1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

To all those posting un-realistic "targets"...

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by LondonWhite88, Aug 2, 2011.

1. LondonWhite88

LondonWhite88 Member

I hope the fact that we can't even sign Keith Andrews proves just how dire we are in the transfer market.
    We SHOULD be able to get some of the players we all tout as being good prospects for the club but under Uncle/SG, we're not getting anywhere near them. Brown and foreign trialists are as good as it's gonna get so far as I can see.

Don't enjoy spreading negativity and don't consider myself some sort of justice of reality like some, but I'm just beginning to get completely disollusioned when I see other fans getting excited for the new season due to some great signings and we're looking like a mid-table side. With a bit of luck, we can get promotion, but I think that'll be the main factor!

MOT!

2. Spanish white

Spanish white Active Member

I dont think we are a million miles away from promotion...

we have all said the same a bit of quality added around LB maybe CB maybe one more in midfield and a short term loan up front....

Sooner see more quality and pressure to perform and keep your place.

Looking on paper West Ham and Leicester look nailed on before a ball is kicked :)
    But Kicking the ball is allot more difficult :emoticon-0102-bigsm

All of us have high expectations - we are leeds fans after all....:emoticon-0103-cool:

i hoping we will be around the top 6.. but i believe their are some great teams this year....

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think we can still get excited about the new season, the fact is we DO have some quality players, not enough for promotion in my opinion but enough to win matches and enjoy a few good days with probably a few lows. It really is no use getting on the managers back, on one hand I would like him to grow a pair and demand a bit extra from Ken but where would that get him and would it create panic and unrest in the team.

Anger towards Ken and full support for the players on the pitch and the manager who picks the team and decides tactics. If we start playing terrible and losing every match then yes Grayson will lose all my support but he surpassed what I expected last year and this year with NO money I am expecting 9th.

4. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

I don't see how we've suddenly turned into a mid-table side. We're stronger than last year and I'm not so convinced the league is going to be as strong as everyone seems to think. I can't think of any/many teams who were below us last season who have improved to the point of leapfrogging us.

5. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

Leicester and Ipswich mean business. Middlesbrough ended the season a lot better than they started it, will they continue that form ? And what about the likes of Burnley, they weren't too far behind us ? Then there's the unknown threat of the promoted teams (actually I won't bother mentioning Posh, but Brighton and Southampton might do ok).

Trouble is Simon, over the last few years this has proven to be a real topsy-turvy division with clubs in the play-offs one year and relegated the next (ring any bells ?) and others who are rated no more than mid-table or worse, suddenly hitting the heights of the Prem (Blackpool, Swansea etc).

I feel another roller-coaster ride coming.....

6. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

Middlesbrough are losing key players, Burnley already have and, yes, anything can happen over the season, but I don't see how that translates to us ending up mid-table? I still don't see this great league-strengthening people are on about.

7. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

We're only one or two additions away from having a really decent auto challenging squad. I've never gone into a new season thinking I'd be happy with 9th. West Ham aren't all that,they were a poor side last season & will be worse this time around,Leicester have bought only average players who will probably take till xmas to gel,so I'm hoping for at least top four.
    I would like to see a few more positives coming from Grayson's direction though.

8. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

I don't see us as mid table either Simon, I was merely pointing out that just because some teams were below us last season, won't necessarily mean they can't catch us.

9. tommylion

tommylion Active Member

10. FORZA LEEDS

Also I'd rather we sign an exciting foreign trialist like Alex Mendy than an overrated journeyman like Keith Andrews.

11. benlovesleeds

benlovesleeds Member

I think we are better set than Forest, and we have improved our team slightly without any major changes.

**** off Andrews by the way (and your knob head agent), obviously wants to play games without having to earn that right, and has been told he'd be coming in as competion for places and didn't like it. So stay away and go to a mid table side where he can walk straight in and play.

Sign up players like Mendy, who put there career on the line by joining on trial just to win a contract.

12. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

i reckon we are stronger than last year, i dont think any club in the league has an out and out better first team, maybe to the exception of west ham, i do believe we will be clhallenging for autos, need to sign a LB desperatley though, whether that be bodor or someone else

13. FORZA LEEDS

I do think White could make a great LB given half a chance. He reminds me of Terry Cooper/Tony Dorigo,both of whom started off as wingers before reverting to LB.
    Lightning pace,can get back to cover if we're caught on the counter attack. Certainly a better bet than Parker.

14. Pull Your Fox Up

Pull Your Fox Up Active Member

Do you beleive your club has the depth in its squad though? Lets say you pick up one injury to defence, midfield and attack (which is very plausible) how would you fair then do you reckon?

I reckon a fully fit Leeds is a challenging team - but i worry about your survivability if injuries occurr

15. Penshawdave

Penshawdave Well-Known Member

They say "money talks" and we have been pretty quiet of late.

I can't wait to see the first line up and see how we manage the new boys from Division One.

Its looking like a long hard slog this year but as usual I live in hope that this year is IT.

Playoffs is the minimum and just to match last years position of 7th would be disappointing.

16. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Why can,t we buy AQdam Barton PNE are skint and he his the future star midfield player we have the money from SCHMICHAEL so we can afford him

17. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Cowell :) alreeeeeeet

18. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

I'll be honest, I've never heard of him. His record doesn't look anything special.

19. LondonWhite88

LondonWhite88 Member

YNBK - alright bud!? Haven't stopped in for a while as I haven't really been too depressed about the club (which is why we all come on here, right?!) up until today but I'm too close to the end of my tether!

How've you been keeping mate?

20. leedsrevolution

leedsrevolution Well-Known Member

Has there been any news on if Mendy or Bodor will be given perm deals?