1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tigers Down Under Podcasts

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by SydneyTiger14, Jul 25, 2016.

1. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Dan, Mitch and I discuss the upcoming game against Villa, as well as what still needs to get done this window. Otherwise.. could Bowen be the answer up top?

2. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Another interesting discussion Alex, and you covered all the key points about our pre-season and the Villa game tomorrow. Villa of course had a lot of turmoil administratively in pre-season which now seems to be sorted, and I'd agree with you all that Kodjia and Grealish (if he plays) could be key players for them tomorrow. I do feel that we have the potential to be a competitive mid-table team, with new signings and/or injuries affecting the ultimate outcome one way or the other.

As far as our line-up my concerns are primarily Marshall in goal, who is always liable to make game changing errors, and our weakness up front. Playing Bowen, or even Grozitski, as a striker alongside either Dicko or Campbell, is one option to make us more effective, since we seem to be well served in mid-field, with Evandro, Irvine, Toral, Batty, Milinkevic and even Kane at RW. Our FBs may need time to gell, but have size and strength with Lichaj, MacDonald, De Wijs, Mazuch (if he ever gets fit), and Burke.

I'd look for a tight game and agree that 1-1 could be the end result, absent any egregious errors. Fingers crossed for at least a point!!

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  3. SydneyTiger14

Feels like the season has come around quickly! Can't wait for the game.

4. CANADATIGER

More game changing errors by Marshall. He needs to be benched immediately. If Adkins does a Phelan and keeps playing him we'll be all but relegated by Christmas. Replace him with Long and Mannion as back up.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  5. SydneyTiger14

Agreed, should give Long a go next game. Is it the Cup next? Perfect chance to have a look at him, and justify his inclusion in the league if he has a good game.

6. SydneyTiger14

We discuss the disappointing loss to Villa, but pick out a number of promising signs from the display. Two matches against the Sheffield clubs are to come, and offer an opportunity to bounce back in convincing fashion. While it was a poor way to start the season, panic buttons shouldn't be pushed just yet.

7. SydneyTiger14

Mitch and I recap the games against the Sheffield clubs, and look ahead to two winnable games against Blackburn and Rotherham. Has Marshall turned a corner? Do we have better depth than we thought?

8. SydneyTiger14

We talk this week about the up and down nature of our performances, our continued fragility defensively, and our latest rumoured dealings in the transfer market:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  9. SydneyTiger14

Logan and I catch up on all the goings on at City with three losses against Stoke and Derby in the league, as well as Derby in the Cup. There were also some moves in the transfer market that caught our eye.

CANADATIGER likes this.
  10. CANADATIGER

After the first ten minutes round-up of the depressing league and cup losses to Stoke and Derby respectively, I thought this was one of your most interesting Podcasts to date Alex. Logan was in great form and I thought his comments on the new signings, Martin, Elphick, and Kane, on Grozicki and Bowen, and on Adkins were excellent.

Its become common on the main board to be critical, even highly critical, of Grozicki, for his lackluster play and attitude in the past season, and with good reason, but as Logan pointed out a re-energized Grozicki is potentially one of the best players in the Championship. In addition, as Logan said, Martin's goal scoring record with Derby, prior to last season, has been excellent and, in combination with a fit and enthusiastic Campbell, could give us a much more potent strike force over the remainder of the season, something we've been sadly lacking. And if young Bowen can rediscover his goal-scoring boots, and Grosicki get back in the mood, there are good reasons for optimism.

I also expect Elphick to start in place of DeWijs alongside Burke on Saturday and stabilize the back four, and with Marshall finally regaining confidence and displaying something of his old Cardiff form, and with Irving and Evandro along with the very promising Batty and Hendricksen providing support from mid-field, along with Kane, the starting line up seems to be shaping up quite nicely.

A home win against a poor Ipswich side on Saturday could mark a turning point in our season, and give some support to the beleaguered Adkins at last. Come on City!!!!!!!

11. SydneyTiger14

Dan and I chat the win against Ipswich, and the less impressive performance against Wigan this morning. Plus, what's your assessment of Adkins so far? We're not sold.

12. SydneyTiger14

I talk Reading, Leeds and Boro with Lauren before remeniscing about the game against Arsenal 10 years ago. How much more of Adkins can we take, and did we just get lucky last season in surviving relegation? Are Leeds there for the taking (Lauren seems to think so!)

13. SydneyTiger14

Better than expected results against Boro and Leeds, as well as potential for a takeover looming on the horizon dominate the episode this week.

14. SydneyTiger14

A big clash this week against Preston, as well as plenty of Takeover news to digest. We discuss what any new owner of the club should be looking to do as a priority to repair the relationship with the fans.

15. SydneyTiger14

We look ahead to three fixtures due to no episode next week, with the Bristol City, Bolton and West Brom fixtures on the horizon. The pair also review the positive performance against Preston despite the result, and bemoan the difficulties the squad are having in the division compared to the squad we had in the Championship under Bruce.

16. SydneyTiger14

Bolton, West Brom, potential takeover, and THAT video..

17. CANADATIGER

Seems to have been quite a while since you fellas posted Alex and I'm curious as to your thoughts on our current resurgence to second in the form table. As I said above in September, amid the then existing gloom, I thought we were close to a turning point and that we had the players to be competitive. What are your thoughts on our prospects for the second half of the season?. Looks like we'll be losing Bowen and Elphick and Irvine (although he'll be back by March), and probably Grosicki. Could be a struggle.

18. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

I know it’s a bit quieter on here these days CT, but are you ok? Talking to yourself?

Well someone had to say it :emoticon-0147-emo:

19. CANADATIGER

Yeah I'm fine. Just wondered why we hadn't heard from our Aussie friends since mid-November LBIA. I enjoyed their weekly Podcasts and am curious why they have ended when we finally have entered on a winning streak. Alex are you and the boys giving up your weekly comments. Irvine has been a great acquisition and definitely one of our best performers. Good luck to Oz in defending their Asian Cup!!

20. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Oh aye, their podcasts were a good listen.