1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thuds and Livermore

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Diddy, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Diddy

Diddy Member

Tiger fan in peace

So who do you think of our signings? You boys know a lot more about them than us. Personally - and I think most city fans agree - I'm ecstatic!

2. Wandering Yid

Wandering Yid Well-Known Member

You should be - they're easily mid-table standard midfielders.

Hudd is one of the best passers in the league, you'll discover that very quickly. Livermore needs some serious game time if he's ever going to get to our level so I'm glad he's been allowed out instead of sitting on our bench.

I had Hull to go down this year but with these two you've got a very good chance of survival, especially if Graham and Boyd get in the goals.

3. Diddy

Diddy Member

Aluko is the one to watch for us. He's our major talent and will attract the attention of others quite quickly.

We've needed a ball winner and someone who can unlock teams with passes for a while and we've got that now

4. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

They'll probably compliment each other well as Thudd, bless him can't really move very fast and Livermore can only really run.

OK I'm being a bit simplistic haha. They'll do well for you guys I think, Hudd is a very classy player as WY has said, don't expect much from him defensively but if you get the right players around him to help him out with that aspect of the game and to make some forward runs for him to hit with passes then you'll have a solid midfield unit that deserves far more than relegation.

Good luck, when you're not playing us. Beating Arsenal is encouraged.

5. Diddy

Diddy Member

We're hoping a repeat of the first season when we were in the prem last time is on the cards when we did over the gunts before beating you at WHL, though I suspect you'd be happy for us to not repeat that result this time round!

6. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

I wish we'd kept Hudd. He's about as good a long passer as there is. Unfortunately, his lack of speed and agility are serious drawbacks. Livermore works very hard and may yet prove to be a good PL starter, but he hasn't quite been good enough to play regularly over here. If I were a Hull fan I'd be ecstatic as well. Hopefully you'll work out how to take advantage of what Hudd gives you and protect him with players like, well, Livermore.

7. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

THudd is class. He just needs someone to push/encourage him. Hopefully Steve Bruce will be the right man. If he plays at his best and stays injury free he is easily England material. He can change a game (see Spurs v Man City last season). Tom will always get a warm welcome when he comes back to play at the Lane, even if he comes back to haunt us.

Livermore always gives 100%. If Caps were awarded for effort he'd already have 50. He is also our lucky charm, when we are losing and we bring him on we always seem to score. It never appears to be directly related to him but he changes something. He reads a game well and one day will make a good captain, he leads by example. I wouldn't be sad to see him on the Spurs team sheet every week. However, a run of games for Hull might just do him the world of good. Good luck for the coming season, I had you down for relegation but with those two mid table should be achievable.

8. Diddy

Diddy Member

I understand why people see us as relegation fodder due to us coming up last year. Think we'll surprise a few teams this year. There really isn't much difference between top teams in championship and PL teams from about 10th down.

Really hope you get in top 4 this year, preferably at expense of the gunts. Other than stoke, I can think of another PL team that I hate more.

9. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

Thudd will win you games IMO, if you have someone to put the goals away (graham).

Afforded time, which you do get against mid-lower teams sometimes he can pull teams apart and dictate. Was a key member of the squad that came 4th the first time (I think) and had a good partnership with, I think, modric

Livermore isn't at our level for midfield, but then we have a LOT of midfielders. He's a good defensive md, can tackle, run all day, works hard and is decent in the air too. With a licence to go forward could also do damage, looked ok and got a goal or 2 (1 against barca in a preseason) when suck opportunity arrived.

You should be very happy, as should Cardiff with caulker, we are very generous, lol