1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

This season

Discussion in 'Millwall' started by Ringo Lion, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

I got my first look at the squad on saturday verses a decent Real Sociedad and was impressed with what I saw, a high tempo passing game that moved the ball around effectively and no sign of the aimless hoof-ball we were subjected too last season.
    Romeo has definately improved his game, he got forward regularly and won a few clean tackles when last season he would had gave away a free-kick and earned a booking or two.
    O'Brien was played as a striker trying to feed of Matt Smith's knock downs, he looks like he has lost some weight and a bit sharper so some positives with him.
    Ben Thompson, Jed Wallace and Conner Mahoney (our goal scorers) were all outstanding and the core of the team who between them will assist and score the majority of our goals this season.
    Skalak looked useful in the twenty minutes he played and Bradshaw and Bodvarsson also got twenty minutes but had no impact on the game.
    My verdict ; If our strike force can contribute as many goals as our midfield we can have a comfortable season in mid table beating some of the promotion contenders along the way, if our defence can plug up the gaps that Real Sociedad exploited for their goals we might have a brief flirtation with the play-off positions.<cheers>

MIGHTY and Millwallsteve like this.
  2. lifecheshirewhite

Yep you've had it back to a relegation battle

3. rod french

rod french Active Member

Oh, ye of little faith. Just what I would expect from a Leeds supporter, give up at the first hurdle.

Ringo Lion likes this.
  4. lifecheshirewhite

If you were a race horse, you would have been shot last night, and canned as dog food.