1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

This is not a team capable of winning the play-offs

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Beverley_Tiger_998, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Bosco

Bosco Member

Fryatt to get a three on Saturday! ....Did he score there on his debut or was that Ipswich...?

City will hit their groove soon.... er hopefully.

I hope Simpson gets agame soon.

UTT !

2. william of amber

william of amber New Member

As long as I don't have to adhere to a curfew and wear some kind of tagging device, I may take you up on your gracious offer:wink:

3. disquietTiger

disquietTiger Active Member

I'd enquire about Mackie on loan.

4. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As in Jamie Mackie?

EDIT: It's the only Mackie I can think of, but he's QPR's first choice left winger since he came back from his multiple leg break injury, and he's played every minute under Hughes.

5. merchantman5

merchantman5 Well-Known Member

Yes the victories matter but so does putting the ball in the net, Actually 2 goals in 6 games doesn't sound bad. But what does sound bad is 2 goals in 60 attempts

6. Brough Tiger

Brough Tiger Well-Known Member

People asking for simpson to be given a go....... pretty sure premier tiger said simpson isnt in barmbys plans at the moment and given how he seems determined not to change his formation or his players i would think that simpson is some way off making a start, especially given that barmby was apparently very pleased with how we played last night.

Personally, i completely agree that he should be given a game but im not holding my breath!

7. Leeds Met Tiger

On the evidence of last night when he was in a good position to score, and ran the other way outside the box; no. It's brilliant we're in 5th, but if we'd won that game last night we could have been up to fourth!! The higher up the league we are the better, we're cementing a play off place in a very tight league if we win; can't just keep relying on Koren to produce miracles. As said in another thread, there may be someone left out of a 25 man premier league squad who we could sign on loan until the end of the season; looking at deadline day... I'd say DJ Campbell might be left out of QPR's, would anyone say no to signing him? Proven record in the championship

8. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

I'd have taken 4 points from Reading and Donny, maybe if they were the other way round and we'd drawn at Reading and beat Donny everybody would overlook the fact we can't seem to score.

The cup match has some bearing but i think that's from those who thought it was a home banker, that City would thrash Crawley easy, and who never went.

9. merchantman5

You are the one that seems to think that we can carry on in front of goal the way we are and stay in the playoffs not me. In my eyes that is deluded. I did actually agree with you on using Simpson up front. I don't give a ****e what you call me the fact is it doesn't matter where we are at present if we don't start turning chances into goals we will be nowhere near the playoffs come May. Christ open your eyes man, even Ipswich managed to put 5 past West Ham FFS. You don't need a degree in football management to realise something is wrong and has to change if we are serious about a promotion push.

10. merchantman5

Well now how about teams below us starting to play better football. Christ Ipswich even managed to put 5 past West Ham. Look at the table FFS there are only 7 points between us and 14 place

11. Hessle Tiger

Hessle Tiger Member

Whilst we haven't exactly been banging the goals in, look at our recent form. Over the last 10 games we've won 6, drawn 1 and lost 3. Not bad form for a team that can't score goals is it? So in my eyes, our strikers are out of form, that could change at any moment. I just don't see it as time to start panicking and I certainly don't see it as deluded, as they say, each to their own.

12. guitartrax

guitartrax Active Member

Thats the crux of the debate HT, If Fryatt and co come good,or some of the none strikers chip a few in, then alls good and we finish the season strong and who knows where. But if our goal tally stays at its curent rate, then we finish the season frustated knowing we had all the tools except the goals needed to finish the job.

13. Hessle Tiger

Hessle Tiger Member

Absolutely, but as I said yesterday, its all ifs and buts at the minute. We've hardly been prolific this season have we? Yet we find ourselves sat happily in 5th, in prime position to push on. We've probably been on our worst goal scoring run, yet we're still picking points up. Would you have taken 4 points from the last 2 games? Reading away and Donny at home? I know I would.

I understand those that are saying "we need someone to come in and get the goals for us" but, what I've been saying is that if Nick thinks the players we've got are good enough to get the job done, then let them get on with it!

14. william of amber

william of amber New Member

Yes and there's only 6 points between us and and 2nd place ffs

15. merchantman5

Which if we don't start scoring more goals we haven't a cat in hells chance of achieving

16. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Especially if every chance we get to catch up, like Tuesday, we fail to score.

I really hope I'm wrong but I think at the end of the season we won't be promoted and we'll be saying "If we just finished one of those chances in one of those games against Donny, Blackpool, West Ham, Palace, Derby, Boro or Burnley, all of which we dominated, we'd be in the Premier League." And we won't necessarily be a better side next year.

17. Beverley_Tiger_998

Beverley_Tiger_998 Active Member

Bumped up for relevance

18. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

For ****'s sake :mad::mad::mad:

19. BigotAlertAnalRimMan

or re- irrelevance...

team can still make play offs
    can forget top 2
    once in play offs it's like a world cup, anything can happen, favourites go out, outsiders squeak through...

20. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

That's six clean sheets on the bounce in the league, something we haven't done since 1908, a fantastic testament to our team's defensive abilities. But yet again we're left fustrated by failing to convert the chances we create. With Blackpool, Cardiff, Southampton and Leicester to play in the coming weeks we're gonna have to start scoring as we can't rely on holding teams to nil.