1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Cardiff City...Fug Me, Wembley Here We Come!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Oct 3, 2018.

1. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Ward on as sub. Off injured 5 minutes later. Reid on.

Arter playing well but no luck for us. 5 mins added time.

2. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

So proud of the team, I know they lost but 1-0 to a Spurs side and playing with 10 men for over half and hour.

Well done I say.

3. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Clear red for me. A cynical tackle when all he had to do was step into him for a yellow.

Only good thing about it is he now is suspended; he is just not good enough at this level. Gunnarsson to come in unless he is injured in training.

Again Morrison unlucky but should have scored. Again.

Arter foolishly got booked late on so only one card from a suspension.

Hoilett again poor. Good effort from the players but patently not able to compete at this level.

Didn’t expect anything from this game but in another day could have got something especially as Spurs were average.

4. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Hope that’s your arm BFB pal! Note that you are quite cruel to BT, if indeed he exists...can’t be sure, at 52 I’m easily fooled! :emoticon-0103-cool:

5. BluefromBridgend

Agreed Dai.

I think they gave it a good go and the Ralls red sounds worthy of appeal.

However the inability to score remains the main issue. The lack of a real striker continues to haunt us. I wouldn't be showing Colin the door yet even though we are now bottom.

6. BluefromBridgend

BT enjoys it. He likes the limelight. I don't. Or is it the other way around? Schizophrenia rules. <ok>

7. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

I missed the first half so no idea on how we did then. 2nd half we competed well enough, much better defensively. I think Manga has been pretty awesome the last few outings. I knew Ralls was off as Mike Dean was officiating. The validity of the card could be questioned, but when things ain't going for you, you knew he was gonna walk. Gutted for Ward, if it's a calf muscle could be out for a little while. So 8 games in we've played Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Citeh & Spurs. We knew we weren't getting much out of those games. So, Fulham and then... awe FFS, Liverpool.
    C'mon Bluebirds, we'll be okay...

whiffletree and BluefromBridgend like this.
  8. ninian opinion

Forget it. It was a clear red card. Ralls was a distance from the player and just scythed him down. If it’s a 3 match ban we’ll justified for a crass and incompetent challenge. At least NW won’t have to pick him as he’s been average all season.

As for a striker. Well not sure having even Aguero would have made any difference today.

9. BluefromBridgend

Only going by what the pundits said on BBC 5 Live and Final Score on tv.

From last season's performances for us will Gunnar be any better? However we have no other options unless we give a youngster a go. Or playing Bamba as defensive midfield. <doh>

Strikers also make a difference by pulling defenders out of position, giving opportunities for others. Aguero doesn't just score goals.

I agree we are very limited in that area and playing Paterson as a main striker smacks of desperation.

10. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

I thought we played well today and could have nicked a point. If only we had invested in a decent goal scorer.

11. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

Still think Ken is our best option. I know he hasn't exactly been pulling up trees but NW hasn't really given him much of a chance. He's obviously a confidence player so NW should give him a run of games up until Xmas.

suprimir likes this.
  12. ninian opinion

He started him then dropped him then started him then dropped him! He had his chance to prove himself v Burnley and but for one decent effort he was ineffective plus was plainly knackered by the hour mark.

With Ward injured he may have no choice to play him instead of Madine.

Did Kadeem Harris touch the ball?

13. whiffletree

That's what I'm saying though Nin. Playing him for one game then dropping him every time is ****ing the guy up. He needs an arm put around him and a 'your my main man, you,ve got half a dozen games to show me what you can do' sort of message from Warnock. If he don't come good then January isn't t far away.

14. whiffletree

Oh and Ralls definitely should have gone. He was lucky not to be sent off against Man C. Tbh.

suprimir likes this.
  15. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

I keep hearing that NW was fuming with Harry Kane trying to influence the ref...but in truth he protests about every decision that goes against us, and City players always try to influence the referee in the same way. Ralls deserved to get sent off and players do this all the time! Stop fugging whining and trying to distract us away from the stark reality! :emoticon-0103-cool:

16. ninian opinion

Wouldn’t it be good to see KZ playing like he did 2 seasons ago running at pace and unleashing left foot thunderbolts.

Or like those amazing strikes v Fulham and Burton last season or that turn and run to play in Ralls v Sunderland?

Problem is there isn’t any room on the ball or no space for him this season. Just aimless balls lumped up when he is probable the worst header of a ball I’ve seen of a centre forward.

So maybe it’s more than an arm around the shoulder but some decent coaching put to right in training sessions?

We know he has the ability so that’s what is so frustrating

17. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

Ralls has to have a bit of a look at himself. Should have been sent off against Burnley, the horrible challenge against Man City, and then yesterdays cynical foul. Hardly helping the team. Overall, a good defensive performance. Gives us something to build on.

18. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agree Ralls needs to calm down - looks like he's trying too hard, but at least he's having a go (that's not an excuse BTW :emoticon-0105-wink:)

However, only listened to the game and hadn't seen it before this morning, but Rall's challenge was not dangerous - cynical and OTT yes, but not dangerous. No high boot, no studs showing, not off the ground two footed, no swinging elbows nor any "afters" because of any previous. In fact he virtually tackled Moura high up with his own thigh - a clumsy lunge in a desperate attempt to stop the guy.

Thoroughly deserved a booking but I'll bet you any money that if it had been the other way around, a Spurs player would have got a yellow.

You can't blame Kane for reacting, it happens all the time in incidents like that, but Warnock was right that the clamour of the Spurs players changed the colour of Mike Dean's card from yellow to red. His Man City tackle on Gundogan was much worse and he could easily have walked for that.

19. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

any time you take a player out deliberately that far from the ball you deserve red. Not sure what he was thinking. If he'd cut behind the player and clipped his ankles you'd have said clumsy, but the fact that he had a look then scythed him down...…….

Take your point about if it had been a spurs player though sparkey.

Gives colin a chance to do something different in the middle. In some ways I hope Gunnar isn't fit.

I'd like to see Arter and Camarasa in front of the back 4 with murphy reid and hoilett behind zohore or ward. Arter brings bite in the midfield and Camarasa some vision to use the 4 in front of him.

I know I'm asking for changes, but ironically, one of my concerns with selection is that Warnock is becoming a bit of a tinkerman. Reminds me of the Solskear days. Chuck 11 on the pitch and hope for the best. Next game, mix things up and try again. I know he wanted a better striker, but he has what he has and needs to build a plan, not keep chopping and changing. Still think colin is as good as any to dig us out of a hole, but it must be hard for players when the formation and personnel changes game after game.

suprimir likes this.
  20. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agree Ralls was clumsy and did far more than he needed to to stop the player, but if he had just clipped Moura's ankles and brought him down, would that be any less of an offence?

He would still have prevented a goal scoring opportunity (was Ralls the last man?) so either offence despite the uproar should carry the same penalty. Yellow or red? - it's up to the ref on the day.