1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Time for a change ?

Discussion in 'Morecambe' started by Lord Sykes, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Lord Sykes

Lord Sykes New Member

With the run of results do you think it's time for Sammy to move on ?:undecided:

2. loyalgull

loyalgull Member

coincidentally he has now gone

3. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

Don't like Morecambe. Not sure why<laugh>

4. curtismfc

curtismfc Member

Jim Bentley named player/manager today. I liked Jim as a player but first team manager is a different ball game at league two level. Playing conference football for many years & captaining the team at this level hardly proves he can make the step up to league two level management as first team manager. We can't compare him with Eddie Howe, John Sheridan, or Paul Dickov as these three have played at the highest level in the football league. Now why can't Morecambe fans wake up & smell the coffee that you need a manager with experience to bring league players into the club. It remains to see how well he copes with this. They seem to forget the experience counts to how you perform on the pitch. He is a great bloke but I think it is all too soon, & if anything goes wrong he won't be a legend he will be history in a short time. We can't expect him to be the next John Coleman as he managed Accrington for many years before he earned his success. I wonder if the rumours of financial problems are true as to why we turned down over 40 applicants many possibly with more experience than Jim. This does not make sense on why getting rid of Sammy as well to put an unexperienced manager at the helm too soon. Do we want to go back to the conference days or do we want to move forward as the board keep spouting on about league one. I hope things work out for Jim. I wish him luck. I wouldn't want it to go horribly wrong in a short space of time by sending Morecambe down.