1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Thursday 21st. Feb. 2019

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Feb 20, 2019.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Thursday's Meetings

Sedgefield
    N/H 7 Races 1:35-5:00p.m.
    Thurles
    N/H 7 Races 2:00-5:25p.m.
    Huntingdon
    N/H 6 Races 2:15-5:10p.m.
    Southwell
    A/W 6 Races 2:25-5:20p.m.
    Meydan(UAE)
    Dirt&Turf 6 Races 2:30-5:25p.m.
    Wolverhampton(E)
    A/W 7 Races 5:05-8:10p.m.
    Chelmsford(E)
    A/W 6 Races 5:50-8:25p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races

Racing Post
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  2. Grade One

Grade One Well-Known Member

Morning

3.25 Huntingdon-Thounder

Each Way @ 9-1 [Bet Victor] 4 places

Only CD Winner in the race

3. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

I’m Opposing you with Celtic Joy l 5/1 , emma lavelles horses are running very well. , handicap debut for this one , been running well in novice hurdles including at this track , i may do a r/f with yours as a saver!

Grade One likes this.
  4. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

And I'm opposing you Rudey. I've had to go with our old favourite, The Knot Is Tied

rudebwoy likes this.
  5. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Sedgefield

17,00 Invisible Clouds 7/2

6. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Skipped lunch today as nothing on the menu appealed. Had a bag of Haribo Colorado instead. 9/10.

Interesting story here - trainers boycotting 2 races on Lingfield's Saturday card in protest at the lack of prize money.

7. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Haribo what?

8. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

All those entries for Angel's Breath then have wittled away to just 1 - Saturday's 'Dovecote'. Will he or won't he, people?!?

9. OddDog

Staff Member

I don't know what they are called in the UK Nass, here in Germany they are Colorado. Basically licquorice allsorts with some guummi bears chucked in. Most tasty.

10. OddDog

Staff Member

Gordon Elliot has entered just the 26 horses in the Martin Pipe <doh>

11. jumpsfan

jumpsfan Well-Known Member

huntingdon,2 50:

anytime will do and chapparal prince may have achieved more so far in terms of form,but i wouldnt underestimate the bailey horse HES NO TROUBLE here.he ran quite well for a long way on his rules debut at warwick,and that was a pretty hot contest.so,with this shorter trip probably in his favour,he can go well today..

Ste D likes this.
  12. jumpsfan

jumpsfan Well-Known Member

nice start for me today.did it well from the front..

thurles,3 40:

CASTLE NORTH has some questions to answer on what he has achieved so far this season,but his bumper form from last season isnt too shabby,so a race of this nature should be well within his grasp..

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  13. Grade One

Grade One Well-Known Member

3rd

Unlucky not to land the gamble after two serious mistakes

rudebwoy likes this.
  14. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

At Meydan there is an interesting runner in Wootton in the 4.50 Race.

This colt absolutely hosed up on his 2YO debut despite wandering right across the track. Bought by Godolphin, he quickened well to land his second race easily and was entered in several Guineas races. I was hoping he would transfer to Charlie Appleby but he stayed with Alex Pantalll in France and he won his Guineas trial in France narrowly from Olmedo.

In the French Guineas Wootton seemed to bolt on his jockey coming into the home straight and his run petered out as he finished 4th to Olmedo, who reversed form from the trial race. The season didn't pan out for Wootton after that but he was a very exciting horse as a 2YO and they have moved the horse to Chrlie Appleby now.

I can't say I am a fan of Alex Pantall and if Wootton has matured he may be worth a chance to fulfil early promise.

Century Dream was solid last year and probably improved about 7 lbs but his winning form is at a lower level and while he may be up to this I doubt he has much more to come aged five and after 17 starts.

I'll give Wootton a try at 11/4.

Mythical Magic is solid in the betting but he hasn't won since he was 2YO and is slightly lower in the ratings than the best here.

15. Grendel

Sweet Jesus, talk about non-triers. Wootton was never put in that race. Dawdling about at the back in a hopeless position before late headway into 4th place.

Century Dream was beatable as I had felt he might be but that seemed blatant training in public today with Wootton, he never had a prayer from that ride.

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just watched the race. Couldn't see much of the last furlong but looked as though he ran up the back of two horses before being switched to the rail from where he had no chance of coming through. Switched outside and ran on gaining hand over fist. If the owner/trainer was hoping he would win I suspect they weren't too happy with that ride. Worth keeping an eye on

rudebwoy likes this.
  17. Grendel

He was too far out the back all the way Ron. It was a poor ride compounded by poor choices.

The race reports I have read simply comment that he was never placed to challenge.

The replay can be seen here:-

http://dubairacingclub.com/node/4776?source=videos

In the wrong place with far too much to do and then running up the arse of everything in front before making the wrong choice to head up the rails it was embarrassig to watch really. It was a masterclass of how to make sure a horse would not win a race though.

Not much will be said but imagine the favourite in a Classic getting a ride like that and how much fuss would then be kicked up.

That's the way it works though. A jockey gets praised for winning on a mount Theresa May could have won on but nothing is said when they ride like they have never sat on a horse before. Feeble effort from the saddle there.

18. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I watched it on ATR but it was the same video with just the first 2 being shown most of the last furlong. Appleby 1st, 3rd and 4th with the other Godolphin runner setting the pace and then the fav being kept away from the rails. Buick is my fav flat jockey and he won it by 3l. Wooton would have definitely got second; difficult to say if he would have got past the easy winner but not inconceivable by any means