1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Times up LJ

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Jan 14, 2020.

1. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I've just been reading back through this thread.....................it's so funny, <laugh><laugh><laugh>

2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

If e didn’t lose the dressing room, I reckon we could of scored more goals than these 1-0 wins all the time. Hope he finds it soon <doh>

3. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

Yes, that always gets to me, when fans say "he has lost the changing room"

4. RedorDead

Are they out of relegation place yet?

5. oneforthebristolcity

RR's dancing must be decent with all the kneejerking he does!! :emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0170-ninja:emoticon-0169-dance

johngalleyfan2 likes this.
  6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I have my own reasons for my dislike of LJ but surely I can be allowed to recognise and appreciate his successes and I do, I support Bristol City FC, not the individual occupancy of the head coach position but I have no problem cheering this guy on if he succeeds, if he fails I will shout out loud, things are looking brighter, all he wants he gets and good luck to him, if he succeeds we will all be happy.

Good luck to LJ, he is doing okay and I am with him all the way, Bristol City I will love till I vanish but I'm just a born and bred West Country fella.

Just saying what I feel, haters and luvies are irrelevant.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  7. oneforthebristolcity

Just teasing the kneejerkers Wiz....I know your not LJ's biggest fan but I also know you have common sense....after a few defeats, you said it was madness to even think of changing him....but we do have a few that have the knives sharpened as soon as there's a dip in form...which of course is madness.

8. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

seems we are going in the right direction-long mat it continues
    Quality signings just what we needed.
    Afobe back soon.

9. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I'm just a City fan and wanted to state it, I don't hate LJ or anybody I just have good days and bad days, no excuses needed I just go with the flow, at the moment life is good for me and football is just a part of that good or bad, life is far more than football and people are right it is just a game.

I'm a bit off of the mark with my general comment but I do so agree it would be complete madness for LJ to go but life must go on and who knows what is around the corner.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  10. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

understand exactly
    understand exactly what your saying wize, had open heart surgery back in November and for a couple of days things looked quite bad,now I refuse to get wound up by silly things.i enjoy the grandkids and glass of wine,and yes it is just a game.

11. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Good luck to you mate and I hope the recovery continues well.

12. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

So you've put your 'Johnson Out' banners back in the cupboard then until our next loss then?

13. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Nope I just think with the resources and money given to him which I hasten to add no other manager has had.He should be producing at the current level.
    He has just been given three premiership quality players to strengthen his squad.
    Afobe back soon.
    Time to take us up.
    30+ years and waiting.

14. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

He also bought more money into the club than any other manager, something which seems to go unnoticed by the Johnson out brigand

15. oneforthebristolcity

But we won the last few games without those players....."The having had loads of money" argument is getting a bit stale now RR......It's a bloody hard league for all, Look at Leeds & West Brom.....flying, but not as they were...Leeds losing to Wigan at home.....you would have been all over that like a rash had it been City.
    LJ is not perfect....But we will never have a manager that is......but you have to acknowledge he's doing a decent job and is becoming one of the best this club has ever had...

Alandicksthegreat likes this.
  16. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Good luck with your recovery mate

17. RedorDead

And yet every transfer window you want more money spent on players?
    You do realise that this window we’ve made a profit as well don’t you.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  18. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

there is no reason to hate anybody, however not like or prefer to not be in their company is options. Anyone who achieves something which is good commands or / demands respect .. in everday life this lasts longer than in football simply by the nature of what is classed as success. At this point in time anyone says they hate / dislike LJ are living a lie and live in the past.
    [ I was gobsmacked when he got the job … but I always give people a chance and judge people on the present to be honest when he was playing I couldn't understand the "KNOCKERS" and it must have had some subliminal affect on him as it does all players that get constant stick from the few, and affected some of his performances] But unlike the knockers, and their lack of vision people saw the potential of LEE, and Lee's current present started as [manager] head coach of BCFC.
    AND BOY OH BOY how he has proven those IQ ZERO'S and knockers / haters wrong … not really their fault as they do not have vision and most are just part of the herd.. now sleeping on sheetless beds! As a manager he has done quite well .. took Barnsley to WEMBGLEE … ok it was a different manager on the day when they won, but he was in charge till he joined us and they had qualified [ he could have had Wembley WINNER and Lge 1 promotion winner on his cv had he said NO but he came to us "in the sh** "at the time.
    whether we get promoted this season or not he will have put his mark on BCFC ... AS A COACH THAT REALLY ACHIEVED SOMETHING .. He brought his own brand of idealism to the table, ignored the knockers, modernized the training and helped turn a loss making entity into a soundly financial based football club capable of challenging for top 6. If in a year or 2 he moves on for whatever reason so be it … he has already left a BIG positive stamp on BCFC and will leave BCFC in a far better place than anytime in the last 30 years

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  19. oneforthebristolcity

Blimey I read all of that.............and have to say..Well said!