1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tigers Down Under Podcasts

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by SydneyTiger14, Jul 25, 2016.

1. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Thanks once again for your comments! :) I might not have expressed myself very well on the Markovic point, but I was trying to convey that that's all I'd be willing to see us pay, as a combination of what I've seen of him in terms of consistency, as well as what we as a club should be able to afford. I do accept though that Liverpool will be looking for more like the 15m that Logan was suggesting.

CANADATIGER likes this.
  2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

This is England my good man, we don't have 'rosters' here, we have squad lists.

We have boots, not trunks, trainers, not sneakers, bottoms, not fannies, trousers, not pants, crisps, not chips.

These things can lead to all sorts of confusion, wars have started over less.

3. SydneyTiger14

Ah yes, I remember a vigorous discussion about whether it was a "Rotor" or a "Roster" for the household chores when I was living there.

4. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Rota.

5. SydneyTiger14

Ha yeah, that.

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  6. SydneyTiger14

Logan, Dan and I discuss Jak's penalty heroics at Southampton, Shaun Maloney's time at the club, and Sunderland's big part to play in the run-in.

7. SydneyTiger14

Logan and I chat heartbreak against Sunderland, but cause for optimism for the weekend to come. David Marshall is our player of the week, and we discuss the potential goalkeeping situation next season.

8. SydneyTiger14

Well.. relegation hurts. Logan and I try to pick through the pieces. A full recap of the season and a discussion of where to from here will come next week, but for now we look back at what went wrong against Palace, and how we'll finish the season against Spurs.

9. SydneyTiger14

A lot to discuss as we round up the season that was, as well as speculate on incomings and outgoings over the coming months.

10. SydneyTiger14

Back by popular - or maybe unpopular? - demand!

Plenty to talk about over the off-season - from Slutsky's appointment, to an exodus of players, to a slow trickle of incomings. We also give our views on the decision by the club not to offer a streaming option, and express how it impacts supporters from around the globe, before turning to more cheery topics with a preview of the first game of the season.

CANADATIGER and PLT like this.

11. SydneyTiger14

This week we chat escaping Villa with a point, Campbell's dynamic with Hernandez, Larsson's signing, and a first EVER competitive fixture against Burton Albion:

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  12. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

An excellent pre-season discussion Alex...and great to have you back with Logan...and Brad, who I don't remember hearing before. I thought your analysis of our prospective line up and new players was spot on and, writing this after the Villa game, I'm feeling quite confident that despite losing some key players such as Jak, Maguire, Robbo, and Huddlestone...plus all the loanees...Slutsky has assembled a squad that can be competitive this year and even challenge for promotion. I particularly liked your positivity about our attacking options with the addition of Campbell and the continuing progress of Bowen to supplement Hernandez, all of whom can be real scoring threats in the Championship. Anyhow welcome back and I look forward to again hearing all your weekly Podcasts.!!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  13. SydneyTiger14

Thanks for the kind words as always! :)

14. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

Davies didn't have the best header on goal. Villa supporters were complaining about Bruce's very defensive tactics all last season.

Burton aren't prolific scorers but they can keep it tight often and work hard.

On Larsson there are actually question marks from some over his set pieces, maybe he'll prove his doubters wrong we'll have to see.

The Oxford player we are supposedly after seems better at attacking than defending, so like another Robertson.

Unless my memory fails me the Bowen goal was similar to the one against Benfica, he had time to take it down, control and shoot. But he held his nerve well and showed proper technique. Clucas can also be a goal threat. Campbell did well, shame he didn't score at the end of the first half (great chance), but he forced a save at least.

15. SydneyTiger14

Oh we were talking his strike with his boot which is why I was talking about that goal he scored early last Championship season.

Bowen's goal against Villa was on the volley if I'm remembering correctly.

16. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Thanks for another well-rounded discussion with Brad and Dan on the Villa match etc Alex. Just a small criticism to start Alex, for some reason reception of Dan's comments here was very sporadic, delays, background noise (metallic) etc. Also could you turn up your mike as your voice is always much quieter than your guests every week and a bit difficult to hear.

Overall I agree with most of your comments although I think you all may be a little optimistic about the size of the win over Burton who I feel may be more difficult an opponent than you indicate. I'll be happy if we come out with a 2-1 or even 1-0 win over Nigel Cloughs team. I'm more optimistic however about our offense if Campbell stays healthy, and with Hernandez and young Bowen makes the kind of speedy strike force that we haven't seen in quite a while. I have always felt that Grosicki was out of place on the left wing, and said so on here last year, and as we saw last Saturday is much more dangerous on the right. Should we sign Musa, which I believe is a real possibility given his personal relationship with Slutsky, we are going to be hard to stop up front. So looking forward to tomorrow and then the big challenge with Wolves on Tuesday. Seven points from our first three games would be a great start to the season.

17. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

Agreed, just get the win.

18. SydneyTiger14

Thanks! Yeah Dan did drop in and out for some reason, I'll be sure to mention it to him before we record again. As for my Mic, I need to check how to alter the levels, I might need to do that in post production, but thanks for the feedback.

Wolves will absolutely be a big challenge, you're right.

19. SydneyTiger14

Hernandez got his hatty! And Irvine had an eventful game haha.

20. SydneyTiger14

Logan and I chat about an eventful seven days - Burton Albion and Wolves produced mixed results, with a bad injury to Hernandez souring the mood. QPR and Doncaster on the horizon: