1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

This doesn't look good

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Nov 28, 2022.

1. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I don’t miss it at all mate, I would like to go up when we have a team that can do more than compete with the bottom three, otherwise I’m happy where we are <ok>

2. Bob the Mackem

Bob the Mackem Well-Known Member

That is not true mate his agent is only working on Everton and Rangers.
    That was upto last week

Young Ted and TopCat_ like this.
  3. John Wick

John Wick Well-Known Member

People need to realise unfortunately we have another Maja situation on our hands and have done for months. Little hints have been dropped in on this forum a few times. We have a structure and are willing to break it for no one. We will lose more players down the line because of simlar situations. We may have a very wealthy owner, but self sustainability is exactly what it says on the tin. Buy low, sell high and stick to the business set up ie wages ect. Imo Stewart is away in January, I hope I'm wrong, but i won't be pinning any hopes on him.

4. Bob the Mackem

Bob the Mackem Well-Known Member

You know the craic, over the past 2 month it's been ongoing. i can't understand why the club don't tell the fans the truth, yes KS is trying to get a working model going, but if Ross wants away and his agent is still touting him, make a statement saying we have made our best offer within our wage structure and it's not enough.

5. dred

dred Well-Known Member

Spot on

gelders pie likes this.
  6. Southern A

Southern A Well-Known Member

that would be fair enough if we’ve made our best offer. I guess the only person who knows if we’ve made our best offer is KLD, no matter what he tells others. And even then he may change his mind.

No point closing the door on it and backing themselves into a corner on the basis of “being honest with the fans”. I’d rather Speakman and KLD did what was best for the club even if that meant never telling the fans anything and keeping everything tight lipped

Nonsense Potter and Robertson like this.
  7. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Any team that gets promoted will only challenge near the bottom mate. Even if we came straight down the money we'd gain would be ridiculous. Beats staying in the Championship and holding off to get promoted because we're scared of losing lots of games in the Premiership

8. Southern A

can’t see that scenario happening. We don’t NEED to sell him now and he’s not hot enough property to phone in the rest of the season. If he decides he wants to go on the 30th jan I can’t see us selling him. He’d be forced to stay and keeping putting a shift in otherwise the clubs won’t want him as he will look a flash in pan.

Anyway he seems an honest and genuine lad who is grateful for the opportunity we’ve given him. I can’t see him doing anything in a disrespectful way.

my opinion of him is that if he can get more money elsewhere and wants that money, then he’s earned that move (if the fee is right for us). I’d personally wish him well and move on.

Young Ted, FellTop and Robertson like this.
  9. Southern A

Wouldn’t it be great on Christmas Eve afternoon they announced his new contract. Similar to when KLD was announced a couple of years earlier

10. John Wick

This is it mate, when the Maja saga was going on it was the board rooms fault, this is the exact same thing that's happening and we seem to be sleep walking into it. In all honesty, has his muscle injury been as bad as reported?Footballers careers are short and unfortunately it is about money no matter what people think. Its the same as when people say "If someone came along and offered you double for doing the same job, would you say no?" ofcourse you're not turning that down. Selling Stewart for a couple of million and a player is the business model and we'll except it because its part of the set up as you probably know. The older I'm getting the less I invest in the players, they're here to do a job and that's about it unfortunately. It'll not be long before we're in a similar situation we the likes of Clarke and Roberts ect. Imo ouf modle is keeping the club safe, but as for Premier Leauge football, that's a pipe dream because the "modle" hampers it. So, I'm strapped I for Championship football for the foreseeable. not being negative, its just its mot 15-20 years ago when we were jumping between prem and Championship. We're a young, newly promoted team, after a while we'll hopefully be a fixture in the leauge, but we'll still be young because the buy to sell is the way forward. We won't be spending 20 and 25 million on players like other Championship clubs do and have. Long live the club. Sorry for the waffle.

11. rooch 3

Can’t agree with that mate, if you take your time and have the right team you can do what we did before and the mags did before. This team would be lucky to finish bottom <ok>

Young Ted likes this.
  12. John Wick

This is why unfortunately we can't compete. Teams like Norwich, Sheffield, Burnley, Watford etc are the new yoyo clubs that's are absolutely loaded and able to compete for promotion season after season. Our only hope in the future is to sneek in through the playoffs.

Young Ted and Teessidemackem like this.
  13. Teessidemackem

Look at how much money teams like Norwich and Fulham have generated over the years mate by going up and then straight down again.
    We wont gain financially waiting around mate, and losing our best players to our rivals certainly wont help either if Stewart was to leave us.

I'm not really sure why some fans want to wait a few years and what we'll actually gain from it. We could stay in this league another 5 years, get promoted and then instantly relegated, so why not just give it a go now and if all fails we'll have made plenty of coin from it.

Dancingstripes likes this.
  14. Teessidemackem

That's exactly the point I'm trying to make mate.

John Wick likes this.
  15. rooch 3

Basically mate, because that sounds just bloody horrible.

Teessidemackem likes this.
  16. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

Good. Hoped it was bollocks

17. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

Parachute payments going the journey soon I think according to what I've read for the new EFL deal

If Rossco goes for 8/10/12 or more then we aren't spending anywhere near that on a replacement. We will be in the market for 'another Rossco' I.e. 0k-750k on an unknown player to replace him.

18. John Wick

I was agreeing bud. Football has changed that much its like there's 3 leauges in each leauge.

Teessidemackem likes this.
  19. Teessidemackem

Yes I know you were mate, glad I'm not alone in thinking pi$$ing about in this league longer than we need to is pointless, because either way once we get promoted the chances of relegation will be big, so I'd rather have a go sooner rather than later and at least bring a load of money into the club to have another go the season after and keep getting stronger

Chip, Montysoptician and young2077 like this.
  20. Robertson

Robertson Well-Known Member

I disagree on the 0-750k bit. The way we are going, I can see the fees paid stepping up incrementally if the progress is steady. 0-750k in League one becomes 2-3 million in the Championship, becomes 4-5 and so on as we get more established.

The problem there is that you’ve got to chuck money at the team to have a good chance of going up quickly. Get it wrong and the finances start to get out of hand.

Young Ted likes this.