1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

To all the Mick McCarthy Haters

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by hedgeworth, Jun 23, 2011.

1. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmi...wing-hoddle-was-not-a-doddle-97319-28922370/?

Interesting article which shows exactly what MM has done for us, took over a team that Hoddle left with only 16 professional players on contracts and only 1 Million pound left in the transfer kitty.

5 years later we are still in the Premier League, and are adding to our squad the quality players we need to stay as Premier League regulars.

2. east-coast-wolves

He has worked miracles for this club. There is no doubting it.

3. gotcoffee

gotcoffee Member

That was quite a good read .. no more signings on the way for you lads?

4. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Hopefully 2-3 more still to come, we got 7 last season and they have said we will not be getting that many this year, but we are still desperate for a couple more defensive improvements and with bids totalling around 10 million already out, i would expect that to get us at least 2 more players.

5. east-coast-wolves

Yeh, a CB (Mills and/or Johnson) and a LB (Bertrand and/or Konchesky) for a start.

6. 2010 tops dog

2010 tops dog Well-Known Member

I don't mind mm tbf and i am a newcastle fan,he says it how it is and no crap,honest bloke and has done a good job
    for you guys

7. wolfie

wolfie New Member

And look at the amount he has wasted. Considering he is a CB himself he has bought a lot of rubbish. Also you say he has had no money, well it seems he has been given a fair bit he has just bought cheap players but lots of them.

Also look at people like Mark Davies, Miljas, Van Damme who are good premier players but he was unable to motivate them.

8. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

He spend very little to get us to the Premier League, Since then he has spent a fair bit, but take the Doyle, Fletcher and Hunt Fees away from it and it does not work out that much.

The problem with bringing in 5-10 million pound players is they normally want more wages than we are prepared to pay, so that's why we needed to take a punt with cheaper players that you hope will turn out OK and would bulk the squad out a bit.

Unfortunately we have not really gained much from that tactic, unlike other teams who have discovered players like Adam or Odemwingie, but we don't need to do that so much now and fewer quality players are what we will be adding to the squad instead of larger volumes or cheaper risks.

9. bonnybobbypark

bonnybobbypark Well-Known Member

Sunderland fan in peace. Mick is a GREAT manager. Deserved better at our place, doin a fair job at yours. His passion is worth 10 points every season

x

10. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

The key point in the article is where he has taken us considering the situation Hoddle left. He had to sign a lot of players in a short space of time, and he had to do that again when we were promoted. It's inevitable some signings won't work out, and I think his success rate is exceptional. You're never going to agree with everything he does, but the bottom line is it's a great time to be a Wolves fan, and before Mick I didn't think that very often.

11. stopthepress

stopthepress Member

Don't hate him, just think he's a parody of himself. Ignorance isn't a virtue.

If you're happy with him then great, but personally I think you'd do better with a more professional manager. Think Allardyce is a Wolves fan, you should've snapped him up while he was available.

12. gotcoffee

gotcoffee Member

Allardyce is a useless self involved 'expensive', massive waste of space .. he would instantly undo all the good work MM has done so far for Wolves ... That's the stupidist thing I've read today ..

13. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Exactly.