1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ticket sales so far

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by johnbo, Apr 3, 2014.

1. big vern

big vern Well-Known Member

I applied on line yesterday evening for general sale tickets. I received an e-mail from the club this morning stating I had been allocated the tickets I requested.

2. Mac3

Mac3 Member

Same for me. If it'd been Manchester I'd have been there. As a matter of principle, I don't agree with it. I think playing at Wembley is a privilege and not for semi-finalists (as well as we've done to get there). Very expensive weekend, difficult with work commitments anyway and the prize for winning the semi-final should be a trip to Wembley, not a return to Wembley. However, I also feel guilty about not taking my allocation as a pass holder.

3. Stuart Blampey

Stuart Blampey Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm.

'Not the right venue.'

'Not the right opposition.'

'A dear do.'

'Difficult with work commitments.'

The next time we get this far it will be 2098 if past and current trends repeat themselves.

YOLO ladies.

4. Barmbys_Tan

Barmbys_Tan Well-Known Member

First semi final in years, only our second visit to wembley, a yorkshire derby.
    It's worth the money, at the end of the day, it works out about the same as a trip to Old Trafford/Arsenal etc in the league!

Although maybe IF we get to the final, the fact we was there for the semis' may remove a tiny bit of the special occasion it will be amazing to be sat in wembley again but this time for a FINAL.

City have come far

5. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I bet that happened BECAUSE they went left to right. There's so many rows of seats, and gaps between seats (entrances/exits, barriers, steps etc) at wembley, I bet they had quadruple figures of 'end seats'. It's a 50/50 chance on whether the next group that can fit there is the perfect number to fill what's left.

For example say there's 3 seats left at the end of a row, and a group of 2 was the next group that could fit in the space, they were probably put there instead of waiting for a group of 3 to come along.

That was one of the reasons I could see sense in the way we did our ticketing, they had all passholders applications and the numbers of seats needed for groups ready so they could draw up a plan and fit all the groups together wasting as few 'end seats' as possible.

6. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just thought, they did ours by Stand as well didn't they? So have they grouped our support so within each band all the West Standers are together, all the Family (South) Standers are together, and then all the East Standers are together?

7. Amin Yapusi

Fez - if that post about getting a ticket for you and your wife each wasn't fish bait for a certain couple of posters, a very noble gesture but I think you'd be left empty handed. It will be a monumental amount of luck for any non passholder to get a single ticket as it is, I genuinely think you've more chance at consecutive lottery wins than getting 2 tickets for the final.

There is one way you can do it, however, but it's expensive and involves some substantial risk. I started a thread the other day about tickets on which OLM reported there are bare handfuls of pairs of tickets in club wembley (around 5 or 6 pairs IIRC) starting at around £300 per head.

Now bare this in mind, Arsenal play a day before us and really, they are expected to be in the final. I'd say within 5 minutes of the final whistle (or even mid game if it's evident they've won,ie. 4-0 up with 10 to go) every last one of those tickets will be snapped up faster than a Jack Russell could piss in your shoes.

If you're serious about getting two tickets and you can afford it I'd strongly recommend acting now, if you chance it and wait to see if we get there, you'll probably come up empty handed. Same goes for all who are pinning their hopes on going to the final by a club wembley seat. There's hardly any to go around.

8. Amin Yapusi

Possibly but I don't think so. I ended up having to make two separate applications and one lot of tickets is out on the corner whilst the other is right behind the goal.

I would complain if they did though, I'll whinge a bucket full if I get stuck around a load of wet sand flaskers and tickles types.

9. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Nah, I'd probably give it a miss if I were you.

Not only is it a bad view, but you're stuck with the riff raff.

10. Amin Yapusi

When you couple that with the fact it's only Sheffield United, it's a no brainer really.

11. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I think they processed tickets by Price Band > Stand > Surname.

So in effect, there will be small pockets of same 'standed' people around you.

12. Amin Yapusi

Can't have done. 2 applications from me are miles apart.

13. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

I am pretty certain they didn't. My surname begins with B and i was one of the last to get a confirmation email.

14. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

How/why you applied twice?

15. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

For some of us, it is, Reg. Especially if we get through and have to do it all again soon after.

16. Amin Yapusi

Long story but someone's circumstances changed after I sent the initial application luckily we had another pass we hadn't had to use te first time so could send another application.

17. Amin Yapusi

I get that, but if we don't get through, you'll be kicking yourself for missing it.

I think if I was in such a situation I'd pull out all the stops to do it as cheaply as possible, live a little tighter for a month and find a way to scrounge to do it again.

Guess if we get through and you then get to enjoy the final in full splendour complete with a right royal piss up et al it would be a good gamble paid off though.

18. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

Anyone on here in 110 ?

I hope I'm not sat amongst loads of west standers .

:)

19. ....

.... Well-Known Member

you didn't include the east riding which has the base for the macmillan nurses in this region .. there are a LOT of hard working ladies and lads who do there all for this charity .. castle hill wont let them in as its a different trust .. politics mate but don't disregard what I see daily and the hard work they do ... sorry for rant

20. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

...said

Without my Burnley supporting Mac Nurse I wouldn't be here.
    Been a rock since June 2008.
    Even took me to Citys last 4 home games in second season in premier league.
    Just so I got to see City in Premier league.

( never thought we would get back )

Would love to help with a fund raiser Fez BUT can't think of much I can do.

A good Mac Nurse is priceless

PS.....Fez was just suprised that only 3 are based at castle hill . I never realised that either .