1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Time marches on............

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

I see this week that both Ramires and Obi Mikel retired from football. Both were long time players for Chelsea, both often under appreciated, and both scored crucial goals for the Club when it really mattered.
    Makes you feel old seeing these players retiring, Mikel ( real name Michael) was just a kid when he joined us but hopefully they are both financially well off, both healthy and will give back something to the game that gave them so much.
    Good luck and thanks to both.

BobbyD likes this.
  2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Ramires will always have my respect, he was a work horse.
    Not really outstanding at any particular aspect of the game, except maybe unlimited stamina, but a jack of all trades and always put in a shift.

Obi Mikel was, and always will be, shady as ****. The whole thing with FC Lyn, us and Man United was dodgy as hell and he will always have a question mark over his head about that whole issue. I will be happy to forget all about him if I am honest,

BobbyD likes this.
  3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Loved ramires. Put his all in, fairly inconsistent, some stormers, some awful games but always put himself about. His goal vs Barcelona to put us into the final voila.

Mikel, maybe it's one of those talented player things but i wasn't a fan. He wasn't that good despite all the hype and he didn't work that hard.

4. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Mikel for me was one of those I didn’t realise how good he was until he left. Ramires summed up well above, some good and some not so good. Loved him as a winger but the Barca goal definitely his best moment.