Townsend the freedom of Selhurst Park. Bringing on two pacy, attacking players made Allardyce sit up and take notice, and revert to type as Palace dropped deep and went ultra-defensive. From that point on, it was literally a matter of breaking the deadlock which Eriksen did superbly.

Ironically, Sissoko was by far the more effective sub. Won some important midfield contests and got us something like 6 corners towards the end of the game. Son, by contrast, had one of his 'sticky legs' games and had me swearing profusely at the screen on more than one occasion.

Eriksen MOTM by a country mile, although I was impressed by the calmness of Dier's display. Stayed on his feet, didn't make any stupid tackles, didn't get sucked out of position and played some excellent passes.

Walker was doing his best impression of a right back we had in 2013 who I could've sworn had left the club. Kane was disappointing - seemed to be trying too hard and over-complicating everything. Alli was pretty quiet but had them on the back foot every time he had the ball. Walker picking up a yellow meant that Zaha stuck to the left flank and Davies was able to get more involved in attacking play.

Wins like this restore so much confidence and another on Sunday - irrespective of the Chelsea score - would make my decade. 20 years worth of wumming is due to the goons and I will thoroughly enjoy the last few weeks of the season on a rampage.

To dare is to do.

3. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

He's a dullard. Even without The Gooner leaning, he adds little to the commentary and has a boring voice and grating accent. However, he is better than Michael Owen and Steve McManamanamanaman.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  4. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

We fought hard and finally earned our space to play.
    We battled for the whole match.
    We refused to let our heads drop and we found a way to win.
    Very impressed with the fighting side of our team tonight.
    74 points with 5 games left...something I never thought I see my spurs do

COYS

5. God I hate Allardyce!! Such a Twat!!

6. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Yep. Moan moan moan. Sounds like the Palace fans have adopted his neanderthal approach to almost everything too judging by all the booing. Can't stand the man.

7. paultheplug

paultheplug Well-Known Member

Yes

8. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

**** your Narrative!

9. remembercolinlee

Oh ...cough Sissoko did well cough

I'm off for a lie down

10. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017

11. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

He's a handful, a good ball winner, and can can create problems off the dribble. What he can't do is play one touch football. His first touch and vision are both poor.
    Spurs played well in the second half except for the finishing. Eriksen and Kane had a number of good ideas, but Dele and Son kept squandering them. Dele tried to do much on his own, and Son had one of those games.

One thing Spurs did as well as I've ever seen them do was see out a game. Palace did not really have a sniff, and only very occasionally the ball, after Eriksen scored. The players mixed trying to add a second goal, winning corners and keeping the ball very intelligently, and never made the mistake of allowing time and space to Palace.

12. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the clubs will,one day,put old westerns on the screen during boring matches. We used to cheer the goodies and boo the baddies at Saturday morning cinema...........

13. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

IMG_4603[1].PNG

Guess who had another cracking view of the goal (and celebrations)! The photo was actually taken by my Cousin next to me, I was too busy celebrating like a lunatic <laugh>. I'm starting to like Selhurst, last year in line with Alli's belter and this season in line with Eriksen's.

Thought the first half was really poor, there was an air of nothingness too it, you'd have been mistaken for thinking both us and Palace were just mid-table sides who had nothing to play for.

The subs at half time changed things up and credit where it's due, Sissoko (especially after we scored) played his part in working hard down the channel and ensuring the ball stayed in Palace's half.

Was loving the Toby-Jan chant, it got sung a bit in The Torch pub at Wembley on Saturday but didn't seem to kick off in the stadium, last night was a different story as it was rocking with it.

John Terry's Mum chant also had me cracking up:
    "John Terry, your Mum's a brass. Giver her a quid and she'll lick your arse!"

What a night, suffering this morning though but it was well worth it.

COYS!

14. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Spurs away support always impresses me.
    So loud on my stream yesterday in the 2nd half when still 0-0 and trying to lift the boys.

15. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Nice one Dier..i envy you mate..****in cracker <ok>

Dier Hard likes this.
  16. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

I agree with you, the support is tremendous and has been for many seasons.

However, it didn't surprise me to hear the sad story of the Spurs fan who was beaten up because the yob who attacked him thought he was Chelsea. At Wembley, there were several minor scuffles, all as far as I could see, initiated by our so called fans. All clearly under the influence of alcohol.

In the family and supposed "safe" atmosphere of the Fanzone, there was a punch up between two of our own.

We are rightly proud of our travelling support, but we still carry a minority who screw it all up.

The demise of the 1882 bunch, is mainly down to the fact they couldn't control their language. The club discontinued its support for the theme because it was generating more complaints than support.

17. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Klopp has said that Sakho's injury didn't involve any ligament damage and he should only be out for a few weeks.
    That's basically his season over then, but no long-term problems, thankfully. Never nice to see a player get hurt.

remembercolinlee and O.Spurcat like this.
  18. Tilly'sowner

Tilly'sowner Well-Known Member

<Cough>...Wilshere :emoticon-0136-giggl

19. remembercolinlee

Not for me...hit in the balls...definitely but not a serious injury.

O.Spurcat likes this.
  20. But where do you draw the line? A kick up the arse could cause that individual brain damage!!! <laugh>