1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Three seasons six half seasons.

Discussion in 'Doncaster' started by Dave Sargeant, May 23, 2011.

1. Dave Sargeant

Dave Sargeant Member

We have now had three full seasons in the championship. Split into halves it comes out something like this. BAD, Great. Good, Good, very good, BAD. I know injuries played their part this season and an alleged dressing room bust up last Christmas/New year. Wonder what next season will bring.:azn:

2. Extra Time Spike

We'll have to wait and see but fingers crossed we don't get the injuries we had this season. If the season had carried on how it started we would have been up there near the play offs now. There will be a few comings and goings over the summer so I'm hoping for some improvement in the team with players that are not injury prone.

3. Dave Sargeant

Dave Sargeant Member

Late goals ( against ) seem to be an ongoing problem for us. Is it so hard to concentrate for 90/95 minutes or is our defence/team just too small?

4. Alexmyhero

Alexmyhero New Member

Hi Spike,
    With your incredible knowledge and ability do you know what has happened to na606? Has someone attacked the site? It has number of bad things on the usage side but most of the boys have gone that way it seems a pity it has gone down. I can remember that you said that this could happen and it has.
    Alex

5. Alexmyhero

Alexmyhero New Member

Hi Spike,
    Yes you were right ja606 proved to be a site easy to attack. Apparently the police are investigating the attack, DDOS, and are now looking at other owners of sites that are in competition with ja606, have you any ideas on how to sort it out?

6. Extra Time Spike

While ever they are using cheap software they are going to be vulnerable Alex unless they spend a lot on making it secure. I've heard lots of rumours of why the site has gone down but nothing definite, there has been speculation that it may not even be an attack of any sort but system overload, poor setting up of the site and even the beeb for copyright reasons, as I said lots of rumours.

Sorry Alex but I don't know what is wrong so don't know how to sort it out without looking at the whole system.

Extra-time has had attacks directed at it but we have systems in place to prevent them having any effect, up to now, but the idiots that do this kind of thing are getting more and more savvy as to how to break into secure systems and the only solution is to keep a couple of steps ahead of them.

I don't come onto this site often, usually to say hello to Dave, so if you want to contact me it would be quicker if you go to extra time because I'm always on there.

Good luck.

7. Extra Time Spike

Alex also remind people again not to put any sensitive data onto the site, not even there name or regular e-mail address. I know I did warn everybody before you went over but some may have forgotten.

8. Extra Time Spike

While I'm on here hi Dave hope you are keeping well. It looks likely that the weather is going to turn for the better so plenty of chances to visit a few reserves and go for the country walks, especially as not much is happening on the football front. I'm hoping to get to the Brecon Beacons this weekend to see what's happening up there.

Good luck and take care.

9. Dave Sargeant

Dave Sargeant Member

Extra Time Spike - Hi, Went out this morning but did not see much in the bird line, some nice flowers though. Got a couple of good shots of goats in a sanctuary we walked through. Hope you see something in the Beacons should be nice there this time of year. Tried to get back on Extra Time, either name is wrong or password think user name as pass is auto.

All quiet on Rovers front no offers for anyone in the last couple of weeks. Is SOD now the championships longest serving coach?

10. Extra Time Spike

Your user name is the same as on here. Your name.

Yes SOD is now the longest serving championship manager and the only thing I've found relating to Donny is a few friendlies we are likely to be having which I have posted on ET.

I'll let you know if I see anything in the Beacons.

11. Dave Sargeant

Dave Sargeant Member

Saw that - First game against Armthorpe, my home village, great challenge that is. Date 6th July our wedding anniversary. On the same date in 1938 thirty two nations met at Evian to try to find a solution to the Jewish situation in Germany, no agreement. Some years ago I wrote a poem about it.

We saw our first and only Dotteral in the beacon area in the late 80s early90s, the last place it should have been, watched it for over an hour.

I have tried my name on Extra time, tried my usual password, even attempted to re register. If I can find forgotten password will try that.

Just seen forecast. May not be brilliant in Wales, could be wind and rain. Don't fall into the hands of the SAS training squads.

12. Extra Time Spike

Dave I'll sort out removing your old membership as that may be stopping you from re-registering. So if you try a new registration tomorrow it should go through ok.

You are lucky, I've never seen a Dotterel in real life. One of the few birds where the female has brighter plumage than the male.

Don't worry I'll have my wife with me and the SAS would be no match for her. lol

Take care.

13. Extra Time Spike

Dave use your e-mail address as your log in name to log in.