1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Time to accept what's happened and back our team AND manager!

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Salah's-left-foot, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Salah's-left-foot

Salah's-left-foot Well-Known Member

We can talk about what should have been done and what could have been done to prevent such a massive failure to sort out our issues in front of goal but we'd be here for centuries.

The fault can be blamed on FSG, Brendan, Ian Ayre, Kenny Dalglish, Damien Comolli, the list goes on, but we have a squad right now that consists of only two strikers that can play through the middle of a 4-3-3, which is our proffered formation, this is what we have and we have to accept it, so let's just accept that we've not managed to signed the players we wanted to, made a mistake with loaning out Andy Carroll and look forward to the next game our back our team AND manager!

Liverpool FC..

You'll Never Walk Alone! <rose>

2. Salah's-left-foot

please log in to view this image

3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I'm happy enough with our business. Lets see what happens next.

4. ShanksHateTheMancs

Not until we get some answers, especially over the Dempsey deal. To loan out Carrol and fail to bring someone in is criminal really and it needs explaining!

5. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I think we all are going to back the team Jatt but some sreious questions have to be asked! I mean we had to have known that Fulham were not going to **** around with us. On top of all of that, he went to a rival for that top 4 spot, so that is two we have lost out on due ot the extra $.

I will still support the club, no doubt, but to leave us only Suarez and Borini and then the youth ( Morgan, Ngoo, ????) just seems a really really big gamble for a club with top 4 ambitions.

6. Noblelox

Noblelox Well-Known Member

I think the stark honest truth is Rodgers just does not want Carroll anywhere near the team. Carroll being gone with no replacement is still better than Carroll being here... It's up to Rodgers to prove that now.

Look on the bright side, Newcastle didn't get him :)

7. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Just at a loss of words right now Noblelox! Just can't believe we didn't get anyone! I can see ( rumors circulating) that Owen will come in after the Arsenal game.

8. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

I'll back the team and manager. But **** the board.

9. Salah's-left-foot

That's the spirit! :D

10. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Def some sort of explanation needs to be had, no bullshit either.

11. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Def some sort of explanation needs to be had, no bullshit either.

12. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

Loaning out (not even selling for some vital income) one of your very few proven strikers, with a European campaign to run as well top 4 ambitions will surely prove to be a monumental gamble.

For the moment it looks completely embarrassing, especially with Fulham's response to Dempsey-Gate.

Sorry lads, but your club looks a total laughing stock.

13. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

Some of us already knew that unfortunately some of our fans have been way to eager to lay the blame at the wrong persons door <ok> Unbelievably some "fans" are still laying the blame for us not getting Dempsey at Kennys feet <laugh> Not qite sure how that works like but hey ho

As Zingy said...we will always support the manager and players (won't we?) But as for the bunch of cock suckers we have running the club...

...I hate to say I told you so but my worst fears were confirmed over the last two days. Just an almighty mess at the moment.

14. Milk Milk

Milk Milk Well-Known Member

It most certainly is not Kenny's fault we didn't get Dempsey... it is Roys fault!

15. Red Baron

Red Baron Active Member

I'm not even bothered we didn't get Dempsey. I always said he plays better as the big fish in the small pond. What I'm pissed about is the fact that we didn't have anyone else lined up after Sturridge said no to the loan. Even if it was another loan from some team that would get the player back, surely that's better than no one, right?

Oh well, I still feel confident this team can get a job done, specifically until January, possibly longer (but hopefully not!) Guess we'll have to wait and see.

16. ShanksHateTheMancs

I like the sentiment, I will back the TEAM but until we get answers I won't even back BR! He decided to get rid of Carrol at all costs, still its decisions like this that will define his reign, so in that respect IF it does go tits up he will only have himself to blame. Lets be frank here somebody from our side put a valuation on Dempsey that was non-negotiable, even to the tune of 1mil. Now we can say that Spurs interest was out the blue but thats the risk you take if you play this kind of game.

Somebody at the top has gone from paying 50 quid for a big Mac to refusing to pay a fiver for a meal in a Michelin star restaurant. Some truly shocking decisions been made in the last few seasons!

17. moreinjuredthanowen

1. I'm delighted we didn't get dempsey... yes he socred a few great frees and had a great last season where he doubled his usual return.... but he's going to turn 30 very soon.... I think this is ok.

2. re: "accepting it" unless someonme is sheldon cooper and has invented a time machine we can't go back and change it so we bloody well have to accept it.

3. Its fair also to say rodgers looks really bad this morning and badly needs a win cos everything is adding up to a perfect storm for him.... a terrible hammering game one, a bare scrape into the europa when then a bad draw that puts pressure on... flogging two goals to draw with city at home to continue the form of last year and arsenal to come after a disasterous transfer deadline day...... we could do with a win!

18. Anfieldheros

Anfieldheros Member

I couldnt give a monkeys that we didnt get dempsey. The thing that annoys me (a lot) is getting rid of AC and getting noone in to replace him. We cant rely on youth, it is way too much pressure to put on them and they will not perform imo (look at last season). I am not blaming last season on our youth btw, just think that the over relance on them has cost us as we have mot been in the position to ease them in. I really hope we dont do an 'owen' to sterling and break him due to s relunce on his young talent.

Sirry for any typo's typing on a phone is a bit of a pain!

19. Sir Kenny Dalglish

Sir Kenny Dalglish Well-Known Member

Lets look at it another way. FSG felt there was too many ''white elephants'' in the squad, i.e. players getting massive wages and not earning them. The only ''white elephant'' we've got left is Joe Cole. Brendan Rodgers spoke about the make up of his squad, he said it was broken into 3 areas, the regular 1st 11, cover players, and development players.

Rodgers felt he couldn't have a £35 million striker as a ''cover player'' even Real Madrid don't have that, or Manchester City for that matter. The closest to that was Manchester United until they sold Berbatov to Fulham for £4 million. Charlie Adam on huge wages was also deemed as a ''cover player'', but again he shouldn't have been expected to be.

I've a feeling that Adam Morgan is so highly thought of, that he's going to be the third striker. The lad has the talent, and Brendan Rodgers has said that he's got a terrific atitude and he's hungry. So here's a question, is it better to have a hungry 18 year old that fits into your plans as the extra man than a £35 million striker that you can't find any use for?

Back to the ''white elephants'' Most of them are gone, and this frees up a serious level of revenue should we get back into the CL. Rodgers has been clever with his signings and Ian Ayre has been just as clever. Here's an example Joe Allen+Fabio Borini+ Ousamma Assaidi earn less combined than Aquilani. Thats not mentioning the amount of money that was stripped off the wage bill from out-goings.

Two years ago, we had an unsustainable £120 million wage bill. If my calculations are correct, it could be down to £90 million. Thats rather impressive. FSG are planning for the FFP, and thats what I can see going on. They will increase revenue, but they will cut out-goings to ensure that there is a hefty amount for player purchases. This will increase once we're back in the CL.

20. Sir Kenny Dalglish

Sir Kenny Dalglish Well-Known Member

We could be worse, we could have got into a competition of ''I've got a bigger flute than you'' one which Alex Ferguson and Roberto Mancini were involved in. Thats the only reason United signed Van Persie, it was because he wanted to prove that he could still get players for big money. He never thought of the reality, £24 million plus £12 million a year in wages for 4 years for a player that has only been consistently fit for 18 months of the last 8 years. That equates to £72 million. There is no long term value in that.