1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

To ban or not to ban?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by luvgonzo, Apr 2, 2013.

?

Should there be a ban amnesty

1. No keep the ****ers out

2. Yes I want to the wums back

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Soz misunderstood your post.

2. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

If this debate is to change anything then it should be this imo.

I've posted on forums where abuse had zero tolerance & posters were given short bans for breaking this pivotal rule & permanent bans if they continued to ignore it. It takes mega enforcement by the mods, but if followed through & with EVERYONE treated in the same manner (that's vital) then it leads to a great site.

3. saintKlopp

Of course I do, but a generalised comment ( including the word "many") has the effect of including more people than its specific targets whom I suspect are a distinct minority.
    Also, your comment was made in support of sweat's post above it which was just plain wrong. Billy has already explained why so I won't go over it all- suffice it to say that a suggestion that NOF was on some heroic anti-racist crusade against those nasty Scousers is frankly laughable.

4. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

I am generalising and if you don't like it **** off my board <laugh>

Seriously though Tobes your missing the point. This isn't about banning people with differing opinions. For example during the summer the board was swammped with Swansea fans....constant debate, a fair amount of wumming and a fair few unpalatable things said from both sides. A couple were banned for being ridiculously abusive/ ridiculously annoying but the vast majority remained.

Of all the boards around ours is one of the most active, one of the most visited and one of the most WUM'd. Of course the mud starts getting slung from our side a lot of the time but what do you expect. If I went on another teams board I'd expect the same so I'd act appropriately. If I was there to WUM I'd take any abuse on the chin and not cry like a NOF sized baby...if I was there to discuss football I'd ignore the "mud" and engage with those willing to talk footy. Simple really.

5. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

As long as zero tolerance includes no sweaty ****ing blues I'll go with that <laugh>

6. KingEric07.

KingEric07. cape wearing twat

I didn't want to really name posters as I didn't feel it served a purpose other than to cause trouble so I left specifics out. For the main I get on with the majority on here and simply tend to avoid the ones where I don't particularly get on with them. Naming names would result in a slanging match which wouldn't have been productive for this thread, sorry if I was too general though.

The support of Sweats was more in regard to the specifics around his own ban <ok>

7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

haha, you'd be given a bath for that mate - 1 strike.

8. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

I would love for you to be banned...

9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I'd feel safer in my bed if you were sectioned, but we don't always get what we want <ok>

10. All bans have to go through BRB (supermod).

The LFC mods will discuss things first before requesting a ban.

A ban can be permanent or of a varying length of time. From my three months experience, we don't tend to use the latter option but perhaps we should <ok>

And yes, it is a thankless task!

11. saintKlopp

I can understand you not wanting a slanging match-they're pointless and I try to avoid them myself.
    NOF was being a nuisance on the Powar thread before the "Murderers" jibe. It wasn't deserving of a ban, imo, but it had completely taken over the thread. He made no attempt to move the debate on and just kept reiterating the same argument.
    Perhaps we should have a sin-bin for people who do this? The banning and unbanning of posters is time consuming and probably annoying for the mods and maybe a less permanent solution might help.

I have no idea why Sweats was banned so can't comment.

12. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

I'm going to say this once because I reckon it'll get dragged into an argument about how I should "stick up for myself etc.."

However, when I was a mod, there was a time when I was doing the banning. Bow and Bozz hadn't been on for a while, and Gerrez and Bluff were new mods. During that time, there were so many complaints about United members in general, and they were spilling onto other threads and it was ruining the atmosphere of the board. I banned Sweats because after all the abuse I was getting from these members, he was the most vocal in plain sight. But I'd like to put it to the Liverpool board who, whilst I was modding for your benefit didn't think once to publicly back myself at all. I'm not saying I needed an army to back me, but I'm getting slandered for something I did for this board and it's getting to the point where there's little point coming on here if it continues.

So much for the Liverpool board unity.

13. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

If the mancs want to continue to have a go on their board (it is getting a little boring now) then just ignore them, but if it comes over here then it needs to stay within the usual boundaries. Personal attacks need to be dealt with as the mods see fit.

I think that you not getting much backing was down to the fact that it was very much a heated argument between you and some mancs and was personal and not general you were also doing a good job of fighting your own corner in your way.

I'm sorry if you felt that we should have backed you more and hope the above explains why.

I've always been happy to jump in if I feel someone is out of order.

14. I can understand this, we don't get any backing but we will get abuse whether it be from the Liverpool or Man Utd board (or wherever), sometimes it can be between different view points on just this board too. People need to remember that decisions ARE made for the benefit of the board and not everyone will agree with them. But since the mods are volunteering their time to do the job for the benefit of the board, respect should always be shown to the mod making the decision. Especially considering what I have said several times about consultation taking place with other mods and BRB.

PS...Ze, sorry if you felt I was supportive enough. I didn't always agree with you as you know but thought I'd backed you up most of the time <ok>

15. LucasPrime

LucasPrime Member

We have lost quite a few posters on here and I think the mecca for wums has something to do with it. Keep them banned.

16. KingEric07.

I think all of us none LFC fans sohlud be banned from your board <ok>

17. Would you just stick to your Baz account then? <whistle>

18. KingEric07.

No. I'd only use my Ze account <ok>

#Team Ze.

19. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Ahem Eric....

Attached Files:

20. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Oh and Ze, I didn't back you cause I didn't think you needed backing. There was a lot of crap going down at the time to the point that I had lost the will to read some threads. I didn't look to see who all were involved or who got banned. As far as I was concerned you'd fixed the problem which was to stop what appeared to be a Manc pack targeting one person and blitzing the chosen person with abuse or repetitive sarky comments. (This was around that time wasn't it?)

You got the job done. You can't make an omelette and all that. If you believe you were, in retrospect, harsh on a particular individual then fine.

Don't bugger off the site for stuff you did or didn't do as a mod. As you can see by this thread the mods actions will always leave someone unhappy.

If we're going to have a fairly open forum with some wumming & counter wumming allowed you gotta stay!!! :D