1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ticket Chat - FA Cup Semi Final

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Cortez91, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

See page 42 for a recap of all of the pages up to that point for new readers.

2. Quill

Quill Bastard

Priority will likely go to those who have been to cup games already this season.

3. TIGERHULL

TIGERHULL Active Member

I hope passes get priority. I've had a pass ten years and have one while I'm at uni and lend it out when I'm not at home, but haven't been able to make an FA cup game yet. I know people who've been to just the FA cup against Brighton at home and that's their only game in the last few seasons, would be harsh if they got a ticket over pass holders.

4. Quill

Quill Bastard

I think a lot of season pass holders make up those who have been to the cup games, probably at least 80%.

Next on the priority before general sale would be season pass holders, and considering each team gets between 35k and 40k, I don't think you'll have to worry.

5. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

https://twitter.com/hullcityteam - the date we play (the Saturday or Sunday) should be confirmed tomorrow.

Ticket details later in the week.

Priority should be (in my opinion):
    + Pass holders (who've attended FA Cup games this season) - say 2-3 days on sale.
    + Remaining pass holders - rest of the first week on sale.
    + Non-pass holders (who've attended FA Cup games this season) - 2-3 days
    + General Sale

6. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

7. Quill

Quill Bastard

8. steverico

steverico Well-Known Member

Not even 50% of pass holders bothered to turn out for Brighton and 5,000 were missing today, Allam should have prioritised those non pass holders who attended the Brighton and Sunderland games that would be fair

9. StevensonKieran

Usually teatime games are they not? Based on last year: Sat 17:30 & Sunday 16:00

10. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

One thing with this is i have been to every single cup game, however my dad's bought the tickets and so the history is probably on his season ticket which is personally a bit harsh on me if i have to wait until the second lot.

11. Aire

Aire Member

I was at work. **** me, right?

12. originalminority

originalminority Well-Known Member

We shouldn't assume current passholders are our greatest supporters, quite a few thousand are Premier League only day trippers, likewise hundreds of real supporters don't hold passes this season due to reasons of finance and working/living away from Hull.

Sadly the club retains no supporter history so it will have to be prioritised on current passholders.

13. TheRonster

TheRonster Member

.Wigan & Millwall got 31800 each last year. Wigan sent 10000 back unsold and the FA created a neutral zone.

14. originalminority

originalminority Well-Known Member

I'm a passholder but got my Brighton tickets in different seats so the club do not know I attended.

If we had a marketing manager at the club then they would have given Wembley vouchers with all FA Cup tickets, these should have gone on sale first, then passholders, then general sale. Wembley vouchers might have drawn another thousand out today.

15. Quill

Quill Bastard

You do realise for the Brighton game all seats were on open sale, don't you?

16. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Those dates/times on BBC aren't decided. They're simply in order of how the fixtures came out the hat. Google says the same as BBC but are both are, I believe, wrong. Certainly with suggesting they're kicking off at 3:00pm on Saturday (only the FA Cup final is exempt from that European rule).

I've posted a few broadcasting bits and bobs in the past from a few sources I have here and there (although I think I've gone un-noticed :p ). The same sources are suggesting this to me.

Saturday 12th April - Arsenal Vs Wigan - Live on ITV
    Sunday 13th April - Hull City Vs Sheffield United - Live on BT Sport

For anybody wanting to know the thinking behind this, here goes. ITV get first pick and they want to use their pick on the Saturday (in this case showing Arsenal Vs Wigan). This is because the Saturday has no direct competition from any other football where as the Sunday goes directly head to head with Sky's Super Sunday selection of Liverpool v Man City and Swansea v Chelsea. Of course you'd expect more people to watch a free ITV channel but that Super Sunday will split their audience to some degree on the Sunday so ITV will simply let BT Sport worry about that.

This isn't concrete and my sources could simply be wrong. They've not let me down so far but let's see tomorrow when it's officially confirmed.

17. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

I would not worry to much 30,000 is more than enough but if we got to the final then i think its reduced

18. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

It wasn't that long ago both semi finals were played on a Saturday at 3pm.

Think it only changed after 1989 (Hillsborough disaster). Although, without the disaster, it'd deffo changed soon after anyway with the increased televisuals.

19. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

This is looking most likely.

20. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

ow, was hoping i wouldn't wake up hungover on the morning of the game