1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

This could be the team to change things around!!!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Guys this could well be the team to turn our recent fortunes around. all players are realistic new signings or current players. If CWick goes then obviously i think that PJ will go for either Nugent or Sharp.

What do you guys think? Anyone getting slightly more excited after all the doom and gloom last week?

Fulop

Edwards
    St Ledger
    Pearce
    Creswell

Carson
    Leadbitter
    Haroun
    Treacey

Chopra
    Wickham/Sharp/Nugent

2. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Spanish - so you think we'll be signing 6 players this summer? I personally don't think that'll happen (but will be prepared to humble pie) I can only really see us signing 3 players..Chopra is an almost certainty, i think we'll probably get St Ledger and one other of treacy or cresswell. As for your team..edwards has to be replaced with peters, and Hyam in for Haroun - other than that, we could have a jolly good team next season.

3. markfatboyblues78

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!

Maybe Ingamarsson for Now with Pearce as cover and for the future. Also another recognised RB and August cannot come quick enough

4. Tractor Tim

Tractor Tim Member

I still think in the right team that Priskin has somethuing to offer us, that we haven't seen yet.

5. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Stretchy

Actually i think we will sign more than 6 players and think we have to as our squad is looking rather threadbare to say the least. I may be wrong but hope i'm right!!

6. HangingHog FC

HangingHog FC Member

Spanish i hope that your crystal ball is working properly cos that would be a strong team . Would like to see Nugent up front with Chopra which must pull in 30+ goals between them .Wouldn't have Fulop in goal as looks a bit camp.:emoticon-0139-bow:

7. King_of_Portman_Rd

King_of_Portman_Rd Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I agree with Tractor Tim, I still think Priskin has something to offer us. It's no coincidence that in two seasons he's been loaned out to two of the best footballing teams in the division and with the right players around him could net around 15 goals next term.

I also think we'll sign a few this summer, there are some decent free transfers knocking about PJ has some decent contacts and I imagine we haven't signed anyone yet because he is looking at every avenue and trying to spend as wisely as possible

8. Rushmere

Rushmere Member

Would love to think that you were right Spanish but I'm a cynical optimist. Agree with Stretchy that I would throw Peters in for Edwards and move Edwards forward (if needs be). Really not fussed about Nugent, (think the bloke's a cock) and would perhaps give Priskin a bash with Chopra (assuming Wickham goes).

9. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

If Wickham does goes i'd like to see Dos Santos replace him............or is that to unrealistic???

10. King_of_Portman_Rd

King_of_Portman_Rd Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Couple of Spanish clubs are linked, including the one he was on loan to last season. About time we rolled that under the carpet and move on. The lad is probably far too good to be at a lower Prem team so mid table championship isn't much of a lure. He'll go back to Spain and we'll remember him for his short but inspiring spell in a town shirt