1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic tickets for Burton game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Zenfootball2, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

there has been a thread running on the B & A about the issues some people have had obtaining tickets online and contacting the ticket office by phone, the club have put on there twitter site about this.

i went to the ground no ques £10 for the Carabao cup tie against Burton , tickets available for two stands and as of today 1,000 tickets have been sold.

2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

seems pretty straight forward then, They do find some issues to moan about.

3. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

There was an issue with online ticket sales which the ticket office were not aware of until they were told. So much for finding some issues to moan about. There was never any notification on the web site that tickets were on sale until yesterday and they had been on sale at the ticket office well before that without any publicity whatsoever.

Matster and Zenfootball2 like this.
  4. Zenfootball2

thanks for giving the background history to it ,

5. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Welcome back on here KDS!

Hounded Out By Morons likes this.
  6. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

Only very fleetingly. Not a true forum here if numpties (not in the Shrewsbury section) can hurl abuse at you without recrimination. At least on B & A it is frowned on.

7. Zenfootball2

i am sorry to hear that you have had that experience and hope it does not prevent you from posting in the future

Matster likes this.
  8. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

A worrying evening. Some really good play first half and a fine goal but we gave away another soft goal at a crucial time and lost our shape and belief second half. It was a really soft penalty as both players grabbed each other. I thought Waterfall and Beckles looked OK (and Haynes played really well) but the real problem is the lack of cover for the defence. Gilliead is skilful and fast but often does not track back and Whalley seems to be trying to play everywhere on the pitch. The midfield do not press in packs like we did last year and we do not have that mean side we saw so effectively under Hurst. Norburn passed it well before getting injured and Docherty was impressive going forward. As for the forwards there was little intelligent movement in the box until Angol came on and he was in a couple of promising positions though the right cross never came.
    The side had a distinct shape and a great work ethic last year. This year we look to be a fairly bog standard relegation threatened League 1 side. I know Askey has had a difficult start and needs some time for the players to gel but at the moment we are not doing the basics of defending right and that needs to change very soon. It is a massive game against Blackpool on Saturday.

Matster likes this.
  9. Zenfootball2

we seem to be giving far too many soft goals away,we played well in patches but as against charlton when town went behind we went flat,at times the midfield looked chaotic and more a group of individuals ,really need a midfield boss to get some cohesion going but this team clearly need more time on the training ground to get on each others wavelengths and too get to know who is doing what , where and when.
    docherty , alex , haynes and whalley had good games , no idea why some fans started heckling haynes and alex young players can do without that.

10. greenhousmeadowman

I did not hear any heckling Zen ( I was in the South Stand) though a few people were moaning about the goalkeeper who probably should have done better with the first goal but was OK apart from that. A lot of people are moaning about Sadler being dropped on B and A. Sadler did have a very good year last year but I don't think his exclusion is the big problem at the moment. Let's hope Grant gets fit soon as we badly need an experienced holding midfielder to tighten up the midfield. There are some positives but , as you say, the team needs to start working together better quickly. A few more bad results and more fans will start to question Askey - he really needs a good result. Let's all get behind the lads in the next few games and a win or two will do wonders to get rid of all the negativity.

11. Zenfootball2

i was in block 6 low down and they were above me somwhere
    i completely agree about getting a result the landscape will change after a few points but as you say the longer the run of defeats,then it increases the chance of more fans starting to question askey, however it felt like some fans had some negative views very early on.

12. greenhousmeadowman

Yes Zen I am very surprised by some of the negative posts about Askey on B and A. I think the vast majority of supporters are very fair and willing to give him time (we are only three games in!) .