1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Cardiff City...Fug Me, Wembley Here We Come!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Oct 3, 2018.

1. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

no less an offence, though the punishment , rightly or wrongly, would more than likely have been reduced.

I believe that any cynical foul to prevent progress should be punishable with red. Its the only way to cut it out. Too often we see someone booked, 'taking one for the team'. Maybe the team would think differently if they had to take one for the sent off player.

Deliberately bringing a player down that is getting away, diving, etc, is cheating and should be punished accordingly.

suprimir likes this.
  2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agree totally, but to suggest a sly little trip on Moura instead of the lunge would have resulted in a yellow instead of a red is probably correct but is therefore also wrong.

Level playing fields we have not (yoda <laugh>) - as I said it would have taken a braver man than Mike Dean to send off a top 6 club player for that Rall's challenge if the situation had been reversed.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

He wasn't the last man and it was too wide and far out.

Tottenham induced red for the cynic foul which looked a lot more dangerous than it was.

Contrary to my view during the game from listening to radio and tv commentators a red was just about right.

4. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

I think we can agree that red was the right colour, it's sad that so many top 6 players seem to get away with it though.

I'd also like to see a red card for those who dive to trick the ref.

5. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Ralls let us down big time, he is not good enough, and looked hopelessly out of his class! Made Gabor Gyepes look an angel...taking one for the team...what tosh! :emoticon-0103-cool:

6. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

The other talking point on MOD was the sluggish effort by Hoilett to bundle the ball into the net. The pundits spot on there.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Hoilett, Alderweireld and most importantly the ball should have all ended up in the back of the net - very tame effort from Hoilett.

8. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

9. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

I have to say after seeing the action that Ralls is not the brightest sandwich in the picnic basket. He pretty much cost us a result....did a Bogle on us! For fug sake he was miles away from the goal, and on the touchline! It was a super piece of skill to entice the foul, but people play to watch football...not an dull counteraction to skill! :emoticon-0103-cool:

10. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

I've can see WHY Ralls was given a red, however, when you take into account the fact it wasn't really dangerous OR a goalscoring opportunity and he blatantly wasn't last man then it should probably have been a yellow.

If having no intention to play the ball is now a red card offence then Alderweireld (excuse spelling) should also have been sent off later on for the blatant body check on Murphy when about to be left for dead by him.
    Equally as cynical.... however, as has been said, top 6 team, against "dirty, industrial, out of place, don't belong here" Cardiff means that it'd never happen!

The utter dross now being spouted by pundits and plastic armchair keyboard warrior fans of the "elite" about us is laughable.
    Look at the fair play stats and you'll see the truth.
    I believe even "nice" Arsenal totted up more fouls against us than we committed against them!

I bet if we had some suave Italian or Spanish manager we wouldn't now be carrying this label just because of 2 or 3 poor challenges in the last 2 seasons!

11. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Even if as unlikely as it would be if an appeal was allowed, it should give NW an excuse to drop Ralls which should have happened before the Spurs game. He’s been anonymous and a real disappointment this season; he’s been found out.

It’ll either be a like for like swap for Damour or a different make up with Gunnarsson.

suprimir likes this.