1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Told off in the West stand

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by johnbo, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Thing is every club has a West stand. There's only ever really one loud section and we're the same as everyone else in that respect. The problem is that our East stand in the last year or two have got quieter.

I maintain there's reasons for it though; a lack of excitement, numbers, goals and frustration at home games. The place will be rocking again if we take the opportunity to make Cardiff a party atmosphere.

Yes, there has been a lack of things to get excited about and cheer this season, hasn't there? The highest we have ever been at this time of the season. Why do we have so many fans who demand to be entertained and see some goals before they can bring their pompous selves to open their mouths? Real fans create an atmosphere to encourage the team to score, not demand the team score before they deign to create an atmosphere.

2. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

You might be sat near me then as there are four of them sat behind me and i think they take their lasses, all i know is they still blame Ian Ashbee and he doesn't play for us anymore.

3. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

If City do go up the Kirkella and Anlaby set will return, only attend the big clubs games and give it large...Can't wait!!! Still you pays your money and all that..

4. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

We can't fill the ground with the "Old faithful" and "proper fans" so does it really matter who turns up and pays their money, as long as the KC is a sellout more often, I can't see that anything other than a good thing. Plus a few might stick with us. No need to get all "you weren't here when we were ****e" on people. Rejoice more people go. Except the cocks buying home tickets to see the Liverpools, Man Utds etc, they can frigging do one.

5. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Dont forget the Ferriby lot, they're the worst!!

6. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

Too true.

****ers, the lot of 'em.

7. Carmine Galante.

Now I'm not saying my ten year old son knows everything about football but his Dad does.:eek:

If Galante Jnr shouts something stupid or makes a daft comment I do the right thing and put him right.

What I mean is if he criticises a player for no reason.

For the Boro game I was surrounded by kids slagging Koren off for things that weren't even his fault for the full game.
    The numpton parents were even more clueless and joined in.

I also got wound up with the child behind me who must have said, " Look at the size of him, he's massive" every five minutes.

That is no exaggeration either. The way he was going on you'd think the giant from Jack and the Beanstalk was plodding up and down the pitch, not Sami Ameobi.

I'm a miserable old twat but I don't like being surrounded by people who just constantly moan about our players and my experience(s) of the South Stand are that it happens a lot in there.

Saying that all parts of the ground have moaning bastards so this post, in short, is a load of bollocks.

Totally pointless.

8. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

<laugh> how did you hear me from the east stand

9. Chazz Rheinhold

Your daughter has turned into your son there Carmine, worrying.

To be honest i dislike kids intensely. Would never go in the South Stand. I hate seeing them in pubs, ooo were having a meal, so what theyre still ****ing running about irritating the **** out of me.
    My own kids are just about bearable, I only come on here so much just to ignore them.

10. Carmine Galante.

My son comes to every game with me, my daughter has only been to one and that will hopefully be the end of her interest. Hope that clarifies that one for you.

I feel the same about kids though.

Most of them are pricks.

11. Chazz Rheinhold

No worries, just with the haircut on my lad its difficult to tell sometimes. Annoyingly flicking his ****ing head about. Threatened to drag him to Dave's but oh no that'd be akin to child abuse to her indoors.

12. Willson

Willson Well-Known Member

This is the main problem for me, can't stand having someone sat near me that cheers when the other team scores especially when it is the corporate pricks in the west stand. If you want to support a team sit in the right place.

13. Carmine Galante.

My lad's got one of those shaved high and tight at the sides but long on the top monstrosities.

Nothing The Rave couldn't sort out in 60 seconds flat mind.

14. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

I think OLM might take exception to being called a corporate prick...

I agree with the some one cheering for the other team, its the one time I yearn for the old days when we coulda beaten the **** out of them, handed them over to the stewards and let them beat the **** out of them again.

15. TygerTyger

TygerTyger Well-Known Member

I think you'll find you were being warned about running at your age. I can't believe anyone could seriously object to you kicking the **** out of Pardew.

16. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

Don't tar everyone with the same brush, there's plenty of loud mouth, big game only twats from all over Hull. Don't just single out those that have nice houses!

17. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Twattish post.

18. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The West Stand fans are more pissed off than anyone else about the club selling corporate seats to away fans, take it up with the club.

19. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I sit in the South Stand and I am surrounded by some kids, but honestly, it's the adults that are worse. The South Stand gets a lot of stick for not singing, to the point where the East Stand started singing "South Stand, give us a song" and giving out abuse because nobody was singing. Then, as if they read my thoughts, a group at the back responded with "East Stand, watch the game...", which generated a few laughs and shut up the moaners to our right. I never really expect much noise from the West Stand, you do hear some singing and noise in the lower corners, but the middle bit are mostly corporate so I guess they are less inclined to sing.

Singing is nice, but atmosphere is generated by the team doing well and despite being second these last few months, we've hardly set the world alight (Birmingham and maybe Blackburn aside) so I'm not surprised nobody can be arsed to sing. I don't usually bother with singing, I fully support the Tigers, I just can't be arsed to sing, plain and simple. I prefer to just watch and analyze the game and go mad when we score.

20. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

I'm very similar. I tend to shout more than sing.

The kid infront of me looks round in bemusement at everything i say.

I can be very eager to shout and swear at everything i dislike on the match, from the opposition to the ball boys. I'm surprised the kid's dad hasn't complained yet.