1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Time for a Benny start?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by De Kuip 02, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. De Kuip 02

De Kuip 02 Member

I think its time Ben Arfa got a start. Who better to go in against than the team he pretty much single-handedly destroyed last season on away territory.

He'll be chomping at the bit for a start and it could be time to put him in in place of best.

Dont know about you but i always get a bit nerrvous when players like HBA are not getting playing time. Given his checkered past how long before he starts getting restless and rocking the apple cart?

2. 5 Goals 1 Hat Trick 11 Heroes-NUFC4LIFE

Thing is that after the Stoke performance it would be harsh to leave anybody out as they all performed fantastically well.

Pardew will be think "don't fix what isn't broken" and so I see another 20 minute cameo from Ben Arfa on Saturday.

3. Why aye Cabaye

Why aye Cabaye Active Member

Demba Ba is the man on fire, and he likes the way him and Best link up - so I wouldn't disrupt that at the moment. Ben Arfa's time will come. And he won't replace Jonas or Obertan on the wing as he's not an out and out winger (and Jonas has been ****ing awesome). He'll probably get significant game time v City and Man U.

4. Marvo

Marvo Member

In his appearances so far he hasn't done enough to deserve a start really.

5. andyeswecan

andyeswecan Member

Don't know about a start, but Pardew needs to start giving Marv, Santon and Benny a LOT more game time to get up to Premier league pace.

6. goldie

goldie Well-Known Member

Can't see us changing the team to be honest. The fact is it would be silly to and while we are winning I'll be honest in saying I don't care if Benny doesn't play.

7. Santon and Ben Arfa both have great potential but it's clear that they need more sub apps before they're ready for a start.

Marveaux should start over Ben Arfa, and I'd play him behind Ba if we do play him. He's better in that area. He's got great acceleration, agility, ball control and has great short passing ability and can put in a cheeky lob pass into the box.

Marveaux is fast, but he doesn't really have amazing sprint speed. He's really fast off the mark and really nippy, but in terms of outpacing players, I don't think he'd beat too many, compared to Ober. And I wouldn't take off Jonas.

8. Hatem Is A Geordie

Hatem Is A Geordie Active Member

Can't see us changing it but at some point Ben Arfa needs to come in for Obertan!

9. goldie

goldie Well-Known Member

Why are you so hostile towards me Mr?

10. Colly NUFC

Colly NUFC Active Member

I just can't see how you can drop Best. Give him a runout second half maybe depending on the score, but our two battering rams with actual footballing ability are doing pretty well so far.

11. NUFCaw

NUFCaw Active Member

I wouldn't drop Best or Ba and Obertan was decent against Stoke, setting up a goal and being a good outlet. Jonas looks pretty untouchable atm in terms of taking him out the team.

He'l prbably come off the bench but his time will come when injuries and the ACoN set in.

12. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Gutierrez's Right Boot Well-Known Member

Ben Arfa will get games as a sub till Ba goes to ACoN then its up to him to keep his place

13. beardface

beardface Active Member

I'd love for Benny to start against the team he destroyed last year, but I cant see it happening. Unless we have injuries we will put out the same 11 we did against Stoke.

14. Why aye Cabaye

Why aye Cabaye Active Member

Don't think we should put too much significance to one game last season. Wasn't he pretty average v Stoke in the following match?

15. Flying Dutchman

Well this year we've been solid in 4-4-2, and unless we have striker shortage, I don't see him getting much playing time. Think he will be limited to 20 mins cameos in the league and FA Cup matches ...

16. lady-eleanor

lady-eleanor Well-Known Member

I dont see Pardew changing a winning side, but I was surprised he didnt come on against Stoke.

17. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

He said in the post-match interview that it wasn't right to come on in that game and that he used the British boys this time, but Ben Arfa and Marveaux will get their chance.

I know what he means. The British lads like Gosling and Perch have more experience of a rougher and more physical English game, and we didn't exactly need a winger and AM when we were 3-1 up.

18. Vuckic's Faces

Vuckic's Faces Active Member

No way.

I think Obertan and Best done enough in the Stoke game for another start. Give him 45 minutes if we're losing and 20 minutes if we're winning comfortably.

19. WayneLikesBlobs

[/QUOTE] I think Obertan and Best done enough in the Stoke game for another start. Give him 45 minutes if we're losing and 20 minutes if we're winning comfortably.[/QUOTE]

what if at HT it's a draw??

^_^

20. Ameobi's Apprentice

Ameobi's Apprentice Active Member

It's pretty good that we're doing great even when players like Santon, Ben Arfa and Marveaux aren't playing. When they do get into the team it will only make us stronger, and that's a massive bonus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.