1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tipping point

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Feb 11, 2021.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Had to laugh this afternoon when watching Tipping Point. The lady was asked the question in 2019 Sol Campbell managed which football club

Macclesfield Portsmouth or Forest Green Rovers

Confessed she didn't know and passed it to her opponent who said football is not my favourite subject and then tried to work out which club he managed

Not sure if Macclesfield have a league club, I know Portsmouth do and I have never heard of Forest Green Rovers so I will guess at Portsmouth

She got it wrong

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    GreatWesternGas likes this.
  2. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Yes I saw that too - made me chuckle when she announced to the nation that she'd never heard of Forest Green Rovers. Bet they loved that up there!! :emoticon-0136-giggl

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  3. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

“Never heard of FGR” - that’s sacrilege around these parts!

Since I moved up to Dursley 16 years ago I’ve had a bit of a soft spot for Forest Green - they do a free shirt and ticket deal for all Year 4 kids in the area for one league game a year so I took my youngest lad up there a couple of years ago. Plus I’ve got a few local mates who are fans.

So in a way FGR are my “second team”. Pretty **** that my second team are probably better than my lifelong first team at the moment!

old timer likes this.
  4. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

You get some right **** wits on Tipping Point, why on earth do they go on a quiz show?