1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Apr 12, 2017.

1. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Saturday 15th April 12.30pm
    Premier League
    White Hart Lane​

A potentially tricky tie against Watford swiftly shifted from a slog to a slaughter.
    They put up stern resistance and looked quite dangerous on the break, until our first goal.
    A quick collapse before half-time, then a disinterested second half and an easy win.
    Bournemouth have shocked a few of the bigger sides this season, so we need to stay sharp for this one.

Eddie Howe's team are something of an enigma and their results are unpredictable.
    The South Coast side seem to go from the sublime to the ridiculous, often within a few days.
    This has left them just above the drop zone and they're still heavily involved in the relegation battle.
    Their comeback victory over Liverpool, plus draws at Anfield, Old Trafford and at home to Arsenal show their threat.
    This is one that we need to treat very professionally.

Our visit to the Vitality Stadium is another example of their ability to take points from the better teams.
    Another lunch-time kick-off saw us put in an unusually mediocre performance against a battling home side.
    We dominated possession and chances, but lacked discipline and were constantly punished by Craig Pawson.
    The first half ended goalless, but with four of our players in the book.
    Kane and Alderweireld were absent and it showed.

Harry Redknapp was in attendance for a similarly frustrating 2nd half, visiting his local club.
    Both sides seemed to run out of steam a little, as the fouls piled up and the chances didn't.
    It was a typical early game that became a non-event, petering out into a goalless draw.
    Neither side particularly happy with that, but we missed the chance to go top of the league.

The game at the Lane last season was completely different, exploding into life right from the start.
    Harry Kane put home Kyle Walker's cross in the first minute and we never looked back after that.
    Alli fed our top scorer again 15 minutes later and the game looked to be over very quickly.
    Eriksen scored a third from another Kane shot, as Boruc could only parry, a short time after the break.
    The scoreline reflected the performance, as Bournemouth failed to register a shot on target.

Neither side has any suspensions for this one, but both have a few injuries.
    Rose, Winks and Lamela all miss out for us, while Vorm and Wanyama should return.
    Surman, Federici and Wilson miss out for them, while Gosling and Stanislas face late tests.

Lineups for each side's last league game:

Spurs: Lloris; Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Dier, Dembele; Eriksen, Alli, Son; Janssen.
    Subs: Lopez, Walker, Wimmer, Onomah, Sissoko, N'Koudou, Kane.
    League form: WWWWWW.

Bournemouth: Boruc; Smith, Francis, S. Cook, Daniels; Fraser, Arter, Wilshere, Pugh; Afobe, King.
    Subs: Allsop, Smith, Cargill, Gradel, L. Cook, Ibe, Mousset.
    League form: DWWDDL.

Referee: Michael "Let It Flow" Oliver.

TV: Sky Sports 1.

Should we stick with the system and personnel that started against Watford and won so convincingly?
    Should Kane be thrown straight back into the mix or would another substitute appearance be better?
    Did Trippier do enough to keep Walker out of the side?

2. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

These match thread are excellent...always look forward to them and the video's are great viewing.

3. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

Kane to start and if Trippier starts, I will explode.

4. Must win game - if only that even if not mathematically, I reckon it will psychologically kill the Goons!!<laugh>
    As stated, Bournemouth are unpredictable, but hopefully a weeks rest, a home game and Dele's birthday celebrations having worn off!
    COYS!!

5. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

They have the capability to deny us a win.
    As always, I suspect we will have to score first ASAP to try and draw
    them into being more open in order to get something from the game.

A win is required, but another chance to put some pressure on Chelsky
    again (more so as they play Man Utd after us - Jose will be in spoiling mood) .

6. Not as amusing as the Arsenal ones!! <laugh> :emoticon-0148-yes:

7. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Sometimes I might put in a question or two just to get that reaction! <laugh>

8. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

I do love them.
    For anyone who doesn't know, RCL's been doing the Goons' match threads recently.
    Not only are they brilliant, but the results have been great, too! <laugh>

9. Working his magic brilliantly!! <laugh>

10. Was there a Double-Dele-Nutmeg in the way game?? :emoticon-0169-dance

11. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

You're early with this PNP.
    No Paul Stewart (unless he's moved to the south coast to sign on)

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  12. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Yes. Lamela hit the corner of post and bar. It's in the video! <grr>
    Have a gif of it, too:

remembercolinlee likes this.
  13. I know it's in the bloody video!!! <grr> Just wasn't sure that both were nutmegs!!! <laugh>

14. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

This is possibly the hardest team selection of the season so far for Poch. with Kane & Wanyama available to join a team in brilliant form, and with 2 formations working well.

With one eye on the semi final I wonder if we will revert to the 3 this week with Victor back and Dier dropping back, & Jansen dropping to the bench, leaving 1 very difficult decision Kane or Son? I think Harry may have to start from the bench again. And Walker starts for sure!

15. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I think the two boys will be second half subs, on the hour mark. We will start with the same team v Watford and Kane and the Kenyan kollosal to start in the semi final, hungry and determined to claim back their starting places.

Why was Walker not playing anyway?

16. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Why? I thought Trippier had a supurb game against Watford. I though his crossing was brilliant. Personally I think Trippier is the answer to unlocking defences from teams who park the bus.
    I know Kyle is also brilliant, it would nice to find room for both of them.

17. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Trippier was MOTM against Watford. If he starts again I have 0 problems with it. Might be a good idea to save Walker for Chelsea and the NLD match and give Tripps Bournemouth and Palace. I'd also rather keep Kane on the bench for this one too, don't want him being rushed back, Son/ Alli/ Eriksen have more than coped in his absence.

Hugo
    Dier, Toby, Jan
    Tripps, Wanyama, Dembele, Davies
    Alli, Eriksen
    Son

Vorm, Walker, Kev, Onomah, GKN, Janssen, Kane

18. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Save Kane/Walker/Wanyama for Chelsky (who will be having fun with
    Jose and Man Utd at the weekend) , if possible. The starting XI of the past
    two games are already running well / in high spirits after the past two games.

19. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

The Palace game will require seeing off Zaha and Andros. I'd definitely have Kyle Walker back in for that one. The same for The Gooners, Spammers, United and pretty much all the others. Even Hull has that Polish winger on their left who looks very dangerous.

Against Bournemouth I'm very happy for Kyle to rest if it's deemed helpful but after that game he the play the rest of the season.

20. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Based on previous, I think we'll see Kane start this one. Although a risk, we need him on top form for Chelsea and that ain't happening unless he gets 90 minutes under his belt. He tends to return from injuries quickly but sluggishly, if that makes sense.

I agree that Trippier is a good bet against parked buses but B'mouth aren't like that. If anyone is rested, to my mind it should be Dembele. He will be absolutely crucial against the chavs and has a history of picking up knocks and sprains precisely when we don't want him to. I would also like to see Son in the starting line-up as he is pretty much undroppable at the minute.

For me:

Lloris
    Walker Toby Jan Davies
    Wanyama Dier
    Eriksen Alli Son
    Kane

Roo and The Changing Man like this.