1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Time to make a stand?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by tomw24, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

I loved my 50th birthday so much that i've celebrated it six times now...:)

2. AshbySaint

AshbySaint Well-Known Member

Not for me! I don't believe that he is completely to blame, so why should he be the scapegoat. When you have so many shots but only a few on target that isn't his fault. The board haven't supported Puel or Pellegrino with the right attacking options.

Also I am not prepared to publicly display my intent for some one to loose their job.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  3. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

I will say this: assuming our PL future doesn't hang in the balance for it (and we're probably doomed if it does), some sort of action on the day of the season finale, directed at the board and Reed in particular, wouldn't go amiss. Pellegrino's a symptom, but he's not the disease, and it feels an awful lot like we need to a clear out at the highest levels if we're going to turn things around.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Puck and Le Tissier’s Laces like this.
  4. Libby

Libby 9-0

I've got a very dark sense of humour but I'd prefer you to not make jokes about that fella. That lad was a really good mate of mines brother and some of the stuff they did to him was absolutely horrific... A lot of which didn't come out in the media.

Not having a dig bud as you clearly couldn't have known and it may seem hypocritical of someone like me with my sense of humour bur just had to put it out there <ok>

5. AshbySaint

I dont believe we are playing ****e. We played some nice football last night and we dominated Brighton. What we don't have is a good end product due to the board not replacing Pelle or Mane, but we weren't ****e. So many teams come to SMS and park a bus, so many times there has only been one team playing to win, us. A lot of teams play not to loose and hopefully get a draw and maybe even a win. Its why we do better against the better team. At least they come assuming to win.

6. AshbySaint

Was she his daughter?

7. AshbySaint

And what was the sad old middle aged man going to do with the sweetie?

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  8. AberdeenSaint

AberdeenSaint Well-Known Member

He`s certainly got them playing better since Caixina was sacked - they were a bit of a shambles however. He`s brought some good players in during the window too. I don`t think he`s a big enough name for them - but if he keeps winning, and finishes second, he might well get ithe job longer term.

9. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Yeah sorry mate, didn't think that one through, they should throw away the key for those bastards and I hope that they rot in hell.

10. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

I'm older than both of you :emoticon-0110-tongu

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.

11. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

I hope you don't include me amongst them. I have absolutely no intention of being sane whatever that means.

Missing Lambo likes this.
  12. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

Except the young ones are worse, much, much worse. They go for instant gratification. That's why you see them walking the streets eating food and drinking. They are hungry therefore they need food therefore must have it now. Deferred gratification is not a concept they understand.They are the me, me, me, now, now, now generation who were created by Thatcher.

13. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

They haven't got the money to be able to pay off a sacked Pellegrino so we are stuck with him.

14. woolstonian

woolstonian Well-Known Member

How do you 'loose' hair? Untie it?

15. Cowtownred

Cowtownred Well-Known Member

Totally agree. The young ones over here, voted in Trudeau!!!!!

16. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

Pfft. Natural Law Party forever!

17. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

You’d be amazed at what no.7 can do with hair <laugh>

18. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

When you are young you think you know everything and everything you believe is right...and I'm not getting at the young because I include all of us in that when we were young. If that was actually true, no one would learn anything subsequently...we would all mysteriously get stupider (hardly an evolutionary advantage) whereas in fact what you get as you age is experience and (often) wisdom. Doesn't mean everyone who is young is foolish or everyone who is older is wise.

At work for instance, you get someone bounding in with an idea. Whilst not squashing them completely, you point out the problems because you have seen this done 2-3 times in your lifetime already....then you get told you are being negative*. Often it all goes pear-shaped as you could have predicted...whereas it might have worked if they learnt from your experience and adapted the idea. Sadly too often bouncing enthusiasm is valued, but not experience....whereas both have their place.

*Ps...I don't deny the presence of negative people....the ones who won't even listen and discuss ideas.

I have underlined the bits I consider important to note as people do seem extremely sensitive these days.

davecg69 and Whiteley Saint like this.
  19. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

Well, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - the fans let the manager and side down massively at the end of last season with their pathetic “support” and booing the team because of “boring” football. But we ended up eighth and had a cup final.
    In my opinion, the board panicked and got rid of Claude in an effort to get a “more adventurous” manager, one who had (a bit of) a record of doing well as an underdog. I always thought Claude should have been given more time and some money to build a team.
    After the shameful performance of many of our “fans” at the end of the season, I decided not to renew my season ticket, as I couldn’t handle the abuse addressed to the team and manager. Looking at this season, it was a good decision, though I still follow the games and suffer the hurt at the results. But I would never boo the team or manager or protest with banners, etc. I know absolutely **** all about managing a bunch of overpaid egotistic players, tactics or football club management (dealing with those who call themselves “agents” and are only happy pushing their players for higher wages or more income for themselves, etc).
    So, I will continue to support SFC through thick and thin as I have done for over 50 years and I may get another season ticket when we’re in the Championship. I think I’d enjoy it more if the fans didn’t have unrealistic expectations of free spending Southampton signing players on £200k a week and storming the Premier League.
    I’m not staying we’re not in trouble, we are, most decidedly, but I’ll still be supporting the team players, manager and board.
    Maybe that makes me a sucker, an idiot or worse, but it’s what I believe. I’ll go away now and continue to lurk and watch the meltdown when we lose to the Baggies this afternoon .......