1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread This was not

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by koskikabow, Feb 28, 2015.

1. koskikabow

koskikabow Active Member

the kind of fare Stoke were hoping for three days before next season's cards go on sale. It has to be said it was a game of little skill from Stoke against a Hull side completely devoid of skill , which was ruined anyway by the ref. and his helpers who will score marks out of ten no higher than those of Hull.
    Fans who are iffing and arring whether to invest in next season will not be racing down to the Brit. on Tuesday , they will wait a bit longer to see if there is any improvement in squad quality.

Nevertheless , I am a Stokie , and that means I will renew come what may. The six points from the last two games were much needed in our attempt to become a recognised top ten team , and I admit to having real doubts about our future after the no-show at Blackburn. A number eight spot in the EPL could mean a place in the Europa Cup ; at the moment we are just below Swansea ( eighth ) and WHU ( ninth ) both of whom we have to visit. If we can do a number on those two , who knows ? , we might achieve our highest finish in the Prem.
    Stephen Ireland has now joined the wounded as our fit squad numbers dwindle. I might sound like a broken record but surely we will have to strengthen in the summer ; the money must be available. We cannot expect to pick up almost free gems like Bojan again. Free transfers almost by definition cannot be along-term solution. Wollschied for example , although he played ok today , his lack of pace is alarming.
    Gotta go now the dinner gong has sounded. UP THE POTTERS :emoticon-0152-heart

2. jowlermonkey

jowlermonkey Well-Known Member

I hope we miss out on Europe if I'm honest, we haven't got the squad we would need and I could see our league form suffering for it. Not happy about Ireland do we know how long he will be out for I heard he needed a fair few stiches.

3. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This seems to be our season to be blighted with injuries, hopefully it's just bad luck and nothing to do with the age of our squad or the number of games some of our core players have had to play.

4. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

I am not going to day a word.

5. jowlermonkey

jowlermonkey Well-Known Member

I can't remember a season that we have been safe with so many matches left to play.

6. ProudPotter

ProudPotter Well-Known Member

That's progress JM

zozozela likes this.
  7. zozozela

zozozela Active Member

There have been other seasons where we've pretty much secured our safety early on but then we've dropped off the pace. I think probably because Pulis focused on the magic 40 points. I don't think this team will do that. That's very gratifying.

Pottermouth 328 likes this.
  8. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Given all the injuries, I think we are doing very well. Only one team wanted to win that game, and it wasn't Hull City. 3pts.... Move on to Everton.

ricc full2 likes this.