1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Today's crunch meeting

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by londontiger, Jul 23, 2015.

1. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

please SB, RETIRE.

2. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

Assem turns on his haunches as he realises Steve is consuming the biscuits that he had intended to put away a good fifteen minutes before the meeting had started. Their eyes meet across the boardroom and Steve, mid crunch, senses through years of experience that food is about to be withdrawn from the table and spins in Assem’s black leather swivel chair to defend his hoard. Assem leaps to the corner of his desk intent on retrieving his baked treats and is intercepted by Alex, armed with the experience of many a family Christmas dinner who pole-axes him to the floor, wrapping his Hull City AFC tie around his bulbous neck in one swift motion. Ehab sees his father is in danger and lunges for one of the green plastic garden chairs that had been set out (the leather chairs had been previously ‘e-bayed’ during a period of austerity) and smashes it around the back of Alex’s head who releases his grip, allowing the old man to breathe once more. He turns his gaze towards Steve, unaware that Alex is only temporarily disabled by the weak blow from a sun ravaged third-hand garden chair. Steve is wise, he’s been in this game for some time, he’s already crumbled some store-brand Hob Nobs into tiny oaty shards and before Ehab has completed his swing his eyes are on fire and he’s disorientated, angry, and he’s swinging at anything within range. The water dispenser’s down, the tea lady’s down and before anyone has time to react, the sonic gold Hull City AFC curtains are on fire. Alex kicks Assem one last time in the ribs and Steve jimmies the bottom draw of Assem’s 12th century Moorish desk, securing 34 million pounds for transfer fees. The Bruces withdraw to the laminate double doors and turn to witness the devastation that they themselves brought upon their esteemed employers.

“Wor don’t wont neer moor trubble” says Steve as Alex spits on the rubble covered floor. “Wor might find worselves back in the Premier League. We’ll dust worselves doon and make a fist of it.”

Alex makes a fist and shakes it in Assem’s direction and they leave. Steve winks at the flustered secretary who's wearing a pretty amber dress. He feels prepared for the challenges that surely await.

Good meeting all in all. I'm optimistic.

3. Premier_Bound_Tiger

Premier_Bound_Tiger Well-Known Member

What day are we going to Austia? I thought we'd be travelling tomorrow, but obviously not if Bruce is having talks over the weekend

4. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

And I previously thought things had got a bit out of hand when Barmby (allegedly) got Ehab by the throat.

PattyNchips2 and Des Head like this.
  5. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

A promotion. Good job it was Alex & not yourself doing the finger biting - you'd have been demoted to tea-bag.

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I was only joking, I know exactly what Park Royal is like, my business was based in Alperton for about fifteen years. I also know about decent curries, I had a flat in Wembley for a while, though fortunately I only actually had to stay there one or two nights a week.

I've lived all over London, Crouch End, Fisbury Park, Woodgreen, Tooting and Clapham, the first and last places being the best.

7. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

My half-sister has a place in Finsbury Park that I stayed at when I was over in 13/14, very enjoyable location.

8. TurkeyTeeth™

TurkeyTeeth™ Well-Known Member

Get to **** <laugh>

9. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Finsbury Park has got much nicer now, when I lived there in the early 80's it was rougher, there were several small hotels on the road I was living on that rented rooms by the hour.

10. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Haha fair enough, yeah quite a nice place now.

11. Trau Morgus

Trau Morgus Well-Known Member

12. atigerfan

atigerfan Active Member

It's nicknamed Couch End now due to all the amount of social workers that live in the area.

13. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

14. Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR

Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR Well-Known Member

Compared to my 4 years living in London( 1 as a student and 3 working) you were pretty settled! I lived in Tufnell Park, Finsbury Park, Holloway, Muswell Hill, Chingford, Walthamstow, Tooting, Balham, Hampstead, Regent Square, Leytonstone, Barnet and Purley.

15. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

That's quite a list, I used to spend quite a bit of time in Muswell Hill, always quite liked it there, Regent Square is rather impressive.

16. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I stopped off for lunch there about a year back, it's changed a fair bit, there's a lot of expensive candle and organic food type places now.

17. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I ****ing hate London. It's ****.

18. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

19. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

Does that mean he is like a ship without a rudder, or does it mean he is not selling up?

20. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

Did the people you owed money ever catch up with you?