1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Time to tidy up...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, May 22, 2012.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Unfortunately, things are on the slide on here.

I think perhaps I've been a little too lax in my moderating duties recently and I've allowed the abuse of fellow posters to get a little out of hand.

I plan to sort that now.

If you post a comment that adds nothing to the debate, but merely insults another poster, it will be deleted.

If you keep posting abuse, you'll be deleted.

If you re-register under another name and come back to abuse that poster again, then I'll kill your kitten, possibly your children and in extreme circumstances, I'll kill them both.

Grow up ffs.

2. Hull City Wok Tiger

Hull City Wok Tiger Active Member

Think it's the heat frying peoples brains, was messing about with the settings on here and theres a way to turn people off if you don't want to read them.

3. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

<laugh> <laugh>
    On the whole I agree though, that's about four threads closed now for ridiculous arguments between posters much older and supposedly more mature than myself.

I'm still allowed to insult Tickler though.... right? <yikes>
    Problem is with that, others quote them and you end up seeing what they've posted anyway - and the absolute ****e they post ends up getting too much to resist.

4. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

A sensible move OLM. Several threads have being spoilt recently by stupid and insulting comments, makes it a better place for everyone without stuff like that appearing!

5. Hull City Wok Tiger

I can see how good discussions get derailed by people calling each other cnuts so think maybe it's a case if somebody is that bad even if they are re-quoted just try to avoid reading it- I suppose it's funny to see people handbagging each other online sometimes but not that constructive.

6. robingram02

robingram02 Well-Known Member

I take it this is in response to the Hull Retained List thread? I've never seen so many trolls in one place.

7. St-Louis Tiger

St-Louis Tiger Active Member

As long as we're still allowed to be mean to Leicester fans that come on the board for perfectly legitimate and reasonable reasons i'm down

Seriously though thanks, what a load of tripe a few of these threads have descended into

8. Hull City Wok Tiger

I'm a bit embarrassed reading that back, please don't count me as a troll

9. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you contribute 95% of the time and only allow yourself to get sucked into stupid arguments for the other 5% (like myself), people appreciate that you're not here to troll.

10. Hull City Wok Tiger

Cheers, for me we are all fans together anyhow, I guess I lost it a bit with that Agro character but found out you can shut people offon here so next time will take that option

11. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Do they? Do they?

I'd say at least 100% of my contributions on here have been a worthwhile read, yet still I am considered by some to be a troll.

On the whole though, I'd say good call OLM, probably 18 months too late for some of us, but who's counting eh?

12. Hull City Wok Tiger

The thing I like about it on here is that the people running it seem to take an interest in whats going on unlike some other places online

13. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

Perhaps you could do something with those numerous 'breaking news' threads too.

14. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

You're an exception, although let's be honest, you do actually make the effort to be a complete dick towards people <laugh> it just so happens that only select people realise that's it's not supposed to be totally serious.

Although I'm sure you'll reply and attempt to make it clear that all your posts are absolutely serious and that I'm a **** for thinking otherwise ;)

15. St-Louis Tiger

St-Louis Tiger Active Member

that's just a harmless bandwagon, it's the offseason and people need to keep themselves entertained

16. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

I have nothing against entertainment, if it's funny. A lot of them are just a waste.

17. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

There appears to have been an influx of posters I have nothing to say to on this site. I have nothing in common with them.
    Who wants to talk about computer games FFS ?

Good lads like Nick and Eric hardly post anymore, note the irony in that sentence.

Sorry Paul but I don't dig the new breed.

18. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

Indeed, although there are some exceptions.
    To be honest I'm quite happy for people to talk about whatever the hell they want, as long as they're kept separate from other threads with their own specific titles ie "O/T Video Games"

I anticipate that this warning alone may be enough to fend off stupid comments anyway, if people know the comments will get deleted then they probably won't bother in the first place - again with some obvious exceptions.

19. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

I've been a tad guilty but, having had a 'Road to Damascus' conversion, I will now turn the other cheek if I'm insulted.....

I do, however, reserve the right to query opinions (on O/T threads) where I have a different point-of-view.

20. Maloolabaloola

This Tony Warner guy is hilarious. He's usually by far and away the most entertaining read on here. He also has skin as thick as a rhino's hide.

I tip my hat to him. :smiley: