1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tony Watt

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by DickPlumb, Jan 1, 2017.

1. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

2. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Massive IF can't see it happening but if he changed his ways ...pigs might fly...and taxis ! He would be unblievable at this level.
    Even if he did he will be off in the summer but a focused Watt would be a joy to watch .
    The few decent games he had for cafc he was exciting great to watch .
    An inform interested Watt or Ajose...no contest is it.
    A poor mans George Best .Could be playing in the highland league by the time he's 25 .

3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

He'll win is points no matter what. Having Magennis as the foil then they could(!) end up being the best pairing in the league.

4. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

I've always been a fan of Tony Watt, as he does have a lot of natural talent and has proved it for us on some occasions. He had the ability to be our best striker since Kermo.

What has not done his justic, as this is another of my criticism of the Duchâtelet regime is this constant hiring of twelfth rate (not even second or third) coaches, who played five aside or have terrible understanding of the game! Simply put they don't know how to get the best out of him and he's probably getting frustrated.

What he needs is a strong manager who'll put him in his place, someone who mentor and he can look up to. Carol Fraeye, Jose Rigà, and whom else, were just nobodies who'd do more damage to him than good (which is even more apparent than now).

Did he misbehave or have poor attitude at Cardiff or Blackburn?

5. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

It's clear that I rate watt - but for someone as talented as him, he does need a proper manager to keep him motivated. Guys like Karel Fraeye just hold him back.

Let's hope KR takes him on the lash (he did mention he wanted to make him sick) and they can iron things out.

6. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

After his first few games for us he was being talked about as POTY, despite joining us late in the season. So where did it all go wrong? I couldn't tell in his later games whether it was his attitude or fitness, but his body language was saying "F*** this for a game of marbles". If he doesn't buckle down this time his career could be over before it's started. He didn't used to take too kindly to being on the bench, but Robinson should put him there to find out if his attitude has changed.

7. Holden Chinaski

Poor managers and coaches. That's it, pure and simple, which again is another major flaw of the Duchâtelet Princple.

8. FormerlyOzAddick

FormerlyOzAddick Active Member

I like it, pulled no punches in his words, no doubt highly edited but good to hear all the same.

9. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

I listened to KR's training for about 15 minutes this morning... I confess that I was not impressed with KR when he came in but the training looked very good and KR was running it himself focussing on tactics... from what I heard we are expecting Brizzy R to play a diamond in midfield so he was training tactics to counter this and attack with speed.

KR is obviously a manager who likes to run things as he wants... this may not go down well with Mr President.

10. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

He's a good manager, but one that seems to wear his heart on his sleeve. When it works all is well, when it doesn't, his soundbites can seem a bit silly.

DickPlumb, DonCorleone and The Kish like this.

11. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

So far so good with KR. We are a mess and there are no quick fixes, but if he can get us back on track it would be great for us and him.
    As for Watt, like everyone, I'd love him to stay and show what he's got. He is clearly quality, but manager after manager have failed to keep him from going AWOL. If KR can do this, he will have a real gem on his hands. But it will require a job, and KR has enough to do fashioning a squad, without having a problem child to look after.

12. Holden Chinaski

Will Watt go down (in Roland's mind) as a signing we got with the £10 million Lookman money?

I.e: I gave you permission to play him so you don't mind if I pocket personally £9.5million now?

13. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Watt is sh1t.

He lacks pace and is short - his trademark is the "selfish dribble" in which he takes on and tries to beat the entire opposition team while refusing to pass to a team mate in front of an open goal.

Look at his goal rate at each of his 8 clubs to date - very mediocre

As for Robinson's warm words about him - why should he be different to all of the other managers who have tried and failed.

The lad is a Jocko ragamuffin. - a street footballer with a brain the size of a frozen pea. It is a sign of our desperation and how crap Novak and Ajose are that we should even consider playing him again.

How long til the Whining Celt is "homesick" again :emoticon-0167-beer:

14. User deleted as requested

In Duchatelet's mind - I refuse to call the vermin by his pet name - his two ideal new players for Charlton in January are Watt and Ceballos.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  15. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

I bet he still starts off as fans' favourite.
    Roland will be hoping he knocks in a goal or two, then he can fob Robinson off when he asks for a new striker. Whatever happens to start I just can't see this working out in the long term. If he was still the same player he was at the start for us Hearts wouldn't be sending him back. There's something not right.

16. deleted.....

Oh, btw........ the squad that KR had training tactics this morning had Chris Solly playing at right back <ok>

ForestHillBilly and The Kish like this.
  17. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

He's over 6ft

18. User deleted as requested

I remember the manager of Standard Liege at that time saying that Watt was basically unmanageable and a bad influence. It's only ok to be a gobsh1te once you have HAD a decent career...

19. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

20. deleted.....

Watt