1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thoughts on Amos to date

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Blaknamberblood, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Ok... to kick it off I know the young lad lacks experience hence why he is here, but I am beginning to think this lad treats a football a wee bit like a hot potato, it seems his handling needs to improve especially from shot stopping, and his decision making is awful at times, coming rushing out to try to deal with crosses or long balls then finding himself in no mans land. Should we perservere, or look elswhere. I personally would look elsewhere, I`m aware we have him on a season long loan, but do we have the otpion of returning him if it isn`t working out ???

2. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

He's ****. Scarier than mcshane at centre back wearing a blindfold and wielding a katana.

3. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

FFS, Give and Cut Amos some slack. All keepers make mistakes but overall Amos is doing well.

The lad in goal for Arsenal last night did not look good enough for sunday league football for most of the game.
    Amos is not at Man Utd for nowt.

4. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

He seems ok, but he's certainly no Mannone. He made some cracking saves earlier in the season, but he seems to fumble a hell of a lot and (if somebody could research this) he seems to get beaten by nearly every shot on target outside the box. His distribution is getting better, but he still holds the ball for far too long and when you have the pace for a counter attack, you need to use it. I'd have given Jakupovic a chance a bit sooner, but then it's that catch 22 of having faith in somebody and not dropping them.

I don't rate him that highly, but I'd like to think he'll get better as the season goes on.

5. Putter65

Putter65 Active Member

he's poor. We need somebody better !

6. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I think he's very under-rated.

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Jury still out for me.

No doubt he's made some mistakes, but he's made some good saves too.

His distribution has improved, he's still very inexperienced, so I expect him to grow during the season.

I'm still a bit nervous, he's no Gulacsi, but he's no Mannone either, I just hope he ends up closer to the latter.

8. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

I think we have more immediate needs than a new keeper.

9. Hull City Wok Tiger

Hull City Wok Tiger Active Member

I'd like to see Jakupovic given a chance soon, I play him in Fifa and he's great! Seriously though I think Amos has done well for a complete rookie, Man U's goalie coaches are right up there because of the problems they have had with keepers in the past and he only lacks games- two months in is a bit early to judge a goalie, he's nowhere near as bad as Gulacsi obviously was. Can't see Amos making it at Man U though with de Gea and Lindegaard pretty solid.

10. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

You can stop the conversation there, for my liking.

How the hell does FIFA realistically determine whether a player is good or bad?

I can't stand hearing who we should sign based on the top goal scorer on someones FIFA or football manager.

Amos won't make it in the premier league or at United and that's why he's playing in the championship. Fergy is getting rid of his dead wood. He's still better than anything we had remaining at the club after Manone left.

11. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

Personally think he has done okay. The odd mistake, but thats just goalkeepers in general.

12. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

He hasn't really made a big mistake. The biggest thing I'd say he's done wrong was coming off his line at Bristol and getting nowhere when they ended up hitting the bar. Apart from that I think he's been really good. The goal against Blackpool was easy to blame him for but he was put in an impossible position by his defenders (flavour of the month McShane of course) and had to make a split second decision where he couldn't possibly win.

Jakupovic hasn't even made the bench for us all season. Bruce obviously doesn't rate him and I think Oxley has more chance of getting a game since he's been beating Elden to the bench spot.

13. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I think we should have Gangnam Style as our goal music because it sounds good on the game, Just Dance 4. :afro:

14. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

There's a few things which haven stood out like coming off his line at Bristol, coming off his line against Blackpool was it? Spilling the ball for Middlesbrough's second. But they are mistakes and can happen to anybody and I think he's done ok so far.

15. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

would any of you ****ers take Boaz back if offered the chance?

16. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I'd rather have an experienced keeper. I don't rate Amos, he's never far from making a mistake or presenting a goal scoring opportunity. He doesn't seem to actually make many saves, I bet his shots to saves ratio isn't very high versus other keepers in this league - therein lies the problem - a key position - which we have a real weakness in.

17. tigers40

tigers40 Well-Known Member

Amos lacks experience but overall has done pretty well at City so far. Of course most would have prefered Mannone, but remember he was prone to the odd mistake as well, some of you are conveniently forgetting that. The only way Amos is going to get better is to play at this level. He will do for me on what Ive seen so far.

18. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Forgetting of course that 'learning' at this level is fine, except when you have aspirations of promotion. I haven't checked the other teams currently in the top 6 - who else has a loan goalkeeper? Leicester, Cardiff, Palace don't.

19. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Jakupovic has been injured, as soon as he was available(Brizzle) he went straight onto the bench and Oxley was shipped out on loan.

20. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Bullshit. Sergio Aguero was top scorer on my football manager. Would you turn your nose up?