1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ticket sales so far

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by johnbo, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

That's a given.

I'm not going, and neither are a few others I know. It's all down to it being at Wembley. I can't afford to; on top of the ticket price, there's transport, grub and booze, and you're not gonna get much - if any - change out of £100 for the day. Then all the ****ing about getting to and from London. If it had been at Manchester or Villa Park or somewhere I probably would've gone, but it's just wrong having it at Wembley for these practical/logistical reasons, as well as the fact that it's just wrong in principal and devalues the final.

I'll be going in the pub to watch it then hopefully staying there to celebrate.

Of course, the real beauty of this approach is that, if we win, I'll still be able to see City at Wembley in the final; if we lose...... well, I'll be ****ing glad I didn't go anyway!

Blades fans won't be thinking along those lines of course, and with good reason; they know they're underdogs and won't be expecting another chance to go to Wembley. They've probably got a bigger fan base than us anyway.

Yeah, it will be embarrassing if we don't sell our allocation, and I do feel a bit guilty about that, but putting fuel in the car, paying the bills and feeding the kids has got to come first :(

2. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

So you may want a ticket for your wife and you'd like to raise some funds for Macmillan.

You could say it's a MACMILLAN and WIFE* thread.

where's me coat.

*only those of a certain age will understand

3. twofootedtackle

look lads im sure you will shift 28k plus and added to that 32k from sheffield plus neutrals it will be a great yorkshire day .no gloating a bout ticket sales from the blades ,you will sell what you sell simple .leave attendences to our bitter near city rivals the fowls

4. Totty

Totty New Member

I would rather have 10,000 proper fans going than 32,000 just because it's wembley

5. twofootedtackle

well im sure 20k of each our fans will be proper fans ,you allways get the day trippers

6. Barmbys_Tan

Barmbys_Tan Well-Known Member

Blades had 2,500 left on Sunday. Most were single seats.

Do you think either team would have sold so many if it hadn't of been a Yorkshire derby?

I personallly probably would have waited for the final if it had of been Wigan/Arsenal.

7. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

I shall be there!!!! :biggrin:

8. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

OT

Only 3 Mac Nurses in Hull...Bloody hell I'm sure there's more then that in Scarborough based at St Catherine's...mind you it covers as far as Whitby Area

Mac Nurses are fantastic to say the least.

Hope you manage to get tickets for the Final Fez if we get there.

9. Barmbys_Tan

Has anyone read any of the comments on the facebook page?
    this is my favourite
    ''Graeme HullCity I'm not going because its only Hull City v Sheffield United. I might go to the final if we are playing Arsenal''

10. Stuart Blampey

Stuart Blampey Well-Known Member

Could have sworn I just heard Mudbank say 25k sold.

We're massive.

No plebby hysteria about the Twin Towers that one finds in the lower league clubs.

A staggered orderly take up of tickets that takes into account our ticket holders.

Don't forget Sheffield don't have many passholders- all their brass spent on greasy chip butties and ****ty Magnet.

11. Stuart Blampey

Stuart Blampey Well-Known Member

FACSFs only come round once every 84 years- **** the opposition, why does it make a difference, ffs?

It's a landmark game for our club with a chance to make it to the Final of the oldest and mist prestigious cup competition on the planet.

12. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'll be amazed if he is if he's not also a season ticket holder. Where's he going to pick up his 2 games to qualify if he can't even be arsed to go to Sheff U just because it's only Sheff U. (at least my excuse is I can't afford both rather than I can't be arsed with one.

I do like might go if it's Arsenal though. So if it's Wigan he's not going to go to see us possibly win the FA Cup for the first ever time, because we wouldn't be beating a big club to do it. <laugh>

13. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

Some good points there, Polly.

The fact it's at Wembley does take the sheen off the achievement.

I'm not knocking Sheff Utd's fanbase (if any Blades are reading this). If they sell their allocation, that's great. The more the merrier. They're a decent club and will be out of league 1 soon.

I'd personally rather go to this than any of the other away matches in the league.

It's our first semi final int he cup since 1929/30, you;d have thought this, and the last round v Sunderland, for that matter, would have had a bigger crowd.

14. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Seriously, why would you allow that to happen when you were selling tickets for this game? Who doesn't sell left to right through each block or some other systematic way like that? Has someone actually been sat there in their ticket office selling tickets thinking to themselves "you want two seats, well there's people in those 3 seats and then 4 empty next to them before the end of the aisle, so I'll put you in the middle 2 and leave 2 single seats on that row".

15. Barmbys_Tan

They only have 'a few' seats together in the lowest price band according to their website.
    Unless they allowed fans to choose their own seats, i dont understand like you why they would have let so many go empty

16. desfrog

desfrog Well-Known Member

I only applied for one, don't live in Hull and none of the Florist or Less a fans I know wanted one

17. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

I've only applied for one as my son can't go. I don't live in Hull and no-one else I knew here wanted to go. Why would they? Everybody I know in Hull is sorted. I don't care who we are playing, it's the first semi final in my lifetime and I want to be there. I sent off the form yesterday but have heard nothing. Has anyone else heard anything who applied yesterday?

18. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

I love City!!!! While I was on here complaining, they sent me an e-mail saying I'd got the ticket I asked for! Do you think they read this site?

19. Barmbys_Tan

A friend of mine applied by form yesterday and heard back this morning.
    I applied this afternoon and have ha nothing yet

20. Cillit Bang

Cillit Bang Active Member

Yes