1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Time to make a stand?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by tomw24, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Velcro Roy

Velcro Roy Well-Known Member

This current brand of football is total ****,team selection seems to be out of a hat for some positions.last night I got home after losing my voice at 1.20am.
    And I awake to this post,**** me most "fans" were like church mice last night.
    The team are playing **** at the moment,playing to orders,we've seen worse players in the past but we got behind them and that's what supporters do.
    The modern fans are spoilt brats,cut out the whinging and support if you want us to stay up.

fatletiss, mowgli, Libby and 5 others like this.
  2. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I think many youngsters have been mollycoddled and haven't learned to live with disappointment....this is why supporting Saints is character building. <laugh>

3. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

4. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Oh Dear........we saints fans are in a bit of a state. The way some of our fans are talking you would think the board are doing this on purpose.
    When The Chinese contingent took us over there was promise of new investment. Things don't seem to be going that way though, and the info I'm getting though is quite different.
    My info is.......... Saints were told they had to sell VVD to bring money into the club in this window.They were not given permission to spend any of it until well into the window. It is thought they were only given permission to spend £20 million. Which is why Saints appeared to start late........There was also some disagreement between the board and the owners going back a few weeks ago. My source does not know what, only that there was fraught tempers (Which in truth could have been about anything I suppose) and a lot of stamping about.
    I am not trying to support the board as I agree with most on here, however from my source it would seem it is not all plain sailing between them and the owners.
    My source is also saying he will be surprised if there is not some resignations during the summer. My source would not elaborate on who or what he meant by this remark. Interesting...................

5. Che’s Godlike Thighs

Che’s Godlike Thighs Well-Known Member

...and apparently Ralph Kruger put a gun against Mr. Gao's head and said, "Yippee-kay-ay motherfucker!"

I didn't know he could speak Chinese.

Saints FC 76 and Saints_Alive like this.
  6. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

If this is the case, Beddy and they are being hamstrung by the Owners, then if they had any integrity, they should've resigned already by now IMO.

Plus, if that were the case, they went along with the pretence of stringing the Saints fans along with the Promes signing knowing that the club were never going to finance it.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  7. Saint Sosa

Saint Sosa Well-Known Member

So we can thank Katharina for selling to a dodgy Chinese businessman (who all but failed fit & proper testing) and subsequently tainting her Fathers legacy? At least she got her pay day, I guess...

latviandream and St.Kreuzberg like this.
  8. Saint Sosa

So if Millenials have been mollycoddled - who are we blaming for raising & mollycoddling them? Older generations are so patronizing and ignorant sometimes, it's pretty funny if nothing else.

latviandream, BobbyD, RSS and 7 others like this.
  9. Saint Elsewhere

Saint Elsewhere Well-Known Member

At the start of the season I stated that if we sold another player to Liverpool I would stop going to games.

Can't do it. Even though the football is mostly ****, the management and tactics are bilge and the pies are too much pastry, not enough meat. I ****ing love Saints.

10. RLSGM

RLSGM Member

Wrong generation bro. Millenials grew up watching the dodgy dutch duo and decline following Wee Gordon.

Stop being so tiresomely ageist.

Saint Sosa likes this.

11. Saint Sosa

In my experience it's the 40-50+ year olds that are the biggest moaners, I've very rarely experienced people my age shouting obscenities or groaning if someone passes backwards or dares misplaces a pass. Younger people are generally much more understanding of the possession side of the game, it's the footballing dinosaurs(see - older people) that cry about stuff like that.

Osvaldorama likes this.
  12. thereisonlyoneno7

I agree...I am in that 40-50 age bracket, though I must be young at heart as I am understanding. My 60 year old mate on the other hand....

13. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

I am in the 60+ bracket and I never moan about anything. You bloody spoilt, self-entitled youngsters on the other hand...

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  14. thereisonlyoneno7

I don't normally moan, but am partial to a Victor Meldrew moment every now and again :)

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  15. jonny 'hasen' shuttle

jonny 'hasen' shuttle Well-Known Member

I am 40 next Tuesday so I am going to start moaning loads from Tuesday morning onwards.

16. Cowtownred

Cowtownred Well-Known Member

The team are playing scared, so what will it matter if, you lot start singing Pellegrino out, sack the board etc songs at home games! We need to get rid of this guy, and the board too. Unfortunately, it has to be during the game, you need to get the national media attention, and embarrass the ownership!

AshbySaint likes this.
  17. jonny 'hasen' shuttle

jonny 'hasen' shuttle Well-Known Member

Its an age old tricky one this as on the one hand you want the players to play with confidence but when youre not winning games anger and frustration always tend to win the day and spill over from the stands.
    Utlimately the players need to step up and play well and then we will support them!!
    Its like you cant just sit there and pretend to be happy when clearly unhappy

18. St.Kreuzberg

St.Kreuzberg Active Member

Agree Don't think you need a crystal ball to see that Gao hasn't got any readies! I hold a lot of blame at KL feet - as you probably know owing to my rant earlier.
    Really think Gao has been hedging his bets on whether we stay up or not, doesn't want to spend big and then still go down. Think I've mentioned that in "Gao and Championship football" and in "Where's all the money gone!"

19. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Yeah this is it for me. It is not like you can just switch a button and say "right we've protested now, gone ****ing mental at the manager and board, but it's 3pm now, kick off time! Lets be all supportive". Some people will be able to do it but most won't.

20. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Think most olds have been conditioned to be treated to ****. Why most old people still vote for the Tories. :emoticon-0110-tongu

San Tejón and RLSGM like this.