1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

This girls parents

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Diego, Sep 25, 2021.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Sheer ignorance really. They are caught up in some need to associate themselves with the 'anti-woke' crowd, so concentrate their efforts on trying to ridicule anybody who talks about climate change. Classic small mind mentality, throw around the insults for a cheap laugh and bury your head in the sand from the reality.

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Oil and gas is a big focal point. There are others. I think world agriculture is one that's overlooked and big businesses associated with it still think they can get away with it. Added to that practices which impact on water consumption and its resulting impact on the local environment often near the most impoverished should be a big concern.

PINKIE likes this.
  3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Plenty just don’t give a ****, as they know the worst effects won’t be felt until they’re gone, and I’ll include some billionaires, politicians and business leaders in that group despite their weasel words. Won’t affect me so bollocks to it.

Gessa and Treble like this.
  4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

There was a really good documentary that @Schlem Boogerman posted the other day about soil and carbon sequestration. Regenerative farming practices and how it can all restore the natural world and lock in carbon. Some of the tech isn't difficult. It's what we did hundreds / thousands of years ago.

Like you say, it's modern intensive mono culture farming, meat production on an industrial scale and the heavy water use to grow certain crops for food (and cotton) that is the problem.

Treble likes this.
  5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

It's ****ing sad and selfish. You'd think these people would show some empathy for their kids and grandkids and the **** storm that they are going to have to deal with. But like you say, some people's concerns don't extend any further than themselves.

Tobes and Gessa like this.
  6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I personally think it's shocking that world leaders are doing nothing about climate change, i think they should stop the use of any and all use of coal. gas and oil right now not plan to phase them out over the coming years..
    Who cares if human life grinds to a halt.

EDIT.........oh, and let's kill the majority of farm livestock and put the rest in Zoo's because they fart a lot.
    At least our grandchildren will be able to go and look at a few now and then and marvel at what used to be common sights.
    **** it, let's go the whole hog and kill off elephants, rhino's and hippos too, we can always stuff a few for posterity.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  7. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

^^^^^ You shouldn’t drink on an empty head, it will save you making a complete twat of yourself.

Toby likes this.
  8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Is that you Greta?
    Tell us all what we should be doing to speed things up whilst keeping society running.

9. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

Imagine being that triggered by a young lady, especially as you share a “brew” with the worlds great minds!

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh> You feeling alright mate ?

Been hanging around Fat Pete and DMD for too long fella.

11. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Old Speckled Hen and Not606 are rarely a good mix.

12. brb

brb CR250

I know your comment wasn't aimed at me, but I do think Greta's constant negativity, failed to recognise those she could have been praising over the last few days.

It's all well and good getting angry and dismissing the climate change conference as she did yesterday on twitter, she said again it was all blah, blah, blah, well maybe she should have taken a closer look, and she would have seen a younger girl than her aged 15/16 was being recognised for her innovation, her name Vinisha Umashankar, 'how dare she' insult young people like her, that are actually trying to make a difference.

Vinisha didn't sit back and pat them on the back either, but at least she was at the meeting, at least she had an innovation for change, at least she still got to speak her mind, just like Greta, but directly to the leaders that were there.

Sadly Vinisha don't have 5 million followers like Greta, who I've personally no problem with, but it don't always make her right either...

There are 10 million coal fueled carts in India...

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
    Lovearsenalcock and BobbyD like this.
  13. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

It’s less about the message and more about the messenger though with Diego and the other GC clowns

14. brb

brb CR250

Fair enough. <ok>

PINKIE likes this.
  15. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I see the Jocks have got Greta pissed and she has finally got real.