1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tigers Down Under Podcasts

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by SydneyTiger14, Jul 25, 2016.

1. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Yes, I thought we were rather critical but even our comments seem pretty mild given what occurred this morning.

Quill likes this.
  2. SydneyTiger14

Lauren and I pick apart the carcass of City's two displays against Wigan and Luton, disappointing for two different reasons. They then speculate on the potential for any sort of result against Cardiff, and the implications of the impending relegation from the Championship not only on the club's future, but the ownership as well.

(PS I'd had a few bourbons by the time this recorded so hopefully doesn't show too much in my angry ramblings)

Quill and hullborn like this.
  3. Quill

Quill Bastard

They are an anger-inducing biscuit, to be fair.

SydneyTiger14 and Des Head like this.
  4. SydneyTiger14

Trying a new thing - a live stream! A couple of guests and myself will be going live in a little over an hour (7.30pm our time, 10.30am your time I believe) so come and join us on Youtube! We'll wrap up the season and answer some questions from Aussie City supporters in our group as well as any live questions people have as well.

5. SydneyTiger14

We'll be going live in half an hour to preview the new season! Join us live if you wish:

Quill likes this.
  6. SydneyTiger14

What a win that was on the weekend! We're back 7pm (AEST) tonight (10am in the UK tomorrow) LIVE to cover the game, look ahead to Leeds in the Cup and Crewe in the League, and round up all City news. Could City have crowds back as soon as this weekend? Come join us live if you can!

7. Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR

Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR Well-Known Member

Did you see the recent 'Hard Quiz' show which featured the guy choosing Leeds FC as his special subject? I recall you auditioned for the show a while ago with your subject being Hull City and were given some reason it did not meet their criteria . If you didn't see the show he lost having reached the final.

8. SydneyTiger14

No but got told about it, fuming!

I have a sense they rejected me because my topic was too 'obscure' (even though we were PL at the time I believe).

Serves him right!

9. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Its been a while since I've tuned in to your Podcasts Alex, but its good to hear (and see) you and Logan providing your well informed and interesting commentary on all things Hull City again.

After todays outstanding win against Leeds I'm looking forward to your views on what must be one of our best performances in quite a while, with a team composed largely of young reserve players and recent signings. Lets hope our first teamers can keep this hugely encouraging start to the season going on Saturday against Crewe. I'll be looking forward to your future Podcasts !!

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  10. SydneyTiger14

Appreciate it! There must have been something in the air as we both thought there was a good chance of getting something against Leeds, so hopefully my feelings regarding a big win against Crewe carry through too!

Thanks for the kind words as always.

11. SydneyTiger14

We're going live in about an hour! Leeds and Crewe victories, Hammers and Northampton previews.

Sir Cheshire Ben and Quill like this.
  12. SydneyTiger14

Join us LIVE starting NOW to round up the last week of action for City as well as look ahead to the game this weekend

Quill likes this.
  13. SydneyTiger14

CANADATIGER and Quill like this.
  14. CANADATIGER

Another excellent analysis Alex from you and Mike. I like the new format. Lets hope we can chalk up a fifth successive shut out win against Fleetwood and move into the No.1 spot in the Division. The teams performance in an entertaining game against a good Plymouth team was the best I've seen in quite a while, and a remarkable turnaround from the clueless and dispirited displays of the first half of this year.

Ingram has made a big difference in goal, Emmanuel has been a revelation at right back, Burke and Jordy are back to their 2019 bests, and Elder has brought stability and an attacking flair to the LB position. Mid-field which was a defensive sieve earlier this year is immeasurably stronger with Honeyman a stand out in every game, and Docherty a major improvement. Adelakun provides an attacking flair with KLP, and a fit Wilks ready to return. On current form we are serious promotion contenders.

Lets hope we can keep it going on Friday !!!

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  15. SydneyTiger14

Thanks for the kind words! Yes I did feel us getting a bit carried away with excitement with talk already of a potential Championship season, but it is hard not to start looking ahead given this start to the season. I think I'd still need to see us take on Sunderland/Ipswich/Lincoln/etc. before I get too confident, but this game against Fleetwood is certainly a good test.

16. SydneyTiger14

Our latest episode; Brad and I discuss the implications of the loss on McCann, what response we need against Wimbledon and Rochdale, and an assessment of Magennis' time at the club:

17. CANADATIGER

Well we came down to earth with a bang against Fleetwood and it was really disheartening to see our defense and mid-field fall apart in the second half after not conceding for four consecutive games. But that's City and 70 years of supporting this frustrating Club should have taught me not to get too optimistic.

I still haven't seen a replay of KLP early "offside" goal but it sounds like a very dubious call and could have had a significant impact on the final result. Not having seen the game makes it difficult to comment on individual players, but there seems a general consensus that Elder and DeWijs were very poor in the second half while McCann once again failed to adapt tactically to some obvious weaknesses.

As far as your Podcast Alex, you as always came through loud and clear with sensible analysis, but much of Brad's commentary seemed to be coming from the bottom of a well and was very muffled, at least on my computer. Difficult to follow. Hopefully Wimbledon and Rochdale will be better. Lets hope the team performance picks up as well and we add a couple of wins against lower level teams.

18. SydneyTiger14

Yes sorry I did notice that as we went along. Before the episode he was testing his audio and it was coming through clear but it sounds like he had some issues with his internet connection so switched to hot spotting on his phone which might have been the cause for the really faint audio from him. Next time I have him on I'll see if he has a headset or something that may help his audio. Thanks for the feedback though!

19. SydneyTiger14

Quill likes this.
  20. SydneyTiger14

Logan and I were back to discuss a great response against Bristol Rovers after a disappointing loss to Peterborough. We discuss George Long's place in the City side and look ahead to a tricky clash with Swindon.

https://anchor.fm/dashboard/episode/elo002