1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Thursday 19th. April 2018

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Grade One

Grade One Well-Known Member

Morning

Day out at Cheltenham

Bets are

2.40-Midnight Target @ 6-1
    5.35-Definittelyoscar @ 7-2 & Tashunka @ 9-1 & Zarocco @ 11-1

1pt win on each [Total Stakes of 4pts]

2. Hawkward

Hawkward Active Member

2.50 Ripon SHES DIFFERENT .7/2 with 10Bet, 10/3 Bet365, otherwise 3/1. Was 5/1. This is fav and blue right across Oddschecker
    The owner (in Ireland) strongly advised a punt. W/D

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  3. Bib Fortuna's Maw

Bib Fortuna's Maw Well-Known Member

Oscar Rose and Jenny at Cheltenham

A treble of Surya, Le Brivido and Roaring Lion at Newmarket.

Best of luck Stick

4. Kodiac's Front

Kodiac's Front Active Member

Place only market still paying better than even money on Definitelyanoscar.

Call me a coward, but in the absence of Sticks bumper wisdom it looks a pretty good bet to me.

5. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Very decent looking mares bumper that one at Cheltenham with most of the top UK yards represented. Winning this under a penalty would be a significant performance so Definitelyanoscar will have her work cut out. One I like the look of for a e/w dabble is David Pipe's Mechelen down at the bottom of the card. She gets a nice bit of weight for age and finished a fine 2nd on debut to Cedar Valley, who went on to finish a respectable 10-length 9th in the Grade 2 mares bumper at Aintree last week.

6. Auroras_encore

Auroras_encore Active Member

Think jennys surprise wins this with maybe sheneedetherun a slight threat because of the Weight she carries but even then I can't see her beating jenny, best of luck lads

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

7. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Good luck with Jenny, El Sticko. I will give her a break today by leaving the weight of my money off her back as I think she might be up against it to give weight away to a couple of her rivals.

Hopefully Ivory perseveres with Eirene in pattern company (I did her Tote place as I had also been tipped the runner-up). It may be that she just does not like Newmarket as her two runs there look like her worst two efforts; or it may be that she does not stay a stiff 7 furlongs.

The Craven Stakes would appear to be a cakewalk for Roaring Lion if the bookies are to be believed; however, as The Pentagon did nothing for the Racing Post Trophy form and Gosden’s colt has shown a tendency to hang left, I do not concur. I liked Masar when he won the Solario Stakes and his subsequent third in the Lagardère does not look so bad after runner-up Olmedo’s second in the Prix Fontainebleau. The problem is his dismal showing on dirt at Meydan a month ago and he is not the yard’s only runner. There are a couple of lightly-raced ones that could be a fly in the ointment if the two principles both fluff their lines.

Newmarket has been a watching brief this week. I expect the Nell Gwyn winner, Soliloquy, will be added to the 1000 Guineas as it looks wide open this year with punters already having to gamble on whether Ballydoyle runners need their first run.

Newbury on Saturday also looks disappointing, with Expert Eye odds-on against a field of mostly exposed colts in the Greenham and Gavota favoured in the Fred Darling based on pattern-placed juvenile efforts.

8. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

RIP Our Duke <peacedove>

9. OddDog

Staff Member

Sad news reebs - rip. What happened? Gallops?

Cheltenham looking fantastic today, hardly recognisable from that bog a few weeks ago.

10. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Heart attack after his gallops this morning. Tragic, and relatively young too

11. OddDog

Staff Member

Christ I reckon that's the best jump I've ever seen at the last at Cheltenham - well done Midnight Target <applause>

12. gingerninja

gingerninja Well-Known Member

Best of luck stick I'm in santSantoso no euros of mine weighting her down mate ;)

13. gingerninja

gingerninja Well-Known Member

Best of luck stick I'm in Santorini so no euros of mine weighting her down mate ;)

14. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

A month after a soggy and cold festival Stick's race is abandoned due to the heat <doh>. Good ol British weather. The other races still scheduled to run though. Bizarre with a capital B.

ChelseaCOE2012 and rudebwoy like this.
  15. Ekbalco99

Ekbalco99 Well-Known Member

Jenny’s race ABANDONED - rest of card to run to plan - seems its deemed too hot for 3.25 mikevrace followingvthe death of an exhausted horse earlier today ... hmmm

16. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

just caught up with this , wow. lots of connections bound to be hacked off ......

17. OddDog

Staff Member

Stick will have the bumper winner to cover his costs <ok>

24°C the official BBC forecast - with foresight they might have cancelled the whole day? Interesting question really, how warm can it be for a NH programme before it gets dangerous for the horses?

18. ChelseaCOE2012

ChelseaCOE2012 Well-Known Member

It's strange because the rest of the card is going ahead, that's what I can't understand

19. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Summer jump racing must have taken place in temps exceeding today's mid 20s.

20. OddDog

Staff Member

That's what I was thinking - seems a bit of an over-reaction and when you look at poor old stick, flown over from Spain for the meeting, probably the last race for the mare in his part-ownership, and they have right royally pissed on his chips. Poor show really, can't believe those temperatures are dangerous for the horses, especially if the jockeys show some common sense and don't go a mad gallop. They'd never abandon the Grand National for hot weather.

Chaninbar likes this.